Sign in to follow this  
chammy

CSM Betav2 Released!!

Cons:

M16A4 with ACOG has default sounds

A-10 needs a lil improvement in the engine roar/grunt, needs more of that whine sound it makes. It would be cool if you were able to get the harriers a proper fly-by sound like in XAM 1.5:1

Pro's:

M203 sounds are awesome!

I love your reloading sounds, they are very unique... Same with your grenade pin biggrin_o.gif

The Choppers sound really cool

Hey guys thanks. Well I did this all on 1.14 and so far on my end there has been no errors and everything sounds fine. It might be a version issue , whomever has either European or American version. Ahh, I do however have the UK version, that might be the reason. If anyone has a solution to that please send it my way, or Binksters way, he may be able to fix that and link a proper config for that. I got a messege from Q that he had fixed a few errors also, which I do appreciate.

I made sure that the M16a4 was also included but I gues on some of your ends its not fixed yet. I think, like I said earlier, it might be a version issue..  We will be on that now. huh.gif

Tell you what, why don't yall post what versions you have and what countries like, US or European or UK versions . Mine is the UK version.

G'day Chammy,

Running 1.14 on the 505 Games / Red Ant version of ArmA (Australian)

Thanks for your help mate smile_o.gif

Excellent work, cant wait to try the new version as soon as I can smile_o.gif

Frontpaged at the Armaholic.com homepage.

The Armaholic.com download page can be found here:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1643

Oh wow, thanks El Nino, and wow, on ArmAHolic!!! Well I wish all the kinks would have been ironed out but we tried. on my end there have been no errors so it may just be version problems and all sounds are audible.

Chammy, love your work. Thank you for the time / effort. Will there be a key for this?

I made a quick video if anyone is intrested showing off some of these great sounds. Video is here

Wonderful job on the sound mod notworthy.gif

sounds great chammy, wonderful work as usual. I did find a couple problems tho, just wanted you to know, (in case you didn't know already)

Quote[/b] ]== E:\Program Files\Atari\ArmA\arma.exe

=====================================================================

Exe version: Thu Sep 04 16:30:00 2008

build 1.14.5256

File csm_cfg\config.cpp, line 111: '/CfgMusic/ATrack23.name': Missing ';' at the end of line

File csm_cfg\config.cpp, line 131: '/CfgMusic/ATrack9.name': Missing ';' at the end of line

File csm_cfg\config.cpp, line 136: '/CfgMusic/ATrack10.name': Missing ';' at the end of line

File csm_cfg\config.cpp, line 141: '/CfgMusic/ATrack11.name': Missing ';' at the end of line

File csm_cfg\config.cpp, line 186: '/CfgMusic/ATrack26.name': Missing ';' at the end of line

Item STR_03s01 listed twice

Updating base class ->Default, by ca\anims\characters\config.bin/CfgMovesBasic/DefaultDie/

Updating base class ->Default, by ca\anims\characters\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/Crew/

Updating base class MissileBase->RocketBase, by csm_cfg\config.cpp/CfgAmmo/M_Javelin_AT/

Updating base class MissileBase->M_Stinger_AA, by csm_cfg\config.cpp/CfgAmmo/M_Sidewinder_AA/

Updating base class MissileBase->M_Stinger_AA, by csm_cfg\config.cpp/CfgAmmo/M_Strela_AA/

Updating base class M16A2->Rifle, by csm_cfg\config.cpp/CfgWeapons/m16a4/

Cannot load sound 'csm_sounds\bullets\\bullet_whizz.wss'

Cannot find a sound file csm_sounds\east\weapons\pkt_r.wss

Polish 1.14 - also not working M16's apart from M16 ACOG, which has default sound. But still - this sound mod destroys everything, that was already released. Only thing I dislike are the HMG's sounds (DshK and so on). They don't have that punch in their sound. Check out this vid: http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=GYOHFaVFp3o&feature=related

European version. 1.14. Published by 505. Everything works except the M-16A4 ACOG-sound. Other than that, this is the best sound mod ever. I´m an FN MAG-enthusiast (as you can see in my avatar), and the M240 sound is almost erotic.

Thanks for this new CSM. Got some entries in arma.rpt with missing ";" and "Cannot load sound 'csm_sounds\bullets\\bullet_whizz.wss'" , no ammo for some guns and some strange single shot reverbs in auto mode.

I have no issues as such like missing errors or anything like that - UK version here.

Just to say that this is truly realism at its finest.  notworthy.gif

The only thing that stuck out and "bugged" me a little was the looping flare sound. I use Zguba Flares, and on a night mission the sounds was looping slow then rapid then slow, it was a bit odd and out of place with everything else. If it played once on fire/launch of flare then cool, and some tail fizz for a moment, but it keeps re-trigering like distant shots fired over and over until flare has gone, with multiples its very odd. The sound itself is superb, just the looping that was odd.

The incoming rounds from helis on ground, man thats good, the explosions and grenade explosions are second to none. Sniper rifles on both sides are just the dogs nuts!

I think I will stick with this as my main sound mod and "personal" tweak some helis & ground/walking sounds which I prefer from a  different mod, but overall its a keeper.

Oh and the music is great too, I would say if your not completely anal like I am and you want proper realism, this is a close as it will get. I went though a few youtube clips with real life firefights etc and when I switched back to chammys, its pretty much spot on.  pistols.gif

Euro 505 1.14 here. Sounds excellent, only problem so far is I have no ammo in my M4s when I go to test them in the armory.

Love the sound mod!!!

Only issue, is yeah, the m16 has the normal BIS sounds. I remember i noticed that the m16 sounds really weak and very low and crappy. Im like, this isin't chammy!!!

Anyways. im running the Atari US Version. Please try to get this fixed since i want my killing to sound something like this: BOOM!

Sounds excellent,  only problem so far is I have no ammo in my M4s when I go to test them in the armory.

Chammy,

Brilliant work mate ! Absolutely loving it.

I do have the same problem as listed above, as well as in missions.

[TAO] Kremator

Sounds excellent,  only problem so far is I have no ammo in my M4s when I go to test them in the armory.

Chammy,

Brilliant work mate !  Absolutely loving it.

I do have the same problem as listed above, as well as in missions.

[TAO] Kremator

I have the problem of adding an M16A4 to a soilder..

Removeallweapons this; player addweapon "m16a4" doesnt work, not even with this addweapon smile_o.gif

the best got even better... extremely well done, chammy!!

i had only a quick look at the sounds of the gear i use and drive/fly regularly, but the choppers (love the ka-50!! ) and personal weapon sounds are simply amazing.

thanks for your hard work!!

Woa. Thanks everyone for all kudos and links!! biggrin_o.gifnotworthy.gif

Ok, I am jotting down the issues and looking into correcting them. Like mrcash2009, we both have the same version which I think is the International? No, the UK, yes, thats the one I got off of Ebay. So once Binkster gets back online we will start searching for some solutions to the version issues. Maybe we can post some configs that will correct those issues in the software versions , we will just need to know what isnt working, what error messeges are popping up. Like the flare, that might be a simple "soundhit (flare_open)" and "soundfly" problem.

The M16a4, i made sure it worked so the USMC addons would be working with it, but as siad before the Versions of ArmA is the cause.

What I might be able to do as a quick fixer is either post the weapon sound replacements to over right the stock ones, but the only thing with that is the sound mix matching with what ever other sound mod you might have. Or if you all can post the config and issues and the version you have . Maybe Binkster will have a solution.

will report back later . smile_o.gif