Sign in to follow this  
avibird 1

ArmA2 - The Xbox 360 thread

Helios plays DR on PC (becuz consols suckz0r for tacticool games lol) and I doubt Placebo plays Arma2 at all :D

Edited by Pulverizer

Helios plays DR on PC (becuz consols suckz0r for tacticool games lol) and I doubt Placebo plays Arma2 at all :D

hahaha, youve never played DR on PC then Have you, its A PIECE OF :404: :computer:

Placebo stated many times he would like to see and play ARMA GAME on a 360. Go look at your facts before you call someone out. Helios is telling console players to buy and support a game he does not play. Then he should move to the PC section and not the console section of the forum if he feels that.

whats going on with ARMA 2 on the 360 then? its been about four and a half years since I last posted so im just slightly out of the loop with how its going, i haven't heard anything about it theres just no info about it out there.

Due to CM lack of responsiveness i can see OFPDR falling by the way side but at the same time has stoked an interest in realistic tactical shooters on consoles - maybe a better time for arma to come in on the market? if they plan to at all anymore? could anyone update me? :)

Thankfully, BIS games have always been PC first, console second. It is unknown whether or not BIS are making a console version of either ArmA II or OA, and I find it highly unlikely that they will be released given the lack of a market on the consoles for such games. As found with Dragon Rising, most of them would rather play MW2 or BFBC2, and went on to do so when it went down the toilet. I doubt you'll see any news about ArmA II or OA coming to the consoles until it's long after they've been released for the PC.

One thing is for certain, however. You will always get BIS' games on the PC. :D

Since release I don't think there have been any screenshots of ArmA2 with an Xbox interface has there? It's a shame, and I truely hope ArmA2 will come to the Xbox - my little laptop appears to go into melt down rather than attempt to tackle the monster that is ArmA2, so an Xbox release would allow me to play the game with out having to pay many £££ for a new computer. Elite was a great game, harder to play with the controller than with a keyboard and mouse, but still brilliant and much fun. But I don't think the Xbox360 would be capable of sustaining ArmA2 or OA, although personally I wouldn't care if they had to resort to Resistance-era vegetation and tone down other graphics. But I can only presume the costs of doing such an overhaul would outweigh the benefits of more sales. Such a shame.

End of my ramble.

Thankfully, BIS games have always been PC first, console second. It is unknown whether or not BIS are making a console version of either ArmA II or OA, and I find it highly unlikely that they will be released given the lack of a market on the consoles for such games. As found with Dragon Rising, most of them would rather play MW2 or BFBC2, and went on to do so when it went down the toilet. I doubt you'll see any news about ArmA II or OA coming to the consoles until it's long after they've been released for the PC.

One thing is for certain, however. You will always get BIS' games on the PC. :D

To grab console gamers by the throat you have to make sure you check all the right bullet points.

Action, gfx, working online, options, story/gameplay.

Yeah we are simple but we like to get things which work out-of-the-box ... DR esp. on console is half-finished (no editor, no possibility to dl pc missions, broken online, not enough options like weapon loadout etc) so Yes, most dropped it real soon, even before MW2 arrived.

MW2 just works (it is arcade, but hey that can be fun too) and i expect BFBC2 to be incredible (gfx, audio and gameplay wise, although be it on the action/arcade side but less than MW2)

And Arma2/OA ... well until now it is just vapourware on console. Argueing Arma2 is better than MW2/BFBC2 is just nonsensical when regarding consoles. MW2/BFBC2 is what we've got right now (that can be different from what i would like to see on consoles) and thats what i'm playing right now. No crying for what might come and no f***g crying from what was (if CM/BIS were real serious way back we could have had a OFP/360 a long long time ago ... but no, a split up ended that possibility ... maybe even it was the reason for splitup idk)

I'd say let OA come forward and show what it is on consoles (or else just forget the whole idea and shut up)

Placebo stated many times he would like to see and play ARMA GAME on a 360. Go look at your facts before you call someone out. Helios is telling console players to buy and support a game he does not play. Then he should move to the PC section and not the console section of the forum if he feels that.

Yeah, I'm calling you out for being so childish and a hypocrite, not Placebo for not playing A2.

You antagonize one game's forum mod for not playing the game, but not the other. Who cares what Helios or Placebo play anyway, it's not like they're married to the games.

Secondly, you're usually the first one to cry foul when someone posts anything off-topic in this thread, yet see nothing wrong doing it yourself.

Edited by Pulverizer

If it helps clear things up, at present I am mostly to be found playing Fifa 10 and Assassin's Creed 2 on 360 (my gamertag Placebo PRS will attest to this!), I haven't hidden from the fact that primarily these days I am a 360 gamer, I do however own about 6 versions of ArmA2 right now, 4 bought and 2 work perks, I have also bought 2 copies for friends in Croatia, so there ;)

http://www.gamestar.de/index.cfm?pid=452&pk=12176

http://www.gamestar.de/index.cfm?pid=452&pk=12150

I think it was these two links that confused me, they show 360 buttons but thats about it... not exactly definitive proof, maybe someone could clear this up?

Im not getting into a console vs PC argument its still all the same shit year after year and it goes nowhere you may as well argue about religion!, if you dont like consoles don't go into the 360 thread, im not going to go into the PC thread and starting consoles are better than PCs - I have better things to do!

When you plug a 360 controller into your PC you get the 360 buttons showing on screen :)

When you plug a 360 controller into your PC you get the 360 buttons showing on screen :)

Ah okay... Fiddlesticks

If it helps clear things up, at present I am mostly to be found playing Fifa 10 and Assassin's Creed 2 on 360 (my gamertag Placebo PRS will attest to this!), I haven't hidden from the fact that primarily these days I am a 360 gamer, I do however own about 6 versions of ArmA2 right now, 4 bought and 2 work perks, I have also bought 2 copies for friends in Croatia, so there ;)

Hey, Placebo thank you for the statement to show some of the boneheads on this forum that I only state facts and do not make up crap just to talk. I know you can't say anything about the current console progress or BOHEMIA plans. I don't agree with it but that's life. I just hope we hear soon if it's a go or not. For console players who want to play a BOHEMIA game the ELITE is still great and better then all the other FPS on the market for the 360. It's not BC so you need to get an old BOX to play.

PS. If somebody is selling or pushing something they should believe in the product.:cool:

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

Wow can this be for real! Under development by Bohemia Interactive (Operation Flashpoint, ArmA Armed Assault, ArmA 2) and Black Element Software (Shade: Wrath of Angels, Alpha Prime, ArmA Queen's Gambit), Carrier Command: Gaea Mission will be unleashed on PC and Next Gen Consoles.

Estimated release date: Spring 2010. Go see for yourself. www.carriercommand.com

Now for all you PC boys that like to read and come to the console thread and talk crap. The fact is consoles will be the future of the gaming world and most developers know this and are planning for this. Maybe we will not see ARMA2 or ARROWHEAD on the current systems but you can't argue with the next Gen Consoles. We will see BOHEMIA games in fact maybe then a port of ARMA games.

There is a little rumor that BOHEMIA let out a while back that ARMA2 would be the last game in the line for a bit and they would be working on the next game which is Carrier Command. This Information was let out before the release of ARMA2. So when ARROWHEAD was confirmed I was a little confused. We all know ARMA2 was missing some elements that BOHEMIA wanted to put into the game and maybe ARROWHEAD was a way of giving the community some of the elements before they moved on to the next game and put some focus on the console games/market.

The bottom line WE WILL SEE A BOHEMIA GAME ON A CONSOLE SYSTEM AGAIN, maybe not the 360 but the next MS box and maybe the PS3 if they can find a way to tap into the real potential of the PS3.

Edited by AVIBIRD 1

Now for all you PC boys that like to read and come to the console thread and talk crap. The fact is consoles will be the future of the gaming world and most developers know this and are planning for this. Maybe we will not see ARMA2 or ARROWHEAD on the current systems but you can't argue with the next Gen Consoles. We will see BOHEMIA games in fact maybe then a port of ARMA games.

YOU are the one constantly saying ArmA 2/OA would come on Xbox360 while other people have doubted it would be able to run properly on it ;)

YOU are the one constantly saying ArmA 2/OA would come on Xbox360 while other people have doubted it would be able to run properly on it ;)

I was just thinking if that was the same as , can a games company allocate the correct resourses ( calculations) to the correct processes at the correct timing to give better effect ... ? if that makes sense ....or are we advanced enough to prove the doubters wrong ..doers and the doubters = makers and the users ..:)

bla bla bla

maybe not the 360 but the next MS box

The next MS box is probably years away, MS made it pretty clear that the 360 hasn't seen half of its lifetime.

Grim

Lol, i check you out:) http://live.xbox.com/en-US/profile/profile.aspx?GamerTag=Placebo%20PRS (No DR, no MW2 lol, but hey do check BFBC2 when it comes out in march ... just for the fun of total destruction and awesome sound)

Of course I will, my wife's working on it ;)

The fact is consoles will be the future of the gaming world
Wasn't that what they said with previous consoles? Consoles still seem to be behind, with PC having way more games and far better technology. :j: PC will always be ahead of consoles, it's always been this way and always will.

Wasn't that what they said with previous consoles? Consoles still seem to be behind, with PC having way more games and far better technology. :j: PC will always be ahead of consoles, it's always been this way and always will.

Very ture but money = consoles + developers. You do the math my friend.

The fact is, pc's are made for games( and a lot of other things) while games are made for consoles , ...think about it for a while ,

Just to add , todays pc game sales will not be more than todays console game sales , so for today lets say console are in the lead , also a pc can not be ahead of anything with a person who doesn't use one , which = a person who uses a pc will see more value from a pc than a console depending on what they are using it for (games i guess) which also works both ways ..

Fact number 2 / what we are really talking about that a console is behind in the terms of not having arma2 being able to be played on console ,

and thats how we measure console v pc in this case , and lets not say the pc has far more games , lets count the games between pc and console for the last 5 years , measured statistically and you will find your answer again .(do you think anyone cares about donkey kong anymore ) ?

Edited by cnickcj

pc = you need more RAM (gamer runs to shop)

console = you need to optimize (dev goes back to work)

All big companies now focus their main development for the consoles. Just look at MW2 for instance. Consoles means less piracy, a bigger market than before, larger margins and the same HW for all users. It's simply more profitable to make games for consoles than the PC.

That being said, I hate playing FPS games on the PS3.

Very ture but money = consoles + developers. You do the math my friend.

That's simplistic. Gaming isn't just about big money, and there are loads of smaller developers making great PC only games. Console's will never appeal to smaller teams like the PC does as they are such closed systems. No license fee's, no stringent Microsoft policy to follow. Places like Steam (love it or hate it) allow games like Killing Floor, The Path, and Zeno Clash etc to flourish and become extremely successful for their makers. Only after the PC do games like this get a look in at a console release.

Then there are the genres that just don't work on console. RTS, MMO, Turn based strategy games, sims (not "the sims" lol) sell like shit on console whenever they come out. There are still plenty of high quality releases on PC in these genres, and unless console start to come packed with a keyboard and mouse, they will always be a part of PC gaming.

Big name titles have given over to a console focus, but the smaller games the games which innovate, as no big companies have any balls these days to try anything different, are where PC really kicks the console's arse. I would much rather be playing Kings Bounty, or some other Eastern European/Russian gem then yet another generic Call of Duty shit-fest.