Sign in to follow this  
avibird 1

ArmA2 - The Xbox 360 thread

So there's people actually playing it online on the consoles? Is it like a handful, dozens or hundreds of people? :eek:

I played online last night, xbox 360, some co-op and some pvp.

There are enough to get games going at prime gaming hours, but there is definitely not "a lot" of people playing.

sometimes difficult to get a match going that has a good enough connection

clans are still doing matches on fraggednation.

I would say its in the hundreds overall (If i don't play for a week, my rank drops by at least 100 slots)

We're praying CM is going to get the free roam mod onto consoles, but hope is fading. That;'s why I'm lurking here and searching for a computer that will play Arma 2 and won't break my budget.

Edited by andromedagalaxe

If the bashing, flaming and spamming here doesn't stop we simply close this thread until there is word from BIS that there will be a console version.

Great idea and long overdue. The bashing won't stop, so close this pointless thread, it's getting silly.

Grim

id like to see ArmA2 out on console but not the 360 if BI where to do it on console than id have to say PS3 but as it is PC FTW whan it comes for games like this any time

id like to see ArmA2 out on console but not the 360 if BI where to do it on console than id have to say PS3

Cool, thanks for your opinion. But just in case you didn't see it - this is the 'ArmA2 - The Xbox 360' thread. Thanks again, very much appreciated...

Grim

id like to see ArmA2 out on console but not the 360 if BI where to do it on console than id have to say PS3 but as it is PC FTW whan it comes for games like this any time
on a PS3...why it would be less IQ...in the AA side. PS3 is a nightmare to work with and makes most PCgames that are ported from a PS3 look like shit... Cost a ton of $ to get a dev kit/Lic... most if not games that are on the PC and PS3 are ugly... but you got your blueray... Maybe Cyrtec 2nd engine will break the mold...

on a PS3...why it would be less IQ...in the AA side. PS3 is a nightmare to work with and makes most PCgames that are ported from a PS3 look like shit... Cost a ton of $ to get a dev kit/Lic... most if not games that are on the PC and PS3 are ugly... but you got your blueray... Maybe Cyrtec 2nd engine will break the mold...

can someone translate this into complete sentences for me?

DR on the PS3 looked the much worse than the 360, on the PC it looks the best. So if I were to chose a port for ARMA II it would be the 360, not to mention more shooter type people on the 360.

Live for Xbox1 will be shut down on April 15th:

http://gamerscoreblog.com/press/archive/2010/02/05/gh789.aspx

Tough luck, but you should've known better. This is how it goes with closed and tightly-controlled systems like the Xbox.

What a weak troll attempt. They only supported online play for 5 years after the console was dead. Plus you can play original xbox online over a pc still.

What a weak troll attempt.

What a lousy flamebait :rolleyes:

They only supported online play for 5 years after the console was dead. Plus you can play original xbox online over a pc still.

And who decided it was dead? I hear there was still people playing Halo 2 and even OFP Elite regularly on Live. I'd be pretty pissed off if my PC just one day stopped connecting to the Internet for good and I couldn't play my favorite game online no more.

Tou can play original xbox games, even games that aren't live enabled, online with a pc for free. It's been this way since before xbox live was even around.

Speaking of flame bait refer to every post you've made in this thread.

Tou can play original xbox games, even games that aren't live enabled, online with a pc for free. It's been this way since before xbox live was even around.

Yeah, and how many people you know of who have actually done that and have you seen how well it works firsthand? Emulating a LAN over Internet is not the same thing as playing the online portion of a game as it's intended to. For one, everyone you play with would need to get a PC and install and configure the needed programs. Secondly, there's no server browser/match making so you'd need to organize with the people you want to play with beforehand. Thirdly, the latency compensation might get disabled in LAN mode, the game could even switch to using blocking i/o (execution halts when ready to receive the next data packet), severely breaking the gameplay.

If I needed an Xbox to play my PC games online, I'd just throw away the PC and play Xbox games in the first place :)

Yeah, and how many people you know of who have actually done that and have you seen how well it works firsthand? Emulating a LAN over Internet is not the same thing as playing the online portion of a game as it's intended to. For one, everyone you play with would need to get a PC and install and configure the needed programs. Secondly, there's no server browser/match making so you'd need to organize with the people you want to play with beforehand. Thirdly, the latency compensation might get disabled in LAN mode, the game could even switch to using blocking i/o (execution halts when ready to receive the next data packet), severely breaking the gameplay.

If I needed an Xbox to play my PC games online, I'd just throw away the PC and play Xbox games in the first place :)

Pulverizer, we all get it you don't like consoles and we all know you are a very diffculty person to talk to because you think you are right. This is not about who is right or which system is better, it's a view that people have. Some people like playing games on PC and others like consoles JUST DEAL WITH IT.

Stop all the crap on this thread just go play ARMA2 on your PC and let us hope BOHEMIA can make this right for a large market waiting for this game.

Just be a nice guy a go you have the whole forum to make posts. Do all of us a favor and be a good little boy and go play your game on your PC. Thank you love AVIBIRD 1

Do you think it's possible to write in proper english here? Not everyone has english as first language and is not interested in decrypting your text or guessing what you mean.

And yes this is a forum, not an ingame chat or mobile phone. You have all the time you need to write your posts.

Hey sorry about that and sorry to everyone I have confused, I keep forgeting to think that some people dont speak english as first languange, and il try to think before i write lol. getting a pc that should run ArmA and maybe even Arma2 and will tell all console only players how good it is. I hope this game comes out for consoles and while i see a watered down version possible, with all the projects BI is doing already i dont see much happening, probably carrier command and not AO, hope so though. If you guys just are looking for the gameplay and not a watered down console version dont wait, get a pc, I can get an i5 and lattest ATI for only 375 Aussie dollars if you look hard enough, so dont wait! Bohemia will not forget the console community, but until then dont wait!

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

oh and people bashing, stop, and go away, because you have plenty of other forums, we just want to discuss what might oneday be a great game that everyone no-matter what format they play on, after all we all want the same gameplay. And console gamers and pc gamers got along fine in operation flashpoint days so it is possible that we can get along now.

Well, to be frank, console players only appeared here (well, at least, to make a difference) after OFP: Elite's release which was in... 2005? Or was it 2006? :confused:

Edit: Just did a Google search, it was indeed 2005.

Edited by Zipper5
It was 2005

Pulverizer, we all get it you don't like consoles and we all know you are a very diffculty person to talk to because you think you are right. This is not about who is right or which system is better, it's a view that people have. Some people like playing games on PC and others like consoles JUST DEAL WITH IT.

Stop all the crap on this thread just go play ARMA2 on your PC and let us hope BOHEMIA can make this right for a large market waiting for this game.

Just be a nice guy a go you have the whole forum to make posts. Do all of us a favor and be a good little boy and go play your game on your PC. Thank you love AVIBIRD 1

My love, you really know how to hurt a sensitive man's feelings. I thought I was only doing you a favor by incrementing the post count of this thread and keeping it on page 1. It's already driving me crazy that we live worlds apart (both geographically and due to system-preference), and then you dismiss me in the public as your "good little boy". I don't think our relationship can go on like this, Avi :(

My love, you really know how to hurt a sensitive man's feelings. I thought I was only doing you a favor by incrementing the post count of this thread and keeping it on page 1. It's already driving me crazy that we live worlds apart (both geographically and due to system-preference), and then you dismiss me in the public as your "good little boy". I don't think our relationship can go on like this, Avi :(

I will tell you what, If we don't here something in a few months from BOHEMIA about a console version then I will ask my wife real nice if I can buy a new PC LOL just to play a game. Which I have very little time now because of real life issues and I really hate playing games on a small PC with the keyboard and rat. I know, I can play it on my HDTV and setup a hand controller. Consoles are just easy to play if you only have an hour to play per night that is a fact of life.

PC just need a lot of time for initial setup and to keep them running right. PC still have some of the same problems with gameplay as they did when I stopped a few years back (2005). Uneven play due to players hardware setup, hackers in rooms, most players have no mics or don't use them, the better players/user made missions are in locked rooms, still hard to find some download content to play in rooms ect.

The bottom line if OA gets released and no information then I may need to get a PC to play because OFPDR is killing me to play it.

PS. When XBOX LIVE goes down for the first xbox you just need to hook up to xbox connect from your PC download the program and you can play any xbox game online with friends using the xbox just like you would do on live with voice chat for free. So I can still play the OFP ELITE with my group of friends and my 300+ missions that I made and still the best missions around.

Edited by AVIBIRD 1

I have enough of that bickering now. AVIBIRD 1 just for your information: you are the very last person here to tell people where to post and where not.

Closed until there is word from BIS that there will be a console version.

And don't even think about starting a new thread about this.