Sign in to follow this  
avibird 1

ArmA2 - The Xbox 360 thread

sorry henno, i dont think BIS has ever mentioned a version for the ps3

I hate the way everyone asks about the X360 but nobody bothers their fat arse to ask about the PS3 version.

*flamesuit*

It never occurred to you that "everyone" that asks own a X360 and not a PS3?

i think he meant in the ps3 tread, but thats only cus it probably wont ever come for the ps3

Do you work for a publisher/developer? If not it's possible that such an outside looking in viewpoint makes the situation seem so much easier than it actually is in reality ;)
Im sure he just meant "Why is it so hard to give away gold? Any publisher you guys have approached that has declined the opportunity is ....well...
I just dont understand it.

Do you work for a publisher/developer? If not it's possible that such an outside looking in viewpoint makes the situation seem so much easier than it actually is in reality

No I'm not working for a developer or publisher. And of course I don't know that business from the 'in game view' but there have always been many games available that are simply bad or downright crap, so even bad games obviously find a publisher. We already had Elite for a console...so what's the problem now with ArmA2? What makes it so difficult to find a publisher who can see that this game on the 360 is a big opportunity?

Grim

I know that there is a seperate topic for this, but IF ARMA2 does come out on the X360, does that mean that it will come out on the PS3 at the same time? I hate the way everyone asks about the X360 but nobody bothers their fat arse to ask about the PS3 version.

I know that games on PS3 are harder to make since they use OpenGL as opposed to the Direct3D like the PC and X360. But Im just asking.

*flamesuit*

LOL, its because people usually say about the system they have. I have a 360, so, thats what im curious about. I try to use the word "console" most of the time, but it slips my mind allot.

And, as for the "09 now your saying 10'" thing, i change my mind allot. Stuff like that. I still have hope it will be out by Christmas or New Year.

There is an "Arma 2 on PS3" thread. Perhaps people ask about the 360 here because its the 360 thread, and assumed the PS3 owners would ask in that thread?

I actually wonder why it seems so difficult to find a publisher...

Grim

Maybe Bohemia Interactive is reconsidering releasing it on the console and would rather keep this a PC exclusive so they won't upset all of the PC gamers who there fans. Either that or Companies are ignoring to focus on more well known console games Like COD.

Maybe Bohemia Interactive is reconsidering releasing it on the console and would rather keep this a PC exclusive so they won't upset all of the PC gamers who there fans.
Alot of pc gamers are now on consoles.Not to mention its cool that they care about their "fans" but lets be honest, they would not only have fans on the console, but make more money with no pirating the software.
Either that or Companies are ignoring to focus on more well known console games Like COD.
How many publishers are actually making money on the cod series? Alright placebo, any day now!!:D

LOL, its because people usually say about the system they have. I have a 360, so, thats what im curious about. I try to use the word "console" most of the time, but it slips my mind allot.

And, as for the "09 now your saying 10'" thing, i change my mind allot. Stuff like that. I still have hope it will be out by Christmas or New Year.

I forgot to mention I was talking about journalists. I have NEVER heard any journalists ask about a PS3 version, EVER.

Besides the PS3 thread is nowhere near as active as this one.

but make more money with no pirating the software.:D

Hi, how are yea? where have you been for last few years! pirating games on xbox360 has never been easier! in fact less PC gamers are pirating games these days because of the games low prices compared to consoles.

Disclaimer: i'm not responsible, do at your own risk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgScgOHe9jI

Have fun! oh! don't tell M$ that i told you this.

Bye Bye.

Hi, how are yea? where have you been for last few years! pirating games on xbox360 has never been easier! in fact less PC gamers are pirating games these days because of the games low prices compared to consoles.

Bye Bye.

Blessed thank you. I had never heard of something like this, thought it was only pc.Well......I'll buy 2 copies to help make up for one pirate!!Lol. Still, the console fan base could be huge. Thanks for the polite reply.

Bye Bye.

Yo this is about ARMA2 for the console not how to get free games. Lets keep on the topic people lol.

Yes it does work fine if you follow the directions on the video BUT just like getting free cable tv you will get caught at some time by MS this is a fact and you will be off XBOX LIVE for good. You may get a few weeks or months but YOU WILL GET CAUGHT at some time. People will always find new ways and MS will find out and so on and so on. So if you what to roll the dice go head. When you get kicked and can't play XBOX LIVE It's your fault. If you want to play the game not on line nobody will know. I only play games on line so this would not work for me. This is just my view.

NOW CAN WE GET BACK AND TALK ABOUT ARMA2 FOR THE BOX.

Yo this is about ARMA2 for the console not how to get free games. Lets keep on the topic people lol.

Yes it does work fine if you follow the directions on the video BUT just like getting free cable tv you will get caught at some time by MS this is a fact and you will be off XBOX LIVE for good. You may get a few weeks or months but YOU WILL GET CAUGHT at some time. People will always find new ways and MS will find out and so on and so on. So if you what to roll the dice go head. When you get kicked and can't play XBOX LIVE It's your fault. If you want to play the game not on line nobody will know. I only play games on line so this would not work for me. This is just my view.

NOW CAN WE GET BACK AND TALK ABOUT ARMA2 FOR THE BOX.

Think he was just making a point;) Also, I have been reading around the web.While there is no new news, there are tons of ppl waiting for a 360 release.Hope we can get some info soon.Keep up the good job on the other sites by the way.Good stuff.

lots of people will love this game, everyone on xbox live i tell about this game and the first op flash sound amazed, they simply havnt heard of it yet. i highly recommend that BIS releases this game for 360 from feb to maybe april next year... because cod modern warfare 2 will be selling during christmas big time, most people will get it during xmas, let cod cool down for 2-4 months and then send a mass of advertising after cod cools down a bit and advertising as the most realistic war game possible people will love the sound of it. have it have better features than OFPDR (like a map editor and maybe some customizable features on vehicles) and no bugs and voila, the best results will follow...

Maybe Bohemia Interactive is reconsidering releasing it on the console and would rather keep this a PC exclusive so they won't upset all of the PC gamers who there fans. Either that or Companies are ignoring to focus on more well known console games Like COD.

But, that brings the question..."Why do the PC gamers care if it comes on consoles?"

But, that brings the question..."Why do the PC gamers care if it comes on consoles?"

Because PC players feel if a game is going to be made for both the developers will cut things out of the game to make it work for both systems.

the fact is BOHEMIA will always make the game for the PC first and then make it work for the console they know that the PC community is the real fan base but the future will be the console market with the next console systems.

So PC fans relax you will not get a game that is waterdown from BOHEMIA that's not how they roll. Relax.

Edited by AVIBIRD 1

I'll be more than happy for the watered down version, assuming it will be even a notch above the original flashpoint for xbox. :)

Just checking in for updates.Any day now placebo!

Hey keep checking. I have a good feeling about the console game for the 360but we will need to wait a little bit, maybe by the end of the year. Keep the faith gentleman.

Does anyone think that this can have anything to do with the development of the xbox 360 version? I for one think that a port of the expansion to the console would be a great move on BI part. The time is right and the audience is slowly building. Now is the time to make a move BI.

BOHEMIA will make the game for us just wait and see. OFPDR will be a good step away from BF/COD gameplay :bounce3: however, codemasters missed the mark and changed the old format to much from OFP1:confused: and now it's BOHEMIA turn to show what they can do.:yay::)

I hope your right Avibird. I believe that if bis sticks to who they are and what they do they will make a game that will dominate the online gaming for consoles. Come on bis, crunch the #'s, build the game make yourselves rich and a hole lotta gamers happy:)

Maybe let them sort out the PC version first, so it is at least a reasonable excuse for a finished product ?