Sign in to follow this  
avibird 1

ArmA2 - The Xbox 360 thread

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/958/958402.html

ESRB Rating: M for Blood, Mild Sexual Themes, Strong Language, Violence

Genre: First-Person Shooter

Also Available On: PlayStation 3, PC

Release Date: December 30, 2009???

We can only hope but this means nothing a big fat zero. We need to hear it from BOHEMIA not some other site. Keep the faith alive brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

An actual release date no matter how far away from now is at least much better than a TBA sticker. I would love to wait if I knew that the game is simply needing more time to run well on the 360 and won't have the problems the PC version had (still has?) when it came out.

so Dec 30th 09 is like the new July 7th for PC ? a non-exsistant release date ?

don't hold your breath.

This sucks.

so Dec 30th 09 is like the new July 7th for PC ? a non-exsistant release date ?

don't hold your breath.

This sucks.

Agreed, I don't think its legit. But if it was coming out for the 360, thats (november - december) the timeframe i'd guess of it being released.

and I would like to add that ArmA 2 for the 360 would raise the bar for consoles. Nobody has done a real open game with tactics like this. Could be so much fun with the on-line community on Live.

I am just steaming mad (no pun) about the weak changing info on release dates.

I haven't even got a boxed retail PC copy yet.

sigh.

I suspect it will be difficult to aim with the fidelity required for long distance shooting. I could be wrong.

I suspect it will be difficult to aim with the fidelity required for long distance shooting. I could be wrong.

Worked fine on OFP elite on the orginal xbox - see no reason why it wouldn't on 360 with Arma2. :)

Worked fine on OFP elite on the orginal xbox - see no reason why it wouldn't on 360 with Arma2. :)
I'm playing the demo with the controller. No probs ... unless you count INVERT LOOK ... which is absent atm:(

IGN doesnt mean anything

All we need as fans right now is an answer to if the game is still in development

Best of luck to those waiting for this title on the 360, but I really can't see the hardware being able to handle it without some major neutering. Maybe Bohemia has some coding magic up their sleeve, who knows :)

Edited by goodgimp

Bump to the cause.

Hey welcome to the thread. Go join the XBOX 360 SOCIAL GROUP. If you have a real question or just want to talk about the game feel free but please don't post to BUMP US the powers to be on this forum do not like that type of behavior from us this is not CODEMASTERS froum lol.

Can I trust on IGN?

I wouldn't, they tend to guess wrong on release dates all the time, for one.

Best of luck to those waiting for this title on the 360, but I really can't see the hardware being able to handle it without some major neutering. Maybe Bohemia has some coding magic up their sleeve, who knows :)

You never played OFP:Elite? It had its graphically-brilliant moments and its graphically woeful ones, but they got all of the islands and their objects to fit into a game that ran on the old black XBox. It was pure tac-shooter heaven. (I loved the fact that you could easily HEAR the cultural diversity of your multiplayer squad. It was nice to have some bruthas watchin' my back, just like in the real Army.) The advent of the 360 is what made the multiplayer community short-lived.

---------- Post added at 07:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 AM ----------

This is what I thought would be the case with OFP:Elite. It wasn't. The game controller aiming in OFP:E was some of the best I've seen on any console tac-shooter.

My heavens, why aren't I playing the game, right now?!

You never played OFP:Elite? It had its graphically-brilliant moments and its graphically woeful ones, but they got all of the islands and their objects to fit into a game that ran on the old black XBox. It was pure tac-shooter heaven. (I loved the fact that you could easily HEAR the cultural diversity of your multiplayer squad. It was nice to have some bruthas watchin' my back, just like in the real Army.) The advent of the 360 is what made the multiplayer community short-lived.

---------- Post added at 07:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 AM ----------

This is what I thought would be the case with OFP:Elite. It wasn't. The game controller aiming in OFP:E was some of the best I've seen on any console tac-shooter.

My heavens, why aren't I playing the game, right now?!

So get off your ass and hook the old black box up and join us. We still play a few times a week. Just look me up on the 360 the same gamertag AVIBIRD 1 and let me know if you want to play the elite. I can get a full room anytime up in a few minutes to play the best coop mission around.

does any one besides ign have anything about the release date for ARMA2 for the XBOX 360

Hi and welcome to the forum. Yes some other sites have infromation about the release date for ARMA2 for the XBOX 360 BUT IT's ALL LIES DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR SEE ON OTHER SITES! ONLY THE WORDS FROM BOHEMIA.

BOHEMIA main focus is the PC game and sales right now. They can not release a console game until most of the bugs are out of the game that is the bottom line.

If you read my outline you will understand the issues for a release of a 360 game.

Here is a basic outline:

1. Can they get the game to work on the current consoles and will it run well. Yes they can, how well ??????????????? time will tell us.

2. The PC game needs to make money with sales. How much ?

3. They need to get a console publisher to take the chance with this game ( most publisher wants a COD/BF game to target a bigger market of players)

4. Console games needs to be almost bug free and must go through detail process to be allowed to reach the console market.

5. Video games are not the main focus of the overall company and if it gets to compicated and looks like the profits will be minimum they may not want to put the effort and time.

Number 1 and 3 are the biggest issues right now. BOHEMIA main focus is the PC right now and let them get all the PC markets out and lets hope the sales continues to be good.

Gentleman, Please just have some more patiencs we will know soon if we get a version. BOHEMIA will not go down without a fight for the console market from codemasters.

Trust me if BOHEMIA can make this game run well on the 360 we will get it.

Edited by AVIBIRD 1

Sup AVIBIRD1

i hope they get a 360 version out, I and a lot of OPF:Elite players can't shell out tons of $$$ for a high power PC to run ArmA2.

But i can wait for it even if it takes a year or two

Edited by UNSC LEADER

My name is AVIBIRD 1 and I am a handfull of die hard players that sill play the original OFP ELITE. I have two questions that I need help with. How many players will be online. The PC will have 50+ and the original OFP had 24 players. Second During the interview with IVAN BUCHTA I think he stated that the 360 game was not yet developed however on same video clips with mark spanel I have seen XBOX 360 MAP on the load screen during an interview. If this is ture then the XBOX 36O will not come out until late winter or early 2010.

you guys should just get the PC version. even get ofp for the pc if ur PCs suck.\

oh, and keep in mind that these guys banned me from their games because i crashed a helicopter on accident

mrblitzkrieg67

hey guys, i just watched a gametrailers.com review of arma 2 and i saw typicall xbox 360 buttons in the stats menu of the game.

arma_360.jpg

are these buttons also shown in the pc version of the game?!

I registered just to point this thing out^ Looks like you beat me to it :) I hope this is some sort of evidence for the xbox 360 version, because i want this game so bad, but i dont have €3000 euro's to spare to run this game on a pc :).

hey guys, i just watched a gametrailers.com review of arma 2 and i saw typicall xbox 360 buttons in the stats menu of the game.

are these buttons also shown in the pc version of the game?!

Yes if you activate the 360 controller in the game you will get those buttons.

controller.jpg