Sign in to follow this  
avibird 1

ArmA2 - The Xbox 360 thread

I'm sorry to hear that you cannot keep track of a conversation spanning over two or more posts. My comment was in reply to Avibird saying "Lets not make this a PC vs Console thing".

What else is there to discuss? Nothing, there's been no news or new information about a possible (hahahahaha...) Xbox 360 version of Arma2 in ages. So might as well keep the PC vs console rants confined to this one thread as to not shit all the other threads with this nonsense.

Avibird seems to have no issue in going ranting about consoles in threads that have absolutely nothing to do with them, so why should we not come to his thread to talk about PCs?

Hey, The bottom line you are a jackass. You and your PC boys (Which I was one for many years playing RST,TBS, so called flight sim,tank sim, and yes the best game in the world OFPCWC) come to this thread just to say we don't want a console version because then BOHEMIA will not make good PC games only bad ports for us or they will turn away from us. That is the bottom line with most of you who come this thread.

Now for my post in the other thread, I was just answering the question of that post with some facts and some good sense about the gaming future. If you guys open your eye's you will see the handwriting on the wall. I am not saying this will happen right now but with the next console systems ie XBOX 720,PS4 or something new like onlive gamimg system. Things will change that's life.

I am wondering more and more what exactly you are doing on this forum, AVIBIRD 1. You seem much more suited to the environment on that "other" game's forum. You appear to have not been a fan of OFP (hence why I'd expect you to like that "other" game), and you do not like PCs (another reason why).

But "PC boys"? What did you expect to find on a forum for a game that is PC-exclusive?

We don't want a console version because when almost every franchise that has started out on the PC has turned to the console market, their games have been slowly, but surely, degrading in quality. A prime example of this would be the Call of Duty franchise, or Rainbow Six. With BIS' games being such great PC-exclusives that show exactly why PCs are better, we don't want them switching to consoles and losing what truly makes their games great.

That's something which you can't seem to understand, but then again, you are a console player who's preferred form of gaming is only expanding. Ours is shrinking fast. That's what makes everyone pissed off at comments you make on this forum (you probably chose the worst one to do this in, as well).

Consoles are always gonna be shit compared to PCs. Just like Nintendo Wii is shit compared to Xbox 360. Wii games also sell more than Xbox 360, so why don't you get a Wii, Avi? Because it has shit games, just like Xbox 360 has shit games from a PC gamer's perspective. We don't care about your Crapbox "facts" any more than you probably care about Wii sales figures.

Another reason why gaming-capable PCs aren't going anywhere anytime soon: Console games are developed on PCs, and the "next-gen" Xbox hardware will actually be based off of previous-generation PC tech. 360 is dx9 tech, as was WinXP. Win7 is dx11 now and I'd guess that the next Box will be based on dx11, but by the time it's out, Windows PCs are already the testbed for dx13 or whatever.

Consoles are always gonna be shit compared to PCs. Just like Nintendo Wii is shit compared to Xbox 360. Wii games also sell more than Xbox 360, so why don't you get a Wii, Avi? Because it has shit games, just like Xbox 360 has shit games from a PC gamer's perspective. We don't care about your Crapbox "facts" any more than you probably care about Wii sales figures.

Another reason why gaming-capable PCs aren't going anywhere anytime soon: Console games are developed on PCs, and the "next-gen" Xbox hardware will actually be based off of previous-generation PC tech. 360 is dx9 tech, as was WinXP. Win7 is dx11 now and I'd guess that the next Box will be based on dx11, but by the time it's out, Windows PCs are already the testbed for dx13 or whatever.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Bravo Pulverizer, you just became my new best friend.

I'm sorry to hear that you cannot keep track of a conversation spanning over two or more posts. My comment was in reply to Avibird saying "Lets not make this a PC vs Console thing".

What else is there to discuss? Nothing, there's been no news or new information about a possible (hahahahaha...) Xbox 360 version of Arma2 in ages. So might as well keep the PC vs console rants confined to this one thread as to not shit all the other threads with this nonsense.

Avibird seems to have no issue in going ranting about consoles in threads that have absolutely nothing to do with them, so why should we not come to his thread to talk about PCs?

good point , i just want to say , if arma2 in any form is announced for the 360, will you please support the company that makes the game ...

Just to add, if bohemia made a game for the console then ported it to pc , well i read a post that said bohemia makes the product but we make the game , can't remember word for word , so as you can make mods etc you should worry to much with what type of game bohemia makes , as long as it runs smooth and functions well, smile and be happy , your mod makers will save you ..lol .

I remember when i was younger and wanted a commodore 64 but got a vic 20 for chirstmas , i nearly cried , but i could still play most games being made at that point in time , same arguement different era ... pc v 360 , not everybody can afford a pc , also not all ppl can keep their pcs runing the way they wish it to , btw windows is microsoft so is the xbox 360 . .

Edited by cnickcj

good point , i just want to say , if arma2 in any form is announced for the 360, will you please support the company that makes the game ...

Nope. I'd buy 10 copies for the PC before I would buy something this complex for a console.

I buy a few racing/sports games for my XBOX 360. I buy even fewer games for the Wii for playing with girlfriend. I'll stick to PC for anything else.

I think it's still funny how someone could think this game would be even close to the PC version if made for XBOX 360...

Tell you what, hook your XBOX 360 controller and start mapping only important controls... You'll run out of buttons before you're halfway done. I use one for driving in Arma 2, I have tried.

Just to add, if bohemia made a game for the console then ported it to pc , well i read a post that said bohemia makes the product but we make the game , can't remember word for word , so as you can make mods etc you should worry to much with what type of game bohemia makes , as long as it runs smooth and functions well, smile and be happy , your mod makers will save you ..lol .

I remember when i was younger and wanted a commodore 64 but got a vic 20 for chirstmas , i nearly cried , but i could still play most games being made at that point in time , same arguement different era ... pc v 360 , not everybody can afford a pc , also not all ppl can keep their pcs runing the way they wish it to , btw windows is microsoft so is the xbox 360 . .

operation arrowhead

* 2 new locales, a 160 square-km region called Takistan based on Central Asian terrain. Zargabad, a 70 square-km island with dense urban areas.

* Return of various player roles. Players can, as they had in Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis, play as various characters, from a basic infantryman to a pilot or tank crewman.

* New factions such as guerrillas, the United Nations, local military, etc.

* New aircraft such as the AH-64 Apache, MH-6, and UH-1H.

* New vehicles such as the Stryker, M3 Bradley, T-55, M-113, BTR-60, and more.

* New weapons such as the FN SCAR.

* Improvements to the warfare mode and the game engine.

* Forward looking infrared (FLIR)"

operation flashpoint elite

The island itself was the entire scope of the game's battlefields, and despite the fact that it was more than 200 square kilometers in size

Nope. I'd buy 10 copies for the PC before I would buy something this complex for a console.

I buy a few racing/sports games for my XBOX 360. I buy even fewer games for the Wii for playing with girlfriend. I'll stick to PC for anything else.

I think it's still funny how someone could think this game would be even close to the PC version if made for XBOX 360...

Tell you what, hook your XBOX 360 controller and start mapping only important controls... You'll run out of buttons before you're halfway done. I use one for driving in Arma 2, I have tried.

speak for yourself , because thats what everybody does here , lets all think about the way we would each like to do things and hope everybody else joins in or follows suit .. good luck to everybody that has enough time on there hands to be a pc .. btw nobody has said once, the console version could be as great as the pc version , just to remind you a console is for game playing only ..... i want to play a game have fun and have a good experience , with friends . then my friend comes round and we play football together , he always wins ..

i was glued to my pc for about two years playing a few games , then i noticed my forehead was always very oily after playing and i was getting pains in my neck , i decided to have a very long break from pcs , like a break that last forever ..lol

Edited by cnickcj

Which has nothing to do with this thread, a thread in which it has been stated numerous times is not for Console v PC discussion.

speak for yourself , because thats what everybody does here , lets all think about the way we would each like to do things and hope everybody else joins in or follows suit .. good luck to everybody that has enough time on there hands to be a pc .. btw nobody has said once, the console version could be as great as the pc version

Lol, I do speak for myself. :rolleyes: And I could give two shits what anyone else does or thinks. I don't believe I preach, I just tell you how it is with me.

I have consoles. I like consoles. I like sitting in my recliner in front of my 50" plasma with 7.1 surround so loud the neighbors complain.

I also like to lock myself in my tiny computer room, in front of my tiny monitor, on my outdated PC, with my crappy speakers, to play my favorite game (can you guess what that is).

I would never compare the PC vs console, as I believe they both have their places. In my case, the console setup is way more expensive than my PC setup.

I just have a real hard time believing you would get close to the full experience with a console, for Arma 2 that is... that's what I believe.

I am wondering more and more what exactly you are doing on this forum, AVIBIRD 1. You seem much more suited to the environment on that "other" game's forum. You appear to have not been a fan of OFP (hence why I'd expect you to like that "other" game), and you do not like PCs (another reason why).

But "PC boys"? What did you expect to find on a forum for a game that is PC-exclusive?

We don't want a console version because when almost every franchise that has started out on the PC has turned to the console market, their games have been slowly, but surely, degrading in quality. A prime example of this would be the Call of Duty franchise, or Rainbow Six. With BIS' games being such great PC-exclusives that show exactly why PCs are better, we don't want them switching to consoles and losing what truly makes their games great.

That's something which you can't seem to understand, but then again, you are a console player who's preferred form of gaming is only expanding. Ours is shrinking fast. That's what makes everyone pissed off at comments you make on this forum (you probably chose the worst one to do this in, as well).

I guess you only read what you want to see. I AM A BIG FAN OF OFP and played it for years on the PC 2001-2005. When OFP ELITE was made for the old xbox and I switch over for many reasons. Yes, I did not have the great mod's to play with but guess what the game played the same way and the controls worked fine. My life got a little more complicated and the console was just easy to play. I am a big fan of BOHEMIA I have no clue what you are saying with your statement with the crap about.

For all the PC Elitists; you ever stop to think that Bohemia producing a console version would benefit everybody in the long-run (more profits for the company)? I understand that some of the other developers have ruined the PC version of a game once they went to consoles, but Bohemia did the original OPF and then came out with the OPF: elite to follow-up with ARMA II (which everybody seems to be happy with at the moment). Us console players understand that the full ARMA game can't be ported....but a watered down version would still be very much enjoyable since there aren't many milsims on the consoles at the moment.

is there any offical word on 360 version sorry but someone i know says there was some offical response saying there was.

is there any offical word on 360 version sorry but someone i know says there was some offical response saying there was.
No there is not, and thus there is nothing really to discuss here.

No there is not, and thus there is nothing really to discuss here.
No, but we can speculate (and pc gamers can rant if they want) because BIS didn't deny the possiblity.

A simple official 'No we wont do a console version' from BIS would be sufficient to terminate this thread. Facts are that BIS didn't put out this msg (yet) ... so console ppl are very much in the clear to speculate whatever they want.

Bohemia should just port OFP to the 360. Xbox should could run that!

If only it were that simple. It's a complicated process getting a game published and approved for a console, probably involving large sums of money paid upfront too. No sane publisher would publish OFP1 type and quality game for Xbox 360 these days so BIS themselves would have to take the monetary risk.

On the PC, literally anyone can develop a game and sell it, no need to get it approved by Microsoft, no cuts or licences to pay but the income tax, no nothing. That's another reason why the really hardcore/niche games and simulators are exclusive to the PC.

I think you are wasting your time waiting for the console version of Arma2 or even OA. If a BIS console game ever sees the light of day, changes are it will be not be Arma at all but some more "profitable" kind of game.

If only it were that simple. It's a complicated process getting a game published and approved for a console, probably involving large sums of money paid upfront too. No sane publisher would publish OFP1 type and quality game for Xbox 360 these days so BIS themselves would have to take the monetary risk.

On the PC, literally anyone can develop a game and sell it, no need to get it approved by Microsoft, no cuts or licences to pay but the income tax, no nothing. That's another reason why the really hardcore/niche games and simulators are exclusive to the PC.

I think you are wasting your time waiting for the console version of Arma2 or even OA. If a BIS console game ever sees the light of day, changes are it will be not be Arma at all but some more "profitable" kind of game.

We know this but even a water down version would be better then COD/BF games. OFPDR would be a good game if codemasters fixed all the issues like BI does after release as well give us a simple mission editor. You have to understand somebody who does not have food will eat trash from a can because it's still food. If you don't have to eat trash why do you care what we eat. I know you don't want to eat trash. That will never happen with BOHEMIA so relax. If BOHEMAI can make a console game and it turnsout good for US then YOU will just get better food to eat with all the money BOHEMIA will have. How can you not see that. It's a win win for all.

AVIBIRD, I appreciate your passion for wanting this to be made on the XBOX 360, and accessible to more people. It is your desire and that's ok.

That being said, I also think most (not all, just most) of your points are just cut and paste jobs from other sources and/or just plain nonsense. And this video makes me think of you in a fond way...

pl8dqDdmp2I

No offense meant, and good luck in your crusade... I don't think you are going to give up for awhile.

I hope I didn't just break too many rules... sorry mods. :rolleyes:

AVIBIRD, I appreciate your passion for wanting this to be made on the XBOX 360, and accessible to more people. It is your desire and that's ok.

That being said, I also think most (not all, just most) of your points are just cut and paste jobs from other sources and/or just plain nonsense. And this video makes me think of you in a fond way...

pl8dqDdmp2I

No offense meant, and good luck in your crusade... I don't think you are going to give up for awhile.

I hope I didn't just break too many rules... sorry mods. :rolleyes:

very funny, I love it. I will never give up until I get a PM from my friends at BOHEMIA telling me it's a no go OR BOHEMIA makes a statement.

I am most likely the only person with a few old friends in the world that still play the ELITE on line how sad is that.

Don't worry, i play other (console) games. Like now BFBC2 demo on 360. MassEffect2 on hold, it is SP after all, with Bioshock2 coming up too ... so, no, i do not have any trouble finding something to play, even on 360.

But in my non-gaming time i like to surf the net and chatter about certain games. ArmA2 on 360 is one of those things. Like the weather, you can't do sh*t about it but everbody is talking:)

Of course you could also just use a wireless Xbox360 controller on your PC but that would somewhat beat the purpose, like putting training wheels to a 1000cc MotoGP bike.

I think you might as well give up gaming if your coordination is too atrocious to work analogs. I agree that Dpads are inferior to WASD, but the left analog for movement is superior to the Kb. The mouse beats out the right analog for fluidity, but again the difference only matters for long range shots, unless you have the dexterity of a feeble nematode in which case any analog usage looks laughable. It's amusing to see the guys who rag on console controllers only to get trounced by people who use them in competitions. If you're an 'average joe' gamer then stop talking about which setup is the best. If you've played at a competitive level then you've got the credibility to talk on the matter, but most of those players kick butt regardless of the input they use.

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Bravo Pulverizer, you just became my new best friend.

Sorry for the ad hominen, but I don't think anyone takes seriously a man with an anime character as his avatar.

Edited by Buzzin Fr0g

I think you might as well give up gaming if your coordination is too atrocious to work analogs. I agree that Dpads are inferior to WASD, but the left analog for movement is superior to the Kb. The mouse beats out the right analog for fluidity, but again the difference only matters for long range shots, unless you have the dexterity of a feeble nematode in which case any analog usage looks laughable.

FYI, I use a variety of analogue controllers: Saitek P990 pad with two analogue sticks, TrackIR 4, Microsoft Sidewinder Forcefeedback 2 stick, Saitek X52 pro stick+throttle, Saitek AV8R stick, Logitech G25 wheel/pedals...

It's just that I think playing Arma2 solely on a gamepad would pretty much kill the game experience. It's clumsy and difficult enough to work around the quirks of the controls without having to use some awkward little sticks for aiming, commanding troops, messing with the gear and various UI elements etc.

It's amusing to see the guys who rag on console controllers only to get trounced by people who use them in competitions. If you're an 'average joe' gamer then stop talking about which setup is the best. If you've played at a competitive level then you've got the credibility to talk on the matter, but most of those players kick butt regardless of the input they use.

Is that a challenge? I gladly accept. You play with the Xbox 360 pad, I'll take my kb+m. Pick any recent PC FPS you like, preferably something fast like Quake 3 Live and I will fucking rape you :D

Sorry for the ad hominen, but I don't think anyone takes seriously a man with an anime character as his avatar.

What does someones avatar have to do with anything?

I thought forums were for discussing topics with other users, not commenting on who has the best or worst profile picture.

Is that a challenge? I gladly accept. You play with the Xbox 360 pad, I'll take my kb+m. Pick any recent PC FPS you like, preferably something fast like Quake 3 Live and I will fucking rape you :D
That is one of the things i like about consoles (360 for me) cause everybody has the same input devices, the splendid 360 controller, and thus everybody is equal and thus we NEVER have to discuss this, and therefor it is ONLY the game under hand that matters. Everybody's equal, no cheating (except for 'bug' in the game, up to dev to repair) and gaming is 100% ... that is just damn relaxing, to know that you don't have to worry if your setup is better/worse than the guys next door:)

To be raped by someone who is actually BETTER at the game? Np ... but to be raped cause that guys has 'better input devices/more expensive rig' ... how weak.