Sign in to follow this  
avibird 1

ArmA2 - The Xbox 360 thread

I think most of the PC users in this thread are confused.

Just because codemasters has no talent in their studio to make a realistic war game is not the consoles fault. Its the fault of the developer who honestly thinks console gamers cant handle anything complicated.

BIS proved that operation flashpoint can be done on consoles , even if it was just a bit limited , it was a great first start and it could easily be done again for arma 2

They could even encorperate natal support as a subsitute for track IR.

PC gamers should not be worried about a console release of thier game , it wont hurt the pc version in any way. If anything it will make bohemia more money to make arma 3 the most amazing game ever created.

^ *ding*. Point for you.

When i read some post i feel sick , its like a person saying don't give a hungry person bread , , please you own a PC not a games company and maybe a brain of a pee , ..

I've got some news for you.

I own all three current gen consoles aqnd do most of my gaming on them. My PC is only of ArmA 2, DCS Black Shark and some MMOs.

I also have dev kit with oversized HD and more memory than regular xbox (to hold debug information and what not) on my desk at work (latest dev kit has shiny bluish HD and dvd cover and these are quite rare). I know what is needed to get a game certified for release on xbox and budgets involved in making AAA games.

Considering hardcore nature of ArmA 2 and average xbox demogrpahics (and in consequence, sales not guaranteed), that would be very risky project.

Very stripped down version at most, if very, very lucky.

Edited by acidd

Yes, PC on arma 2 was BIS's bread and butter. Reasoning. BIA makes VBS, BIS only makes the Arma series. The game was designed for PC, and based around the PC market. Enjoy that laugh of yours.

Also, I really don't get your logic behind attacking me by countering a question or statement that I never made. I never made any mention regarding whether or not Arma 2 for the PC can fit within a 360 with its entirety. Since you brought it up, no it cannot. It can fit quite a bit, but there would have to be some amount of toned down graphics (which isn't a serious issue). I believe with enough work it could be transferred to 360 with nearly all the functionality of the PC version (especially OA as the map size is smaller). Of course, this is up to BIS to decide what stays and what goes to make it work.

You enjoying OFPDR does not make it a success. People claim "it is all they have", which is true, but frankly that affront to all that is realism hurts more than helps.

As for those telling us PC gamers to leave, no. This is not your forum, or your thread. Just because you put a console name in the title does not give you ownership of anything. This is a forum based off a game that is PC only (for now), you cannot expect to have any amount of segregation despite how you desire it. If a PC player wishes to add something, he/she can and will. Now, console hating flamebaiting is not allowed. Not because it involves console hating, but because it involves flamebating (which is not OK under any circumstance). All members of this forum can post here with any amount of frequency and degree, whilst expressing their ideas or opinions, so long as it is not extremely off topic nor against any pre-defined forum rules.

Sorry but i am laughing so loud my bgelly hurts , bread and butter , i am now really wondering how many games they sold ..

OFPDR was success for console gamers , who like to play this type of game , with there friends ..

Thanks for answering my question ...:)

I am starting to get frightened with the thought of arma2 coming to consoles,

i can see many nights spent siting playing this game till my eyes hurt , and to tell the truth if this was released for the xbox 360 , i don't think i would buy another game for a very very long time ...

Edited by cnickcj

Sorry but i am laughing so loud my bgelly hurts , bread and butter , i am now really wondering how many games they sold ..

OFPDR was success for console gamers , who like to play this type of game , with there friends ..

i can see many nights spent siting playing this game till my eyes hurt , and to tell the truth if this was released for the xbox 360 , i don't think i would buy another game for a very very long time ...

Agreed. It would take 90% of my personal time.:p

Still haven't learned the meaning of the phrase bread and butter have you? This phrase means the main stay of this company. It does not mean that compared to other games it must do well to be considered BIS's bread and butter. It only has the be the main source of product income for that company. However, to say OFPDR was a success means to say it was a success compared to other games (this is why I used the phrase bread and butter because it doesn't make such a comparison). OFPDR was not a success. Codemasters would be in a better position now if they never bothered with it. They could of just created another racing game that would of been far more successful. *sigh* Unfortunately, I don't believe your English is good enough to understand this explanation.

Had to skip to the end, is the ArmA2 360 version in the works? PLEASE

let it be true.

DR is not a bad game, just needs an editor....I cannot believe they did not put it in on the 360.

The 360 version of the game is neither confirmed coming nor confirmed canceled. BIS has given little not so hidden hints that it is still in their minds, but even if BIS fully intends to create a 360 version it would most likely be of OA and not released until late 2010 to 2011.

Still haven't learned the meaning of the phrase bread and butter have you? This phrase means the main stay of this company. It does not mean that compared to other games it must do well to be considered BIS's bread and butter. It only has the be the main source of product income for that company. However, to say OFPDR was a success means to say it was a success compared to other games (this is why I used the phrase bread and butter because it doesn't make such a comparison). OFPDR was not a success. Codemasters would be in a better position now if they never bothered with it. They could of just created another racing game that would of been far more successful. *sigh* Unfortunately, I don't believe your English is good enough to understand this explanation.

I am happy you can understand my english , and if you think that was there bread and butter so be it , i just hope it taste nice ....

And the fact is codemasters have a game they can build on , codemasters will make another racing game , i guess you should ask yourself the question , why did codemasters make ofpdr ?

The 360 version of the game is neither confirmed coming nor confirmed canceled. BIS has given little not so hidden hints that it is still in their minds, but even if BIS fully intends to create a 360 version it would most likely be of OA and not released until late 2010 to 2011.

I have one more question for you , as you seem to know alot , why did BIS call their new game OA ?

Edited by cnickcj

I assume they did because Operation Arrowhead sounds nice, and perhaps is a reference to "the tip of the spear". I cannot say for sure.

I Think what needs to be done on these forums is that the console gamers need to unite and start demanding "Specific" answers! Everyone needs to start asking Bohemia "Are you going to CONFIRM or DENY" a release on the consoles? We deserve answers at Least! If You (Bohemia) are NOT going to make a CONSOLE VERSION then tell us and then shut down these forums, I will be leaving this forum for GOOD very soon because it is a COMPLETE waste of my time to keep checking for updates on the ststus of the CONSOLE VERSION and see that there still are NONE, Time for us gamers to start demanding answers they have had ENOUGH TIME!

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

I actually have a computer that will run ARMA II just fine. I use is for business...I use a 360 for games. BI didn't have a problem porting the original OFP over to the original Xbox. It was "watered down" compared to the PC version but I still enjoyed it. I'm sure I'd enjoy a "watered down" version of ARMA II on the 360 as well.

I'd even be happy if they ported Elite over to the 360.

YES! At this point I would LOVE a suped up version of OF:ELITE on the 360That would be AWESOME, just pump the graphics up a little and make a few new missions and wha LA! It would even kick the Crap outta that STUPID other game that just came out on 360(Not even going to say the name, I'm better than that). I know where there is a copy of ELITE for xbox 1 at a gamestop here in Dallas, Im gonna go pick it up next week and relieve the greatness!

Well, I don't think that will get anyone very far. If I had to guess, BIS refuses to confirm or deny because they are not sure if they can promise a release. OA will be released and the console version will be affected by this release. If it goes well I would bet more chances of a console version, if it ends up really buggy then the chances go down. I really do feel that if Arma 2 was to make consoles that it would be OA and not the original game. This is because OA has a number of cool and flashy features added, plus it doesn't require a complete bugfix of the prior campaign. Sometimes it is better to take a fresh start. However, no amount of petitions or demands will expedite this process. I don't blame you for being a tad frustraded, but if I had a suggestion it would be to come back and check for a console affirmation after OA release.

I still play elite from time to time , and i am going to say, i like elite better than OFPDR ..

Considering hardcore nature of ArmA 2 and average xbox demogrpahics (and in consequence, sales not guaranteed), that would be very risky project.

Very stripped down version at most, if very, very lucky.

I agree. Putting Arma 2 on the console would be a HUGE undertaking. If it did make it to the console it would be a highly watered down version more than likely, something similar to what OFPDR is, which is just plain horrible on PC nor does it even deserve the title of OFP.

Well I say this because at this stage in the life of the Ps3 and the 360 it is a little too late to be still "speculating" on a new title, I mean the xbox 720 and the Ps4 are in development as we speak and when those two start the new console wars in the next couple of years you won't be able to scream loud enough to get gamers attention about a new 360 or ps3 game, they will salivating over the new platforms, If it ain't coming out very soon then I would just speculate these studios are trying to figure out if they just want to wait for the new machines. Just my guess though.

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

Here is the wiki article talking about the new consoles to be developed.

According to the site the only "confirmed" platform is the PS4, interesting though that apple and dell might be getting into the mix.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Ghym

Well I say this because at this stage in the life of the Ps3 and the 360 it is a little too late to be still "speculating" on a new title, I mean the xbox 720 and the Ps4 are in development as we speak and when those two start the new console wars in the next couple of years you won't be able to scream loud enough to get gamers attention about a new 360 or ps3 game, they will salivating over the new platforms, If it ain't coming out very soon then I would just speculate these studios are trying to figure out if they just want to wait for the new machines. Just my guess though.

And history will repeat itself, which speaks volumes.

BOHEMIA we are still hear hoping for some news. The console market could be yours just with a few words. ( We will release a game) We don't need a date just a few simple words. Now let me go back to play OFPDR and continue to dream about ARAM2 during the game how sad is that.

We won't see those systems for another three years when they will be previewed at some E3 then we have to wait another few years before they will actually get released.

BOHEMIA we are still hear hoping for some news. The console market could be yours just with a few words. ( We will release a game) We don't need a date just a few simple words. Now let me go back to play OFPDR and continue to dream about ARAM2 during the game how sad is that.

Still here hoping for a little news BOHEMIA

Were they not at one time working on it for the XBOX 360? So, I guess they it part way done and are working on it on the QT? And if they do port it what's the minimum units they (505) would have to guarantee 50,000-100,000 that could might be a point of contention.

I think there were screens a while back that showed X360 menus and buttons. It sounded like they were expecting to do a console version, but absolutely no info on it for the last 6 months.

Bohemia!!!!!!!! Please set up a mailing list or something that will notify us if you announce a console version so we don't have to keep checking this forum for no news.

Thanks.

PS, the game looks great, but I don't have a PC to run it. help a brother out.

Were they not at one time working on it for the XBOX 360? So, I guess they it part way done and are working on it on the QT? And if they do port it what's the minimum units they (505) would have to guarantee 50,000-100,000 that could might be a point of contention.

after taking a look at OFPDR i am sure arma2 (OA) will sell more than 250,000 copies on the xbox 360 , which is a easy target to reach as long as the game is made right ..

250.000 would be the minimum it would sell only because , more ppl would be able to play together in coop missions , a whole island to fight or play in , the game should not be about graphics but gameplay ...i am sure they can make something for the xbox 360 , i really hope they will ...

Edited by cnickcj

the game should not be about graphics but gameplay ...
Good luck telling that to the console crowd :rolleyes:

To be honest, I don't think anyone would actually like this game on consoles, they seem to mainly like games such as Halo and Call of Duty 4, wouldn't ArmA 2 be abit too complex? (Before you flame me, I was an Xbocks Three Hundred and Sixty player for about 2 years).

Good luck telling that to the console crowd :rolleyes:

To be honest, I don't think anyone would actually like this game on consoles, they seem to mainly like games such as Halo and Call of Duty 4, wouldn't ArmA 2 be abit too complex? (Before you flame me, I was an Xbocks Three Hundred and Sixty player for about 2 years).

Naah im a console gamer and i woulde love in on the console although im am playing it right now on pc.

and i don't like COD and Halo, yes they are fun and well created but overhyped