Sign in to follow this  
avibird 1

ArmA2 - The Xbox 360 thread

Sometimes when I'm reading posts by the PC gamers I do scratch my head with all the talk about graphics cards, processors, RAM, HD etc, it seems that one person's perfect setup is another person's worst setup, i.e. rarely do PC gamers agree on ideal gaming hardware.

Anyway, in terms of the PC release for ArmA 2, I've heard positive things from people who actually own the game since the patch was released. Some of the most negative comments I've read are from people who had negatively prejudged the game before release. After hearing about some release day bugs, their eyes have lit up and they've used that info to pour even more scorn on the game. I guess it's just hatred for want of a better word.

Personally I think ArmA 2 looks like great. If it does come to the Xbox 360 then it'd be a completely unique title and definitely stand out. I don't know of any game, existing or planned, which will touch this type of gaming experience, the concept is fantastic.

Sorry, but the videos I have seen/reviews I have read to this day are reviews that all used the patch and still say it simply doesn't work. I'm surely not bashing the game, but reality is far from being the great game I longed for. Let's wait and see what BI will do with more patches.
I have enjoyed the game on my craptastic computer. AI is much better, I mean day and night difference. Many small features make the game feel natural. I have nothing to gripe about that is the game's fault. It is my fault I haven't upgraded my computer in forever. :p

I've been tracking the development of both ArmA 2 and OFPDR and I'm sad to say that I've spent more time following OFPDR than ArmA 2. :(

Anyway, my question is this : What is the projected release date for the XB360 version of ArmA 2? Is it this year?

I know many will reply with "use the search bar". I did and I couldn't find a definitive answer. Someone please answer my q.

No one knows yet, there aren't any release dates yet for console. BI cant say anythign either.

No one knows yet, there aren't any release dates yet for console. BI cant say anythign either.

So does that mean that a console port isn't even confirmed or just the console port release date?

Because I saw an interview a while back where one of the ArmA2 devs confirmed a console port. Actually, I think I have it. Here it is :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgkkkKgRSU4&fmt=18

Thanks for replying btw.

Hi

There is a pinned XBOX 360 thread

Kind Regards walker

You're right, there is.

Don't I feel stupid now. :pet1:

Thanks.

well in Czech store xzone.cz you can pre-order Xbox version of the game so i suppose that you will be able to order it few days/weeks/months/years/milleniums :232: after czech xbox gamers.

:ok:

Publisher in czech rep. should be Conquest.

ArmA 2 (XBOX 360) - czech language

Tranlated via "Google Translator"

:partytime:

But dont know if there will be any gift like in PC version (Helmet for both versions - normal and special) + t-shirt, camo bag, vallet, etc. in special edition

ArmA 2 Special edition - czech language

well in Czech store xzone.cz you can pre-order Xbox version of the game so i suppose that you will be able to order it few days/weeks/months/years/milleniums :232: after czech xbox gamers.

:ok:

Publisher in czech rep. should be Conquest.

ArmA 2 (XBOX 360) - czech language

:partytime:

But dont know if there will be any gift like in PC version (Helmet for both versions - normal and special) + t-shirt, camo bag, vallet, etc. in special edition

ArmA 2 Special edition - czech language

Pre-order in the czech republic.....looks promising :yay:

Defo worthy of a banana dancing me thinks :D

This is fantasic, esp after the disapointing e3 footage of Dragon rising I watched from E3.

I really hope BI come through with this on the 360!

Ah wow I really hope this isnt some bad coordination on the website's part. They better be keeping the map editor in there as well....

All I know is that we are YEARS into the life-cycle of the XBox 360 and we still don't have a single Helicopter flight-combat title or a single Armored Warfare sim (unless you count Chromehounds). (Microsoft = brain-dead)

ArmA2 stands to give us BOTH of these!

Please, please release ArmA2 on the 360. I can't afford to upgrade my computer and after playing OFP:Elite, I'm thinking that the multiplayer experience on the 360 will be superior, even if it doesn't have addons.

Gentleman I don't know if this is for real or some game web site in czech that wants to make crap up but it's real close to BOHEMIA.

I am getting a little wood right now thinking about this but I will wait after the 505 release date and see if you get any information from BOHEMIA on this.

Here is the the link information using a czech translation and after reading it for the second time I have some hard wood right now!

ArmA 2 (XBOX 360) - Pre

Price: 1699 CZK

Purchase get 67 credits

Availability:

Sent to: Summer 2009

Shop Prague: Summer 2009

Shop Brno: Summer 2009

Game Genre: 3D action game

Publisher play in the Czech Republic: Conquest

Video from the game:

Forum for a game (27)

-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------

DESCRIPTION HRYArmA 2 is a full-fledged continuation of military simulation (Armed Assault). Will take place in the near future, in 2009, in a fictional post-Soviet Republic Chernarus. You will be sent there as members of the United States Marine Corps Force Recon, you take care to stabilize the situation and prevent further loss of life of civilians. ArmA 2 will be built to the latest generation of technology. Flows with well-known properties, such as the large game world, an extremely detailed modern units, weapons, vehikly or air forces. In addition Singleplayer course is also rich with the multiplayer options. Most of the time you have at hand a group of five soldiers, which you can freely switch. An important role for the U.S. Marines will play AVV (Amphibious Assault Vehicle) and its adaptive capability is often used. In contrast, the Russians get into Vinko modern tanks such as T-90, less armored, but adapted for water BMP-3, osmikolové APC BTR-90 and anti Tungusku-M1. From the U.S. Air Transport added C-130J Super Hercules, attack F-35 Joint Strike Fighter to the Russians to be, for example, helicopter Mil Mi-24, which was an icon here and Operation Flashpoint returns.

-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------

Minimum Consoles: Microsoft Xbox 360

Yeah its very nice to see. Cant belive the "summer" part though.........loved to be proved wrong :D:yay:

This is a great sign, I am pessimistic about a summer release however. I love seeing all of these excited dancing bananas, but must say a little terrified by the Israeli Defense Force banner. Oh well, guess we'll all be having a diverse imagination with the mission editor.

Long Live Chernarus Movement of the Red Star

This is a great sign, I am pessimistic about a summer release however.

Yeah totally. I'd imagine that they'd want to avoid fall as there's a lot coming out then. Hopefully there will be a publisher soon and the info will drop giving us a better idea of a date.

Cleaned up the thread by deleting all the OT posts, let's stay on topic please.

Cleaned up the thread by deleting all the OT posts, let's stay on topic please.

okay

But we need some sort of info first :D

In several interviews, the 360 version had been unofficially confirmed by BOHEMIA. In fact, a Czech preorder site is now up.

I found this bit of infromation and don't know if this is a true fact about microsoft. We were told XBOX 360 games need a publisher before any information can be released to us.

MR. PLACEBO is this true about Microsoft policy - Microsoft requires a minimum of 250,000 copies for a game to be released on the 360, so 505 Games is just trying to meet that requirement right now.

In several interviews, the 360 version had been unofficially confirmed by BOHEMIA. In fact, a Czech preorder site is now up.

I found this bit of infromation and don't know if this is a true fact about microsoft. We were told XBOX 360 games need a publisher before any information can be released to us.

MR. PLACEBO is this true about Microsoft policy - Microsoft requires a minimum of 250,000 copies for a game to be released on the 360, so 505 Games is just trying to meet that requirement right now.

So the more copies we the Pc gamers buy the higher the chance for a 360 version to get approved by MS? :P :D

I'll buy 1 copy first and when i can afford I will buy a second then and give to a friend :)

I totally dislike console playing but I can't help myself from wanting to help people out :)

So the more copies we the Pc gamers buy the higher the chance for a 360 version to get approved by MS? :P :D

I'll buy 1 copy first and when i can afford I will buy a second then and give to a friend :)

I totally dislike console playing but I can't help myself from wanting to help people out :)

LOL I will send you $ to buy 10 copies if it helps me get a console copy. Remember most console players who are going to like this game used to be PC players in the past like myself. We are all one big happy family. I don't know if that information is true about Microsoft policy about the 25,000 cpoies. MR. PLACEBO gives us a little bone of hope.

LOL I will send you $ to buy 10 copies if it helps me get a console copy. Remember most console players who are going to like this game used to be PC players in the past like myself. We are all one big happy family. I don't know if that information is true about Microsoft policy about the 25,000 cpoies. MR. PLACEBO gives us a little bone of hope.

Yeah the amount of cross platform owning these days is huge. To me there are no Console or PC gamers........Just gamers.

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

Some of the stuff covered in this link could explain why we haven't heard nothing about a release ....

http://www.gamecareerguide.com/features/375/book_excerpt_designing_.php?page=6

I think its purely down to a lack of publisher.....I dont think you're allowed to confrim your game without one.

I may be wrong though?

will arma 2 for the xbox 360 use Dedicated Servers or client based servers , ie hosting on a xbox 360 , i was reading some imformation on servers , just bringing myself up to date with technology ...

also found a interesting article ..

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/games/news/2009/05/29/is-microsoft-developing-a-new-record-breaking-online-game-for-xbox-360.html

Yeah the amount of cross platform owning these days is huge. To me there are no Console or PC gamers........Just gamers.

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

I think its purely down to a lack of publisher.....I dont think you're allowed to confrim your game without one.

I may be wrong though?

I want the game to get a publisher and be released for the XB360 SO FUCKING BAD! Its been years since I've played the original OFP and I needz mah fix!

When ArmA 2 does eventually come out for XB360, I'm gonna pwn so many noobz. I don't mean to brag, but I AM the ultimate badass.