Sign in to follow this  
avibird 1

ArmA2 - The Xbox 360 thread

Look guys, lets use logic here. (1) BI had advertised forever that this game would be on the 360. (2) Gamestop has it listed as well as the box art for the game being shown. (3) Operation flashpoint2 DR can be played on the 360 but not ArmA2 ? .. ?WTF?(4) Console sales represent BIG money and really thats what it all boils down to right? Now lets think about it from their perspective, the PC game will be out shortly so that will hold over alot of folks but now to maximize profits it would be better for the console version to wait till about Oct/Nov to squeeze out all the money you can from holiday sales. Think about why codemasters has pushed back OF2DR till this fall it's not because the game won't be ready . . . .DUH. . .Holiday sales!!!!!THAT is what BI is going to do also....why? you ask? . . . . . . . SHOW ME THE MONEEEEY!

Hey fishegg, I almost agree with you in all of your points you stated above.

1. I would not say forever, but a few times during interviews (it was not the main focus of the interviews) and only small hints on web sites NEXT GEN CONSOLE-TBD. ?????????????

2. I live in a major city in the USA MIAMI FLA. I have four gamestops within a 7 mile area from my house. They have no information on ARMA2 for PC or XBOX 360 in there system. I check every week with them. I have seen a pic of the box art on this forum but I don't know if that is official from BI or a publisher. They would have made a statement, don't you think. If you could tell me were you got the information about gamespot so I can tell them here in miami.

3. We don't know until we see the games on a console system if they can run well. This we will have to wait for. No real ingame videos are out for OFPDR on any system and only PC right now for ARMA2 we think???? Some xbox buttons were noted.

4. Yes your right the console market can bring in more money then the PC market this is true But you are wrong CODEMASTERS is having some major issues with the programing of the game. Why do you think no real ingame videos are out only short little cut scene. Do you think waiting for the holiday sales or being the first to get the game on the market would maximize profits better. I think you know the answer now- being the first to hit the market.

5. BOHEMIA is a company that keeps to there guns. The PC market is the first priority and when the PC market is done all regions, then we should get some real information about the XBOX 360 version just in time for the holiday season and OFPDR release date.

If this plays out like this, well BOHEMIA would have the PC market because of a early release date and if ARMA2 is a hit with no major bugs, Who did you think will win the console wars. A game that is the true follow-up to OFP1 and plays great and has a console version that has a mission editor or a game that has no mission editor and is just getting released for all platforms.

What do you think!

PS. I hope both games are great it's only a win win for all of us.

Well you make some great points, I guess all in all, I just hope we are right; that this game comes out and that it is everything we hope for. I guess taking into consideration the hardware limitations they are probably going to be squeezing everything out of the xbox considering how big and complex this game is. I have the "gut" feeling that they will bring this home to the console market though and I hope they bring it before codemasters does ( I despise that game) I will wait for it no matter, I am routing for them. Go BI !

Well you make some great points, I guess all in all, I just hope we are right; that this game comes out and that it is everything we hope for. I guess taking into consideration the hardware limitations they are probably going to be squeezing everything out of the xbox considering how big and complex this game is. I have the "gut" feeling that they will bring this home to the console market though and I hope they bring it before codemasters does ( I despise that game) I will wait for it no matter, I am routing for them. Go BI !

Hey, I am a die hard fan of BOHEMIA because they made OFP1 the best game ever made to this point in time. Yes Bohemia screwed up with the initial release of ARMA1 but I hear it plays 100 times better now. The way I look at it ARMA1 was just a beta for ARMA2.

I still feel that ARMA2 will play like OFP1 with all the improvemnets that the community wanted for years but YOU should rout for CODEMASTERS and OFPDR to be a hit as well.

If this happens then more game developers will look at this type of game not the COD/BF crap that most game play like today.

PS. I still want to know were you got the information about GAMESPOT and ARMA2 because here in MIAMI FLA they have no clue about ARMA2 for PC at this time.

Edited by AVIBIRD 1

1. NEXT GEN CONSOLE-TBD. ?????????????

No the website said PC AND NEXT GEN CONSOLES TBD

So the PC was TBD to.

One has to remember that BIS is basically aiming for niche market whereas CM is aiming for mainstream market. There's a huge difference.

A console release is a high risk & low reward venture for BIS. Then again, if the PC release turns out to be a hit, a console version might be less risky.

EDIT: Well, not less of a risk, but Bohemia might better afford to take the risk.

Edited by lapa

Niche? well you need spectrum.

CODMW2 - BFBC2 - OFPDR - ARMA2

Like a rainbow, they overlap a bit but won't hurt each other too much. And yes, Arma2 would be situated at the most realistic side of the spectrum.

I like spectrum (options/choice) so BIS plz bring on ArmA2/360:)

Gutted if that is the case that they have no plans for the 360 - would've been/could be a great little earner for BIS...

The comment was by 505 and is meaningless in terms of what our plans are for a console version of ArmA2.

The comment was by 505 and is meaningless in terms of what our plans are for a console version of ArmA2.

Hey MR. Placebo I have a wife and two kids on the way but, I LOVE YOU and your words of hope for the console version but does this mean a PS3 version as well. We all know that BOHEMIA has talk about a 360 game so at this point in time why would you use the word console and not 360. I hope bohemia makes a PS3 version as well.

Thank you for clearing that up.

Niche? well you need spectrum.

I thought you was talking about the Clive Sinclair Spectrum :)

That would be a great feat of programing if BI could condense ArmA2 into 48k

I thought you was talking about the Clive Sinclair Spectrum :)

That would be a great feat of programing if BI could condense ArmA2 into 48k

Nah, BIS would go for next-gen and make it for the notorious Quantum Leap:)

Ah Placebo, you should post more often! Thanks for the alleviation on that one. ARMA 2 for 360!!!

Long live Chernarus Movement of the Red Star

Ah Placebo, you should post more often! Thanks for the alleviation on that one. ARMA 2 for 360!!!

Well I was on vacation the past week else I would have posted more ;)

Good to have you back then. Say, since Im new to the forum Im not exactly sure what youre relationship to BI is as the moderator, but I'll go ahead and ask a frank question anyway. Should we still soberly look forward to Arma 2 coming to the 360? Maybe you're not the person to ask and perhaps its not something that can be answered, but I thought Id try.

Long Live Chernarus Movement of the Red Star

Good to have you back then. Say, since Im new to the forum Im not exactly sure what youre relationship to BI is as the moderator, but I'll go ahead and ask a frank question anyway. Should we still soberly look forward to Arma 2 coming to the 360? Maybe you're not the person to ask and perhaps its not something that can be answered, but I thought Id try.

Hey Durruti1936 at this point in time even if Placebo knows the scoop on the console versions (xbox 360 and/or PS3) he can only give us the information when BOHEMIA HQ lets him.

Just to let you know, if you go over some of the interviews BOHEMIA has stated they are working on a 360 version. An XBOX island map has been noted on a load-up screen as well as some XBOX buttons were seen on some videos. This post was put on a Sticky Thread

on the top of this forum by Placebo and he posts here to give us some hope.

I ask Placebo a good question based on his statement that he made on this post and he never gave me a replay and he is really good about that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Placebo

[[[[[[[[[ Hey MR. Placebo I have a wife and two kids on the way but, I LOVE YOU and your words of hope for the console version but does this mean a PS3 version as well. We all know that BOHEMIA has talk about a 360 game so at this point in time why would you use the word console and not 360. I hope bohemia makes a PS3 version as well. ]]]]]]]]]

BOHEMIA knows the console market is BIG money even more then the PC market at this time. BOHEMIA will not pass on this but BOHEMIA is very loyal to it's PC fans. The PC version will be the main focus to get the game out to the community then they will turn to the console market just in time to take on codemasters OFPDR.

The real question is will they give up the PS3 market or will they go for all three markets. I know Placebo can not give us real information until he can but we can read between lines if he gives some feed back like he has done on this post.

PS. Placebo give us a little bone lol.

Edited by AVIBIRD 1

Ah thanks AVIBIRD1, I wasnt too clear on things so that helped. If this does come to the Xbox, rest assured we'll be crushing some imperialist pigdogs together on LIVE. Oh such fun.

Ah thanks AVIBIRD1, I wasnt too clear on things so that helped. If this does come to the Xbox, rest assured we'll be crushing some imperialist pigdogs together on LIVE. Oh such fun.

Not if I have anything to do with it - Up the NAPA! ;)

BTW if anyone is interested I've started an Arma2 360 group for Live users to swap contacts - be sure to check it out!

Not if I have anything to do with it - Up the NAPA! ;)

BTW if anyone is interested I've started an Arma2 360 group for Live users to swap contacts - be sure to check it out!

Hey prizrak this is a great idea, but we need to get every XBOX 360 player on this forum to join to let BOHEMIA know power of the BOX for this game. If one person joins and gets three more people the numbers will make a statement to BOHEMAI that we the XBOX 360 community will support you and this game.

I will be sending this message to everyone who posted on the topic sorry if you don't want to join just delete the message but if you want this game for the XBOX 360 and soon, please join and get a friend to join.

Message to all:

Hey if you are a XBOX 360 player for ARMA2 please go to the community tap on the top of the forum and join the XBOX 360 player group. We want to send BOHEMIA a message that the XBOX 360 community will support this game.

Look guys, lets use logic here. (1) BI had advertised forever that this game would be on the 360. (2) Gamestop has it listed as well as the box art for the game being shown. (3) Operation flashpoint2 DR can be played on the 360 but not ArmA2 ? .. ?WTF?(4) Console sales represent BIG money and really thats what it all boils down to right? Now lets think about it from their perspective, the PC game will be out shortly so that will hold over alot of folks but now to maximize profits it would be better for the console version to wait till about Oct/Nov to squeeze out all the money you can from holiday sales. Think about why codemasters has pushed back OF2DR till this fall it's not because the game won't be ready . . . .DUH. . .Holiday sales!!!!!THAT is what BI is going to do also....why? you ask? . . . . . . . SHOW ME THE MONEEEEY!

A couple of points are wrong with your post....

1. BIS has never 100% confirmed a 360 version of the game as far as I know. Yes, they have said next-gen (current gen) consoles and in-game videos have shown 360 controls... but thats not an official "Were making a 360 version" statement. Obviously Placebo seems to be saying theres still a high likely hood of a 360/PS3 version... but even his statement there is no confirmation, so don't go putting words in the developers mouths and then getting angry when your wrong.

2. Never trust gamestop 100%. Quite often they do in fact list correct information developers are unwilling to confirm for fear of missing deadlines, but they are sometimes horribly wrong... this is no sure sign of a confirmed 360 version either.

3. Believe it or not BIS might not be baseing everything they do on what Codemasters does. Even tho there are many hints at a 360 version of ArmA2 there are almost none for a PS3 version... which Codemasters is doing for OFP2. Again this point just doesn't prove anything, or even suggest anything.

4. Your right and wrong here. Yes, console sales CAN equal big money... but releasing ArmA2 for consoles in the fall is the dumbest idea possible unless it HAS to be released that late due to not being finished. First of all... ArmA2 style games have never really been tested too much on consoles, and very likely might sell like a lead balloon to the younger run-and-gun console crowd. Not to mention I can't see many hard core ArmA2 fans buying the console version since there will be no mods, which is the main thing ArmA2 brings to the table. So just because allot of people have consoles, doesn't mean your going to sell a ton of games on the console... your game has to appeal to them, and I personally don't believe ArmA2 will do very well on the 360.

As for winter game sales... in terms of Arma2, a fall release is a bad idea. If it was released in the summer, there is little competition. There are few high profile games coming out in the next few months and Arma2 could have a rather large window to rack up sales. If its release in the fall its going to go up against Modern Warefare 2, Operation Flashpoint 2, Bad Company 2 (slightly later), and those are just the top 3 I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sorry to say it but theres not many people out there who are going to buy ArmA2 over thoes games when were talking about the console world. ArmA2 vs the proven console smash hit Modern Warfare series? Its a no brainer.

If BIS wants a slam dunk with a possible console version it has to be out this summer.... no later. Otherwise its going to be hidden being the star power of big, well-known games.

A couple of points are wrong with your post....

1. BIS has never 100% confirmed a 360 version of the game as far as I know. Yes, they have said next-gen (current gen) consoles and in-game videos have shown 360 controls... but thats not an official "Were making a 360 version" statement. Obviously Placebo seems to be saying theres still a high likely hood of a 360/PS3 version... but even his statement there is no confirmation, so don't go putting words in the developers mouths and then getting angry when your wrong.

I'm not angry in the least bit, I'm just trying to get down to the basics as to why BI will "probably" ( I don't think I said "will") release this game on 360. But you do have good points on points arguments here. BUT! I will just get right to the nitty gritty and say this, we all know that there is a contest/battle/bad blood/feud/war/etc etc, between codies and BI and I CANNOT imagine BI letting codies put out OFDR on 360 and not giving them a run for their money title like arma2. We all know who would win, arma 2, and yes it really does boil down to the "bottom line" because "IF" there is $$$$$ to be made in the console market BI "WILL" enter it, and there is BIG MONEY to be made now in the console market. They have data showing what the market wants vs what is available vs how big that market corner is, and right now there is no game like arma2 or OFDR on that market (NO, BF:bad company does not count). So using there sofisticated market research analysis data showing the market niche is NOT being feed this type of game then I am almost %100. . . . .well. . . . more like %98.9999 sure this game will come out for the 360, and yes I believe it would more than likely be out around that magic date: December 25.

Thanx-fish

Xbox live gamer tag = AFishegg (capital a and f )

Ok I re-read my post and I did say "That "is" what they will do. I retract and will leave it at I "believe" thats what they will do. I don't speak for BI, I speak for myself. ;)

Hey, I am a die hard fan of BOHEMIA because they made OFP1 the best game ever

I still feel that ARMA2 will play like OFP1 with all the improvemnets that the community wanted for years but YOU should rout for CODEMASTERS and OFPDR to be a hit as well.

If this happens then more game developers will look at this type of game not the COD/BF crap that most game play like today.

PS. I still want to know were you got the information about GAMESPOT and ARMA2 because here in MIAMI FLA they have no clue about ARMA2 for PC at this time.

Ok, Sorry for all these posts so close together I have not been on in awhile.

(1) I thought about what you said about how I should not despise codies, and well I guess even though you make a good point I just think that their game looks like a cross between a sim and a halo style shooter like they are trying to "win" both sides of the genre which is a tactic only used to try and inflate the bottom line and I don't like that because the final product suffers due to money issues entering the equation (It's no longer just about the game). However when push comes to shove I'm also on BI's side no matter what because I'm loyal.

(2) I think you might be confusing "gamestop" with "gamespot" as in gamespot the internet page. That is where I am seeing the info on arma2 @ www.gamespot.com. They had the release dates up for awhile, now of course just TBA.

Thanx fellow arma fans and I hope you guys don't think I'm upset or anything

I think stakex thought I was mad or something but I'm not, I'm happier than a crackhead with a 40 pound rock:yay:

Xboxlive gamertag= AFishegg