Sign in to follow this  
grendel [aps]

Resistance MG nests

I'm currently working on my first warfare map, for ic_barbuda, and have either found solutions in these forums or nutted out ( banghead.gif )  most of my problems.

Unfortunately I've come across 2 problems that I can't figure out and am hoping for a "wee bit o 'elp".

Is there any way of un-randomising the occupation of resistance MG nests?

I've been trying to organise the MG nests to have interlocking fields of fire with nests at other camps but with the randomisation my efforts amount to bugger all success.

My other and, so far, final problem is the semi working dynamic weather. I've been trying to include the weather system from Domination, and have gotten it to the point where the rain markers show up moving across the map. Only minus the actual weather effects in game though.

Any help muchly appreciated.  notworthy.gif

Hi Grendel.

In "Common\Init\Init_Location.sqs" you have the probability arriving as parameter 8.

You basically just have to override this before the random selection like this:

_probability = 100

{if ((Random 100) <= _probability) then {_defenses = _defenses + [_x]};} ForEach _allDefenses

Regarding random weather the script used in Domination and Evo is very nice though I myself made a general script changing weather every 4 minutes in my latest Oden Warfare 1.1a (to be found in another thread) which affects the whole Island (or rather all clients to be more precise :-)

Feel free to copy paste my script if you find it appropriate for your needs (weatherUpdate.sqs to be initialized from clients and server update script controls the randomizing and 4 minute delay).

I've gotten to the point of prolonged testing of my warfare. ie: Starting up a game then going off to work and coming back hours later to see what's gone wrong.

I'm getting two errors that seem to be conected.

" 'Driver _vehicle l#l DoMove ([GetPos _destination,10,20] Call...' Error Type Any, expected Number"

And.

" 'Name l#l' Error Invalid number in expression"

Both of which creates a scalar economy.

While I've tracked down the command line of the first one in  the "Server\AI\AI_SupplyTruck" sqs file. I'm too new at this to figure out what the actual problem, let alone the solution, is.

My final problem is arty. I've altered the price of arty in the "common\config\config_structures" sqs to $2500. And it works for arty purchased either by the comm at base or by a player via the service truck. But arty bought at camps remains at the default price of $1200. I've looked, but couldn't find any files that seemed to control camp specific structure options.

Again, any help would be muchly appreciated. notworthy.gif

Once these 2 problems are sorted I'll be ready to inflict it on my local server.

Those two problems only occur in local server mode. If you run them dedicated, they will not occur. The mission was not designed to run local, and as such some variables do not transfer properly because of 'if (server) then' or 'if (!server) then' or 'if (player local) exitwith {}'

You get the idea. sad_o.gif

If you have enough HD space, make a copy of the arma directory called armadedicated and run the dedicated on the same machine if you have enough CPU power. If you get the problem where they are trying to share the same profiles, you can specify the -profile c:\pathtoarma\Profiles with the -profiles switch. See the biki for what I mean.