Sign in to follow this  
avibird 1

ArmA2 - The Xbox 360 thread

I thought as much, but you never know, maybe it's just in the hands of the backwards compatibility team. I ain't a hater, I just have my doubts. It's a big risk, with the last port BI was still with CM if I am not mistaken, I think the risk will be much bigger now if they put resources in making a port, but I don't really know how it works at their current publisher so I can only guess.

I think that most ArmA players that can play it on their pc's, would rather have BI concentrate their efforts on that. It's quite logical if you look at it from that perspective, I rather play it on a PC than on a console if I had the choice. And another thing is the rise of all the console ports on the pc, just look at the attention ArmA got out of Dragon Rising, there are still a lot PC gamers that are looking for true PC games. The decline in the PC market can work in favour for companies that concentrate on PC games.

The console market was there but CODEMASTERS F it up with a half done game and the little trick to take out the mission editor to make a fast buck

from us.

BOHEMIA is working on it right now I know this for a fact. I can not tell you how I know this and who told me the information but if you do a little search you can find out. Can they get it to work the way MS wants it to run and how much will they have to cut down only time will tell. PC players do not have to worry BOHEMIA will never make the same mistakes that codemasters did by trying to make a game that targets to many gamers. BOHEMIA will keep the gameplay core the same as they have with OFP1, OFP expansions, OFP ELITE, ARMA1, ARMA1 expansion, ARMA2 and now with ARROWHEAD.

imo the 360 is a waste of time, its getting out dated, how many years old now!? falling behind the eightball of technology or not! :confused:

Trying to put such a huge game onto xbox would be a waste of time (with the current xbox anyway.. wheres xbox 2?) it would be like ramming an elephant into a mini :rolleyes:

Plus what about the keys, a2 uses every bloody key on the board (ah research; xbox can hav KB!)

After seeing how pathetic & dull ofp dr looks on console (no doubt cos of performance lacking), i can only imagine a2 will look much worse, and the amount of effort that would go into it would be a waste of time financially.

This game needs a far superior console to run it, cutting it down to size just wont be as epic! but @ the end of the day its not my decision :p

BOHEMIA is working on it right now I know this for a fact. bla bla blal

Link or your making it up. Or to be nicer show me some hints...

imo the 360 is a waste of time, its getting out dated, how many years old now!? falling behind the eightball of technology or not! :confused:

:p

if the xbox is a waste of time why do some many ppl play it ?

Well if pc gamers don't want bohemia to make arma2 for console make your point known , i think most of you are really stupid to say such a thing ,

The question i have is why ? why shouldn't some other ppl who can not afford a great pc not be able to play this game on a console ?

arma2 didn't even sell well on pc .

when the next gen of console is released and the next gen of games are also released then what will ppl say ? console will never fade away , because sales from consoles make ££$$$ , i heard the ps4 will be download only , maybe ppl will find a way to copy some how these download only games but more companys will start making games for consoles .

OFPDR may not be the game but the game is half the game that ppl wanted , be careful what you wish for , as i can see them releasing the editor in the future for the console , maybe they are giving bohemia a chance to release there game with a editor before codies does..

But i guess the pc will never die , and also games for the pc will always be made , because they need you to buy more memory , processes , graphics , etc etc , keep updating its your choice , i have had my console for a couple years and i think i have brought a new headset because my last one broke ,

my console is just to past the time , i use my pc for reading emails skype etc because i don't have a gaming pc , i don't even have time for a pc , update , defrag , config sys , etc etc , their are many ppl in the same situation , its not that i can't afford a gaming pc , but if i was to buy a gaming pc i would want it to be the fastest as i could make it , i notice a few years back when i did have one , the faster my pc was the most kills etc etc i would get , with my xbox i am the same as everybody else , this is one of the main reason i am sticking with a xbox and will buy the new one when it is release ,

and hopefully the next console i buy will last me for atleast 5 years ( also when my friends come round we can play up to 4 ppl on some games )...

I didn't read what i wrote so if anything doesn't make sense , just put it down to me being a console gamer ..:-):)

haha , good question . we will see what happens then ..

also if this game not going to be released for the xbox 360 then can a mod delate this tread because it is starting to be become a waste of time and not relevant ...

Edited by cnickcj

You are a funny guy. You know I said I can't tell you who is giving me the information from them because he told me to keep it to myself but you are calling me out and I hate that because I do not make things up just to talk crap. I am here trying to build a community for the console.

Like I said bohemia is still working on it. They have made some progress in the last few months with the main issues go read some of my posts on this thread and you will know what I am talking about. I will give you a little hint without using names or giving you the information I have. Friends list. please do not get this line of information closed by being a jackass. Just take the hint and when I get more and Bohemia is ready they will tell us.

The main reasons is they do not want to say it will happen until its 100% going to work and pass all of MS tests and rules try to understand. have a nice day.

Hi, long time lurker first time poster.

Ever since I tried to play ArmA on my old yet faithful PC, I've wanted a game like it on XBox 360. The run-and-gun style of play is fun but it's boring; it's the skeleton of pretty much every XBox 360 FPS. When OFPDR was announced for the console I was happy since my wish seemed to come true. But it didn't. Eight years of development and only eleven missions? No mission editor (Far Cry 2 has an excellent one. My only gripe is that you can't make single player missions). I only got half a game. The only consolation is I paid $70 AUD buying it from the UK instead the usual $120 AUD in Australia. I'm presently toying with the idea of selling it.

I'm tired of all the PC fanboys. They seem to have a juvenile sense of superiority just because they own PC. If you use that to feel better about yourself, you need to get outdoors more. Granted you have the ability to readily upgrade but I prefer consoles since the games are made to run on the specs of the machine. I don't have to spend money upgrading. PC and console is just a matter of preference and or money.

To BIS, I hope this thread lets you know there are plenty of console owners who really want to play your games. You just have to look on the CM forums not to mention those who haven't spoken up. If you can produce a game that's everything or (most things) OFPDR isn't the console market is yours.

I'm pretty sure they could port it to the XBOX 360 if they wanted to, but how much are you expecting it to be the same as the PC ? This is a combat simulator, not a whack a mole shooter. But lets say they did port it, not only will you be losing the modding capabilities which pretty much makes the Arma series what it is today; but youll also be crippling the entire game while doing it, not to mention aiming on a gamepad, commanding, porting the numerous controls to fit on a gamepad... If Arma was ever ported to the XBOX 360 or other consoles it would be Arma in name only, but hey if you like it then more power to you.

Edited by Tork64

I'm pretty sure they could port it to the XBOX 360 if they wanted to, but how much are you expecting it to be the same as the PC ? This is a combat simulator, not a whack a mole shooter. But lets say they did port it, not only will you be losing the modding capabilities which pretty much makes the Arma series what it is today; but youll also be crippling the entire game while doing it, not to mention aiming on a gamepad, commanding, porting the numerous controls to fit on a gamepad... If Arma was ever ported to the XBOX 360 or other consoles it would be Arma in name only, but hey if you like it then more power to you.

Here we go again. OFP1 and OFP ELITE had almost the same gameplay minus some hotkeys and MOD's and yes MOD are great but it also lets some players cheat a lot more lets not get into the whole PC vc console thing. Go back to the 100 pc posts and stay out of the one and only console post. We don't want to hear it.

What do you own?

if the xbox is a waste of time why do some many ppl play it ? ...

Fyi so do i, (and i was only reffering to A2 on 360) , i play the 360 for a quik bang, that is all, A2 i play on PC cause its an epic huge game. And after seeing Far Cry, OFP DR & just having read about COD modern 2 it is becoming limited as to what it can handle these days. If u want to play A2 for all its worth then imo play it on PC, you wont get the beauty of A2 into a tiny old box brother :cool:

Also just read that microsft banned over 1 million users on xbox live! its an overly policed & priced console & an absolute ripp off to purchase anything online (stuff created by users, microsoft will charge u for it, this is why "LIVE" is a joke, and why i have returned to the PC for the beauty of epic sandboxness!). So even if it was put on xbox, the money hungry buggers will charge you for mods that are free for the PC, if they were to be available. So why would you want to try justify paying dollars for something inferior!

OFPDR may not be the game but the game is half the game that ppl wanted , be careful what you wish for , as i can see them releasing the editor in the future for the console , maybe they are giving bohemia a chance to release there game with a editor before codies does..
OK!

lol how much micro bucks will that cost??

Anyway good luck, if thats what your after :)

Dont let your dreams exceed your capabilities

Edited by viibez
poppies

Also just read that microsft banned over 1 million users on xbox live!

Dont let your dreams exceed your capabilities

1 million ppl got banned for moded xboxs , makes sense to me ..

Dont let your dreams exceed your capabilities?????? .. haha dreams are what most things are made of , i can bet you OFP and vbs started off as somebodys dream and bohemia were capable of making this dream come true ....BTW just to let you know, ideas makes the world go round not money ....

lol how much micro bucks will that cost??
not as much as upgrading my PC , lol....

This is like saying , a person drives a car to work and he asks another person he knows , why do you ride a bike to work , and this person says , i ride a bike to work because i like riding my bike , its gets me to work and i get paid at the end of the week , just the same as you, i mean what is the real differences , i think its only a matter of choice , and it doean't mean another person will not enjoy their choice more than you enjoy yours ..

Edited by cnickcj

and yes MOD are great but it also lets some players cheat a lot more lets not get into the whole PC vc console thing.

That would be like the worst argument ever for doing a console port :eek:

+1 AVIBIRD 1

All you PC users have the worst argument ever as to why BIS shouldn't make games for the consoles. Why shouldn't they? It doesn't have to be a direct port to the consoles. If BIS made a separate ARMA game for the 360/ps3 wouldn't that make the situation better for all (more profits=more technology, more tech=better p.c. games)? I say go for it BIS, bring it to the consoles. We need the competition to go against cm. More power to you BIS!!!!

If it was ported to 360 I think it would be a Big Hit, seeing how alot of people are disappointed with OFP:DR and Modern Warfare 2 at the moment.

If BIS made the netcode better, had solid controls/ solid frame rates, maybe a few mods put into the game and alot of Multiplayer content and options/customization, it would be a shitload of sales, I would buy it to so i can play it when im not with my PC.

The argument of PC boys is flawed.

1. If you want to play ArmA2, buy a pc

I would think the better argument is

2. If you want to sell more Arma2, make it run on 360

I know perfectly well i can buy a pc to play ArmA2. Problem for me is that my old pc (P4, agp, XP) does EVERYTHING i need, with one exception, it doesn't do ArmA2

When i add up the cost of a pc i would like to own i'm over 1000 Euro's down (i5, ati 5850, W7, etc). So basically ArmA2/pc becomes a 1000 Euro game. that is a bit too much don't you agree?

So for me, and many others it is better that BIS comes to us 360 i.s.o. we going pc.

You said yourself your PC is old. With what you spec'ed out is pretty high up, so you're spending more than you need if all you wanted to do was get ArmA 2 running. You could probably get away spending around half that for a halfway decent PC that plays the game just fine.

Not that I'm against it coming to the 360, but the "My PC is weak" argument doesn't really hold up.

The argument of PC boys is flawed.

1. If you want to play ArmA2, buy a pc

I would think the better argument is

2. If you want to sell more Arma2, make it run on 360

I know perfectly well i can buy a pc to play ArmA2. Problem for me is that my old pc (P4, agp, XP) does EVERYTHING i need, with one exception, it doesn't do ArmA2

When i add up the cost of a pc i would like to own i'm over 1000 Euro's down (i5, ati 5850, W7, etc). So basically ArmA2/pc becomes a 1000 Euro game. that is a bit too much don't you agree?

So for me, and many others it is better that BIS comes to us 360 i.s.o. we going pc.

Add all the time you need to get your PC running right to play the game as well as trying to find the right downloads to play some missions. (however I heard this get a lot better since OFP days).

The bottom line is most console players would be very help with the VANILLA GAME and would not need all the MOD's like most PC players love to play with. Just give us the basic mission editor and I will make masterpiece of missions to play for years.

GAMEPLAY is the key and the gameplay will be the same. PCBOYS don't want to share but they don't see if BOHEMIA can make more money with a console port then they will have more resources to update the game engine which will give them more of the new things they wanted in future games but if BOHEMIA never makes a new game engine it will always have limits what they can put into ARMA3,ARMA4 ARMA5 you get the point boys. It's a win win for all of us who wants to play BOHEMIA GAMES.

Edited by AVIBIRD 1

i dont think arma2 should be ported to consoles...its just too much game...another milsim by bis being made on console would be fine though...the biggest problem though is the memory 512mb isnt much...that really hurts the objects big time...engine would have to be built pretty much specifically for consoles

something needs to change though...consoles are what everything is evolving towards and console games are becoming more and more watered down...something needs to give or the future state of games as a whole will suffer from it

You said yourself your PC is old. With what you spec'ed out is pretty high up, so you're spending more than you need if all you wanted to do was get ArmA 2 running. You could probably get away spending around half that for a halfway decent PC that plays the game just fine.

Not that I'm against it coming to the 360, but the "My PC is weak" argument doesn't really hold up.

I know what you are saying, but a pc is a balance thing. If i go i5 + 5850, the rest has to follow and you'd be surprised how it adds up if you go from scratch (if you include new case, silent stuff, power, W7, etc.).

Anyway, BIS is key, and they can't use the sales argument that 360 gamers should buy a dedi pc to enjoy Arma2. So they should let go of consoles or bring it to console. It is up to BIS. If they want to sell it to a possible console only audiences they have to port it over (in some 'lite' form). If that isn't possible, well end of story.

(but give it a year, well my 1000 Euro's spec comp might be obtainable for a mere 500 Euro's + ArmA2 would be even patched up further, so i could rethink the 'buy pc' thing)

I went on the CM forums and a lot of people are pissed. Time to step up BIS and take this market. To all you PC fanboys, if BIS wanted/s to bring an ArmA 2 style game to console, they'll find a way. It's not up to you to decide. @ AVIBIRD 1, I like what you're doing but...

Link or your making it up.

Posted here http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=69893&page=113

If it was ported to 360 I think it would be a Big Hit, seeing how alot of people are disappointed with OFP:DR and Modern Warfare 2 at the moment.

If BIS made the netcode better, had solid controls/ solid frame rates, maybe a few mods put into the game and alot of Multiplayer content and options/customization, it would be a shitload of sales, I would buy it to so i can play it when im not with my PC.

I thought the only people that were not happy with MW2 were the PC players!

Everybody i have ran into online (and stabbed in the face) on the x360 version has loved the game to be honest.

Way back in the early days of this thread i do belive that i posted something along the lines of

" this game in its current form would crash and burn on the 360"

and i still feel the same today.

You get games nowadays that will not even run at full 720 screen res on the 360, they chop the res down a little to gain FPS

The system will be around for a few years more, but i suspect we have pretty much seen what it can do now, and the wow factor from each new release will not be quite so impressive.

I suspect the ps3 still has some hidden talents that we have not seen, the graphics seams to still be improving on that machine.

FWIW i game on both my PC and my 360

Which do i prefer? different formats for differet types of games, i have bought a few identical games for both formats!

The bottom line is most console players would be very help with the VANILLA GAME and would not need all the MOD's like most PC players love to play with. Just give us the basic mission editor and I will make masterpiece of missions to play for years.

Yeah, I cannot wait until you make some missions. You cannot even construct an intelligent sentence without a major flaw. It is not just a spelling mistake or typo, the things you screw up are the basic concepts of the English language. I wonder if you realize that such specific inability is quite damaging in any attempt to follow the syntax for scripting. Oh wait, this master of mission making won't even be able to script. Compared to some of the great work of current mission makers, your masterpiece will just be a "piece".

You people just buy into his crap don't you? He is not an adult, he is a sixteen year old drop-out who makes claims that the console version is closer than it was months ago. This entire thread has nothing to do with PC vs. console. I clearly stated long ago that a console version simply means more money for Bohemia, should it be successfully built. Yet, this child does little more than lump me into the "I fear my game being ruined by console" crowd. Few here have any idea about modding, scripting, or anything on the computer beyond this forum and Twitter. However, I read post after post claiming your genius knowledge about both the gaming market (PC and console) and the console's abilities.

Here are the real facts, for those of you who missed the intelligent and well constructed debate from far earlier in this thread. Arma 2 cannot be run on any current console in its present state. Arma 2 can be simplified, graphics wise, to make it console capable (mostly a shader change, maybe a loss of resolution, and a huge hit on draw distance). OA is far more likely to make it to the 360 than original Arma 2 for a number of reasons (grass vs. sand, hopefully less buggy campaign, etc). In fact, Bohemia gave a slight hint during a demo of OA by having two developer kit 360s within plain view (not on). The control scheme can be done, as it was done in Elite. An editor can be done, but with limited capability. The console version of Arma 2 is virtually non-existent at this time. Any "test" variant of the game built for consoles could only be very alpha version, as it is clear Bohemia abandoned a console release at any time close to the PC release early on (lack of any info on a console version from announcement to now). A PS3 release is far less likely than a 360 release, as there have been zero hints from Bohemia to show a PS3 variant was ever in the works. The likely release schedule of either an OA or original Arma 2 release is no sooner than summer 2010, and more likely late 2010 or 2011 (if at all). Finally, a console release is very unlikely to affect the PC version as Bohemia clearly desires to release and patch on PC prior to major development of a console version.

That is the extent of the news and knowledge on this entire topic, and it was all stated long before. AVBIRD and other members have done nothing but spread flat out lies about the future of a console version and inspired the same PC vs. console fight that we have all seen before. This thread is not yours, PC players can come here all they wish, lying to gain support is wrong, and the discussion about the cost or difficulty of using a PC for Arma 2 is totally irrelevant. For those rare members actually disproving the "console players are stupid" stereotype, I feel bad that your peers work so hard against you.

Edited by manberries

do console owners think that Arma will be joyfull and easy to play when you have much less keys on console than usual keyboard (+shift, ctrl,etc....), or than we will see a lot of claims that something happened during gameplay, cause "i had to choose options for a minute and enemy killed me"

do you think engine of console (hardware) can hold the same details as new PC ?

you cannot put whole house furniture into small car , can't you ?

and tell me, what will be taste of this game without addons, mods, islands, custom missions ? it is main reason to play it - community made stuff and customization to use any army or any era you want

Edited by vilas

Don't leak private messages into public, AVIBIRD 1. The person even asked you not to do so. I have removed the message from this thread and any replies to it.

Everyone, please cool it down. No need to fight. There's still no official, confirmed info whether BIS will be releasing a Xbox 360 port of Arma 2. Period.

Edited by Rellikki