Sign in to follow this  
avibird 1

ArmA2 - The Xbox 360 thread

Just found on the german arma2 publisher company portrait:

Morphicon wird 2008 das Produktportfolio weiter ausbauen und dazu erstmals Konsolen- und Handheld-Spiele anbieten. Die ersten Multiplattform-Titel unter dem Label PETER GAMES werden 2009 veröffentlicht. Highlight wird hierbei ARMED ASSAULT 2 sein, der Nachfolger der vielfach preisgekrönten Militärsimulation Armed Assault, der auf PC und Next-Gen-Konsole erscheinen wird.

translated: Morphican would expand his market to consoles and handhelds with new multiplatform titles 2009. Highlight would be Arma 2 which would be on pc and next-gen consoles.

Hi all

In this review (PREVIEW WALKER YOU DUMBASS) by Eurogamer

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/arma-ii-hands-onLink edited to correct a copy and paste error

Bottom of second page it says:

...ArmA II is due out for PC on 19th June, with an Xbox 360 version due out later.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker
Edited to correct my stupidity

Just found on the german arma2 publisher company portrait:

translated: Morphican would expand his market to consoles and handhelds with new multiplatform titles 2009. Highlight would be Arma 2 which would be on pc and next-gen consoles.

Hi all

In this review by Eurogamer

http://www.videogamer.com/pc/arma_2/preview-1736.html

Kind Regards walker

Both posts are pretty AWESOME:) Thx for spotting guys!

Hi all

In this review by Eurogamer

http://www.videogamer.com/pc/arma_2/preview-1736.html

Kind Regards walker

uh, did you misread? What I read is like this, maybe eurogamer has been changing the article?

Conversely, Bohemia has gone quiet on the subject of a 360/PS3 version of their game – so it’s not clear what their intentions are in this regard. .....ArmA II will be released on PC on June 19.

Hi all

Oops my bad, copy and paste error on the link, I will go back and edit with a note, though the preview/review is one I seem to makes regularly. :o

Kind Regards walker

So it says "Pc out june19 and the xbox 360 version comes out later" so theres at least one confirmation.. . . .GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME!!!!!. . . ..Yahoooooo:yay:

Ok, maybe I'm over reacting !:p

Fantastic news!

I hope BIS take as long as they need to and don't rush the Xbox 360 version.

Whatever happens, please include a mission editor for consoles and you'll make many people very happy.

Console players just need to relax and wait. Help build-up the community by telling everyone you meet on XBOX live about this game. That's what I have been doing for almost one and half years now.

If you are going to be a XBOX 360 player please go to the community social group called XBOX 360 PLAYERS and join to show BOHEMIA that we will support this game.

Today new information about a 360 game was posted and talked about on this thread, none of it was from BOHEMAIA officially but all signs points that a 360 game will be coming. Just look at the hints and interviews from BOHEMIA in the past as well as to see MR. PLACEBO FACE on this thread makes me say :yay:.

Question is, When and when will we get real information from BOHEMIA about the console games. BOHEMIA has it's hands full with getting the PC release date for the UK and telling the PC community about the NA publisher and release date as well. Once this is done, We should get some real news.

BOHEMIA will not give up the 360 market to CODEMASTERS because to much money to be made. The PS3 is a different story. I hope they can but it may cost to much money and man power to make this work for them. Remember what happened to germany during WW2 when they opening up three fronts. If they left the east front alone we would all be speaking german right now LOL.

We will get a XBOX 360 game just relax and have some fate. Spread the word and join the social group. BOHEMIA still has to make all the BS achievements for the XBOX this is a MS requirement for all console game. This could take them a little more time then just a straight port over.

Edited by AVIBIRD 1

Remember what happened to germany during WW2 when they opening up three fronts. If they left the east front alone we would all be speaking german right now LOL.

:D

BIS Xbox press release: "Don't worry Xbox gamers, we won't make the same mistake as the Germans did" - now that's a catchy corporate slogan.

You're right in what you say though. Everyone needs to be patient (including BIS) and then we'll be able to enjoy a quality product.

I've already told others about this game but as soon as it becomes official, everyone needs to start spreading the word.

God this is looking better and better. What do people think about all of it in regards to the hardware capacity of the 360? I'm wondering if thats why OFPDR dropped the mission editor.

Also Placebo, got any more bones to throw us to see if theres a console version or not? Please not that I respect, love and adore you by the way.

Nothing has changed from the answer that Suma gave regarding why we can't announce or clarify anything.

Hi guys,

I'm new here... immediately joined the x360 social group! God I'm dying for this game to come out on the xbox... don't even matter when.

I enjoy CoD but I really want something more realistic... a true military shooter. And Bohemia: be sure that there is a loyal target audience for it on consoles. People I know gave up pc because of specs/performance investment. But they want games like these badly on the xbox...

ah well, here's hoping

Hi guys,

I'm new here... immediately joined the x360 social group! God I'm dying for this game to come out on the xbox... don't even matter when.

I enjoy CoD but I really want something more realistic... a true military shooter. And Bohemia: be sure that there is a loyal target audience for it on consoles. People I know gave up pc because of specs/performance investment. But they want games like these badly on the xbox...

ah well, here's hoping

Yeah with the line between console players and pc players getting fuzzy with lots of cross platform owning and pc players moving to consoles (well loads that i know for the reason stated above) its a great time to be releasing sims in to a starving market.

Edited by Zensuji

God this is looking better and better. What do people think about all of it in regards to the hardware capacity of the 360? I'm wondering if thats why OFPDR dropped the mission editor.

Also Placebo, got any more bones to throw us to see if theres a console version or not? Please not that I respect, love and adore you by the way.

No CODEMASTERS taking out the mission editor was just plan old greed to make more money from the console community. I am not 100% sure but codemasters will not give a reason. Why would a company make a mission editor that runs on a different programs then the main game program, when they know a console system can't run two different programs at once.

I have asked this question on the CODEMASTERS forum multiple times and nobody attempted to answer this question from the OFPDR community members or Moderators. I think the truth hurts.

Placebo gave us a small little bone with this statement. {Nothing has changed from the answer that Suma gave regarding why we can't announce or clarify anything.} Today 08:31 AM

MR. Placebo by having you fish around this thread makes me feel better and better about a 360 version on the way.

Today 08:31 AM

Edited by AVIBIRD 1

A mission editor really doesn't matter with a game of this size in scale, there is so much you can do in mission mode, it just doesn't matter, as long as we have the game !

A mission editor really doesn't matter with a game of this size in scale, there is so much you can do in mission mode, it just doesn't matter, as long as we have the game !

Do you know what you just said. The mission editor is the heart and soul of the OPF1/ARMA1 game experience and will be the back bone of the ARMA2 experience. I must ask you the very old question, Have you played the original

OFP or ARMA1. Don't answer we all know the answer. NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't worry BOHEMAI, MYSELF and GOD will forgive your lack of experience and knowledge of this game and what the editor is to this game community.

The mission editor is the heart and soul of the OPF1/ARMA1 game experience and will be the back bone of the ARMA2 experience. I must ask you the very old question, Have you played the original

OFP or ARMA1. Don't answer we all know the answer. NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even something as simple as Elite's mission editor would be awesome -- I had hundreds of hours of fun with that. And you're right. This game's out-of-the-box play will be great, but its lifeblood will be found in the editor.

I can't wait for 360 news about this game!!! Something at E3, maybe? Please? Does anybody know if Bohemia will have a booth there?

Dropping the mission editor for Dragon Rising is a big let down. But i will buy OFPDR anyway. I like modern day shooters (better than scifi or ww2 stuff).

So in my library it will have its place next to CMW2 and BFBC2. Where does that leave ArmA2/360? On the far end of the spectrum.

So for my gaming i will have the lineup MW2 - BFBC2 - OFPDR - ARMA2/360 ... perhaps some GhostRecon4 and a RainbowSix iteration will show up extending the lineup even more.

I like all those games, just as i admire a rainbow in total (and not a specific color)

The only OBVIOUS problem will be the TIME those games consume, esp if they are released on top of each other. So from a available TIME aspect i probably would choose Arma2 over DR over BFBC2 over MW2, going from the realistic side of the lineup to the arcade.

ArmA2/360 deserves it place in the 360 library and could take up a very big chunk of my game time ... if it materializes. That is still 'To Be Seen'

Zensuji makes a good point about the PC/Console transition and the fuzzy line between both platforms. The stereotypical 'console gamer' tag doesn't always apply. A lot of us want far more depth and realism from our games.

I know that some people who haven't played the original OFP will not know about the benefits of a mission editor, but it's not a didfficult concept to grasp;

mission editor = plenty of replay value.......not rocket science is it?

I never played the original OFP but I want a mission editor big time. In fact, I've never played a CO-OP game (military shooter) which had a mission editor so I see it's inclusion as a major step forward in gaming terms. I get the impression that ArmA 2 won't let us down with this core feature, but after mismanaging my expectations for OFP: DR, I'll not assume anything until they confirm it.

I think with all the patching and stuff that needs sorting this could be a little way off. I hope i'm wrong though. 3-6 months sound right?

Well considering the fact that the press is ripping the PC version of the game due to it's buggyness, we are probably a good ways off from getting the 360 version. I'm going back to sleep wake me up when it comes out!