Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

Two sided warfare...no RACS

Trying to come up with a warfare game without the RACS in it.

Basically in a nutshell, both sides begin with a equal amount of towns that their AI guard. Supply values for the towns can only go down when the opposing force takes a town away. Supply can increase if you venture onto the enemy's turf and take their towns. You can spawn at any friendly controlled town and controlled camp. Winning criteria is met when either side captures a percentage of towns or finds and detroys their enemy's base.

So how would I define and intitialize which town belonged to what side and parse that through to the init_camp.sqs? (init_camp.sqs being the script that tells the resistance or whatever side you tell to occupy all neutral towns) In this case we want to split them up.

And how can I define where to spawn and not just recently captured camps or towns that fall within the current rules under warfare?

Thanks in advance for any help.

would be cool to know how to make a version where both sides have a full base built up with all upgrades and players are thrown into the mix and confusion of a already ongoing warfare tounge2.gif

I can see the scripting of how arma works. I just need to know how to apply the code to initialize each town as a already predefined side. Like right now in warfare the code doesn't define that. What it does say is if a town isn't occupied at the start, assign it to the resistanceID. So I gotta figure out how to start out towns as either EastID or WestID and how to pass that through the code to the server.

I think if you delete the racs officer in the editor they dont spawn

could you just then add west or east soldiers in the editor by the towns you want them to own they should cap them... I havnt got time to try this at the mo but it should work methinks?

Excellent idea. I will give it a shot and let you know.