Sign in to follow this  
floosy

Import objects?

Hi all,

I try to import an addon on my map, but can't....

I tryied the importobjects.vis but failed.

I tryied to import with the tools> artificial object> browse, but no texture were apply on my p3d.

What is the good process?

if there is an unbinarized version in your P drive you should not have a problem..... I know i didnt...

I have an addon of the object named "X".

Could you tell me how to do to put it in my map?

I have an addon of the object named "X".

Could you tell me how to do to put it in my map?

huh.gif someone could help me?

If your addon named 'X' has an ODOL format .p3d file you cannot load it into Oxygen.

ODOL is the binarized version of the model file, which basically means it has been optimised for the game.

To load the model into Oxygen, you need an MLOD version of the .p3d file.

This is the format of the .p3d file that Oxygen originally produced before it was binarized for the game.

Planck

lol thanks for your answer, but my question is for Visitor 3 not for Oxygen. huh.gif

Unpack your "x.pbo", put the folder on your P:\ root, add the p3d model to the list of artificial objects. If that's not working it might require it to be located in another directory because the model's texture paths is looking for textures that come with the addon and the addon is in the wrong dir.

Aye, serves me right for not reading the question properly. biggrin_o.gif

Planck

I cant see the textures on the addon i import in my map.... grrr....grrr and grrr... mad_o.gif

Well what addon is it? Is it something official (BI addon)? Private/unreleased, or something else?  If you could read the texture paths in the rvmats (if it has any) or the p3d it could give you a hint as to where it's supposed to be (provided that's what's causing it).

it s a private addons, perhaps a bug in the config of this object no?

Don't think anything in the config could cause that, infact I think configs are disabled in buldozer/visitor. Do you have access to the MLOD format of the model? Does the textures work when viewing the model in O2's buldozer?

When i use it in the arma editor i see the textures.

open the blahblah.pbo with keygety's cpbo.exe pbo extraction tool.

in the folder that the tool creates... eg. \blahblah you should find a text file called PBO$PREFIX. (note the file does not have a file extension) - it is a text file.

In this file is the 'pathname' to where this folder should be living.

Folder is <somewhereonyourmachine>\synBodies

The contents of the PBO$PREFIX file says...

Synide\synBuildings

Then you should make a folder in the root of your P:\ drive called 'Synide' and move the 'synBuildings' folder into this.

If there is no PBO$PREFIX file in the extracted addon folder then this means the .pbo was created by an idiot using an old OFP pbo tool.

At this point do what Opteryx said find one of the .rvmat files inside the extracted .pbo.

convert the .rvmat to it's text equivalent and then open it in a text editor to see where the extracted folder should be placed on your P:\ drive.

also, if the particular model in turn uses textures etc. from other BIS addons or community addons they too would have to be extracted to their respective locations.