Sign in to follow this  
avibird 1

ArmA2 - The Xbox 360 thread

Secondary reason was probably to mess with people's heads ;)
Mission accomplished lol :)

everyone is pretty pissed off at dice for dissing the bf2 series and branching off to battlefield bad company. that game is not battlefield 3. what i hope is that arma 2 can take the place of bf 2 left off. i really think its a big window that b0hemia can grab that dice and ea left open. just look at deadly pass and back stab and reverse engineer that. you;ll have bf3 and a hit on the xbox.

everyone is pretty pissed off at dice for dissing the bf2 series and branching off to battlefield bad company. that game is not battlefield 3. what i hope is that arma 2 can take the place of bf 2 left off. i really think its a big window that b0hemia can grab that dice and ea left open. just look at deadly pass and back stab and reverse engineer that. you;ll have bf3 and a hit on the xbox.

What are you saying with this statement i hope is that arma 2 can take the place of bf 2 left off

It was OFP1 that made all sandbox games possible.

It was BOHEMAI that opened the eye's of the gaming world to FPS unlike DOOM gameplay.

It was BOHEMIA that cross a war simulator with video games.

WOW you should learn your history of games and welcome to the forum.

MR. Placebo what did you mean with this Secondary reason was probably to mess with people's heads

are you F with us now or do you know something that we all want to know. Please give a little hint lol.

What are you saying with this statement i hope is that arma 2 can take the place of bf 2 left off

It was OFP1 that made all sandbox games possible.

It was BOHEMAI that opened the eye's of the gaming world to FPS unlike DOOM gameplay.

It was BOHEMIA that cross a war simulator with video games.

WOW you should learn your history of games and welcome to the forum.

MR. Placebo what did you mean with this Secondary reason was probably to mess with people's heads

are you F with us now or do you know something that we all want to know. Please give a little hint lol.

exactly... i hope it leaves off where bf2 ended. it would be huge hit. im down like a clown..... ooohhhh weeee. :D no hating allowed

exactly... i hope it leaves off where bf2 ended. it would be huge hit. im down like a clown..... ooohhhh weeee. :D no hating allowed

Son what are you saying. BF2 had nothing on OFP1 but you never played so we will forgive you and god will forgive you to.

I, personally am praying it will be nothing like BF2

Run and gun Gameplay is NOT what Arma is all about.

If you want BF 3, you should go check out OFP2:DR, I heard they got something like that going on over there:nerner:

....You registered just to say that?

PS3 isn't confirmed, but it isn't really denied either. The words "PC and Next-Gen console" on the Arma 2 site could mean both 360 and Ps3.

Or god forbid, Wii

....You registered just to say that?

PS3 isn't confirmed, but it isn't really denied either. The words "PC and Next-Gen console" on the Arma 2 site could mean both 360 and Ps3.

Or god forbid, Wii

Yes :cool:

I hope to god it comes out for ps3 and 360 because, I am Dead sick of call of duty and battlefield.

( I Know different type of games but I want something different and realistic instead of arcade like )

Edited by a-pedestrian

Most gaming pc's nowadays can be built for around 600$

Just food for thought, because once you go pc, you'll never go back:cool:

bfbc was horrible. i never bought it. what a joke.

bfbc was horrible. i never bought it. what a joke.

It was a awesome online game on the consoles, and i never liked the pc versions, they couldn;t touch the awesomes of JO :yay:

i have/had lots of fun witk BFBC online. It's no OFP, but who cares, do we need 2 identical games??? No! We need spectrum and Arma2 and OPFDR should fill the 'serious shooter' void which exists long time on consoles.

i have/had lots of fun witk BFBC online. It's no OFP, but who cares, do we need 2 identical games??? No! We need spectrum and Arma2 and OPFDR should fill the 'serious shooter' void which exists long time on consoles.

yes indeed:bounce3:

Agreed,it's always good to have a variety of games. And as much as I don't like bunny jumping shooters,a lot of people I know do. So I'd rather deal with some minor annoyances than not be able to play with anyone I know.

AVIBIRD 1 When playing this game keep Chuck Norris home.

What is that about? I dont get it....:confused:

chuck norris is like rambo, he gets a gun and kills everyone, and thats something u can't do in OPF/Arma, since u simply get oneshotted :cool:

So any updates on the consoles yet. Any chances of the game releasing to 360 before this Summer or prior OFP 2?

This was a Quote from one of my boys (JAKE 34) when a noob would join are session we would see how long it would take them to go Chuck Norris and try to be a one man show.

1Nightmare1 no new information on the console BOHEMIA needs to get the PC out first and look at the bugs maybe then we will get a date. Just keep checking.

Hmmm, I do understand to an extent why Bohemia is trying their feet on this console release date issue. Primarily because they are trying to see if it's worth the trouble, in other words, if it will come out decent on xbox, rather than buggy game.

I really hope though that Bohemia will try very hard to bring this game to consoles, this game would make a great accet to console gaming.

Hi all

BIS released OFP Elite on the XBox and made money on it, this despite CM hardly spending a penny on advertising it, ergo...

In fact along with the rushed release of ArmA I and the money BIS made from VBS 2 I think they are the reasons BIS survived. CM not advertising OFP Elite, was almost as if they wanted BIS to go under? Which is interesting because CM would then probably have inherited the Real Virtuality engine...

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

Hmmm, I do understand to an extent why Bohemia is trying their feet on this console release date issue. Primarily because they are trying to see if it's worth the trouble, in other words, if it will come out decent on xbox, rather than buggy game.

I really hope though that Bohemia will try very hard to bring this game to consoles, this game would make a great accet to console gaming.

arma 2 would blow up on the xbox. theres a lot of die hard fans of bf2 that hated bfbc. arma 2 would be like the second comming of bf2, and the sequel to a game that never was. bf3. to be honest., if they had there own servers on xbox it would put the bf series out of business on the console.

arma 2 would blow up on the xbox. theres a lot of die hard fans of bf2 that hated bfbc. arma 2 would be like the second comming of bf2, and the sequel to a game that never was. bf3. to be honest., if they had there own servers on xbox it would put the bf series out of business on the console.

Reason BF 2 players hated BF: BC, was because EA likes to half-ass their games, they don't really care about pushing their games to the limited, as long as they get their proft.

Plus, Codemasters seem to do pretty well with OFP 2 on consoles. If Arma 2 won't release to consoles or a console(360) then OFP 2 will monopolize milsim or maybe even sandbox gaming.

HUH??? I think I just threw up a little.

If you think AA2 is like BF2, you may be disappointed as BF2 offers more of a twitchy, arcade-like gameplay experience. It's like comparing McDonalds to a 5-star restaurant -- fast, quick, crappy, processed food versus exquisite full course meal slowly prepared by a chef. That's probably not the best analogy, but it works.

AA2 will NOT be like the BF series of games, at least not based on BI's previous work. If it were, most of us who frequent this message board would not be here.

Plus, Codemasters seem to do pretty well with OFP 2 on consoles. If Arma 2 won't release to consoles or a console(360) then OFP 2 will monopolize milsim or maybe even sandbox gaming.
Sensible statement. CM's OFPDR could take the 'serious shooter' milsim segment on consoles simply because there is a HUGE void. Gamers who want to go beyond GR(AW), BF(BC), CODMW ... who want to get rid of (most) of the arcade nonsense but still want to fight modern day war will be attracted by OFPDR ... must be a lot of them. I wouldn't be surprised if CM easily sells 1 million copies per console, perhaps even much much more.

Beating MW2? no, but taking the void, sure.

On consoles, ARMA2 should 'slipstream' even if BIS releases ARMA2 earlier than OFPDR. Because BIS might have the game, but CM OFPDR has the name, not only Flashpoint, but also the marketing 'from the makers of DIRT and GRID'

And for console gamers? Having OFPDR and ARMA2 on 360 (ps3) is just a win-win. Beter 2 competing serious shooters than none.