Sign in to follow this  
avibird 1

ArmA2 - The Xbox 360 thread

Indeed, it's very likely the 360. Makes one ponder though, expected release is in 5 months or less and they still can't tell what console they're making it for.

Maybe they need like seven PS3's in parallel to run it and they're working hard trying to sqeeze it to just three biggrin_o.gif

I guess it is like this:

PC release Q1 2009

Console release TBD (hopefully 2009, and probably 360 because of Elite dev experience)

Also the fact that they have waited this long means its more likely, it takes a lot longer on the PS3 than on the 360, the 360 doesnt require as much effort to port from PC. PS3 requires pretty much a whole rewrite.

And the point about Elite, yea the experience of porting is now there, plus the console fanbase that exists is xbox.

I know it would be a lot of work but it would be great to see it on all 3, but i would guess BI has to go with the easier option.

ricbar89 that was my thought the 360 is the way BI needs to go just becasuse of the limited man power they have.

If anyone wants to play OFP#1 for the box, Me and some of my old friends with a few new people from the 360 that we are introducing them to the game are strating to play again.

Let me know and I will open a spot for you!

AVIBIRD 1 When playing this game keep Chuck Norris home!

If you make the game, They will play!

They are having enough trouble just to to do a simultaneous global release date for the PC version. That was the main reason for the delay into 2009 Q1.

Because of their limited man power, Don't expect a Xbox360 version for atleast a year after the PC release date.

My advice is to buy the PC version and enjoy it, then buy the 360 version when that comes out.

Or you can always buy a wireless 360 control pad for the pc and enjoy it that way. Arma1 has one of the most configurable control system on PC and I would expect the same for Arma2.

Placebo it's been a few months since I ask this question. Can you see if BI will give any new information about the Xbox 360 version or PS3. My self and a few xbox players are trying to spread the word about ARMA2 to the box community (COD4 and 5, BFBC, FARCAY2 and GTA4 players but I need some current information about console versions.

The only information right now from BI is TBA and codemasters is giving more information about the console and making console forum as well.

I know in my heart that ARMA2 will be more like the original gameplay with new improvemnets but it looks like codemasters is pulling in more of the console market then BI

The core players of OFP elite are still here but some are starting to jump ship due to no information form BI and

codemasters marketing to the console community.

I am a true fan of BI because (they made the game not codemasters) but they are starting to lose the battle of the console market in the minds of players because of some new rumors on various sites and lack of information from BI that the console versions is CANCELED.

Please help us help BI with the fight to spread the word about the best game that will ever be made to this date.

AVIBIRD 1 When playing this game keep Chuck Norris home!

The truth is out there. xmas_o.gifnotworthy.gifbanghead.gifhuh.gif

Because of their limited man power, Don't expect a Xbox360 version for atleast a year after the PC release date.

I don't know anything about porting PC-game to consoles, but would think that it's better (and only reasonable possibility) for BIS to release ArmA2 first for PC and then port it to consoles.

Ofcourse this kind publishing strategy necessarily isnt' best way to sell game well for both platforms. The one which is published (much) later tends to flop. But can't say that i know much about this either.

Could it be possible that PC-version of ArmA2 is completed already huh.gif

If Arma2 is ported to Xbox360 it would be the best game on it.

I don't prefer shooters on 360 because I own a PC.I am not the only one that prefers it that way either.

My son (8yrs old) dont even bother.he loves Arma,BF2 C&C but dont bother playing on 360 because he has a PC and its awkward to play on 360.We waste money buying those games.

Arma series because of the vehicles I think would play OK on 360.The 3d shooter part would just be awkward to me.

Would be losing a major profits by not having it on 360 (money sponge ,lol)

It would be awesome if PC and console were released at same time.

I also been fiddling with XNA programming and I dont see offhand how users could make missions and put them on their 360.You would have to be part of the XNA Creators Club and release them as addons and then it would most likely cost the end user some money to get them.Unless they were free addons.

Altho I highly doubt that I would play it much (you never know tho,get some awesome mp games going)

I would definately buy 360 version too ,even tho I have 5 PC's

And to also note that 360 games do get patches just like PC for those of you saying all console games are ready to play and perfect they arent

I would definately buy 360 version too ,even tho I have 5 PC's

Since it's Xmas, could I have some money, please?

... I dont see offhand how users could make missions and put them on their 360.

Errmmm?

Nothing could be simpler. Just take at look at how Far Cry 2 does that on 360.

1. Make map

2. Publish (to ubi server)

3. Others can download (from ubi server)

or even

1. Make map

2. Host map (others have to download to join, and can save map)

Plz don't make it more difficult and DONT pretend as if consoles cant do this and only superior pc's can 'handle' this.

Mission making AND sharing can be done on 360 (PS3) ... so JUST DO IT! (oh, i made my own crappy

... granted, the mp of fc2 is prtly broken, bt the map making/sharing works fab)

(And tbh, i don't care so much for mod making, but mods avail thru DLC would be welcome)

I to have both PS3 + X360 and my PC is currently less than medium spec and cant even run Arma 1,

I love both PC and console games, PC tend to have more depth but I love the ease of joypads and not worrying with my console that Ive got to upgrade my graphics card or ram every 12months. I do hope to see Arma of any kind on any console lol. I wish to enjoy the online running and stability that xbox live can bring. (few games excluded lol)

I do believe its well inside 360 capability to produce this sort of quality game without hitch. OK addons and such will not be like PC, which does serve more shelf life, but the pure playability factor would make its console release an awesome competitor on the game market. Instead the main war genre on console are mainly FPS, which I prefer not to play as I enjoy the eyecandy of seeing my soldiers kit lol.

Nothing could be simpler. Just take at look at how Far Cry 2 does that on 360.

1. Make map

2. Publish (to ubi server)

3. Others can download (from ubi server)

or even

1. Make map

2. Host map (others have to download to join, and can save map)

Lol , goes to show you how much I play my 360, dont have Farcry2 either

Only own about 8 games asides all the demos and free stuff.

The mapmaking/sharing sounds great

Just make a mission and host the game, OFP/Arma already sends you the mission on demand

I hope that Arma 2 doesnt deploy anything like the missions on Farcry2. I sadly bought farcry2 on Xbox just for the mission making. Spending hours perfecting it only to publish it and find NO ONE played it. Game traded in after 2weeks lol.

I like the OFP way and PC way of multiplayer. Server stability would be a must as Ive noticed that OFP has become 80% In Lobby or reassigning, 18% Lagging out 2% play time (CTI Only)

^^ So you expect to make a mission in ArmA2 and thousends of ppl will play YOUR mission??? Dream on;)

The reason why ppl don't play your Far Cry 2 MAP (btw a MAP maker, not a mssion maker) is 1. There are thousends of maps already 2. You don't have friends?

(don't worry, i have have the same)

The Far Cry 2 method is imho THE WAY to publish mission for ArmA2/OFP2 on 360 (in fact, i don't see any other way to do it on 360, cause your usual usb stick solution won't work with a closed system like MS/360)

Hey action replay is the answer it work on the xbox for elite just fine.

The only down side was no MOD's but who cares MOD's can open a whole new can of worms. Farcry 2 MAP maker, not a mssion maker right on MR maxqubit and he has no friends to play with LOL.

Hey TwentyFourSeven tell all the littel kids you have candy and a wii and they will play with you LOL.

AVIBIRD 1

When playing this game keep Chuck Norris home!

The truth is out there, If you look!

biggrin_o.gif

Youre, right, I dont have any xbox 360 friends lol.  I removed them slowly as I was bored of the one trying to make matches all the time while others didnt care.  I believe friends is wrong name for it from some of the people Ive met online.  

Ive been in clans on OFP and made many inhouse missions. So I like the OFP format.  Ive also got LBP on PS3, now thats a proper mission editor, There I have my missions rated highly and have had a 1000 hits with combined missions.  The publishing system on that is far better then Farcry2.  Friends or no friends wink_o.gif

Little Big Flashpoint wink_o.gifband.gif

I have an Xbox 360 and a PS3...but my PC with ArmA and OFP are what draws my attention again and again.

With all the teaser stuff on ArmA2.com and such coming out, hinting on a imminent (pre-summer 2009) PC release i would very much like to have some sort of confirmation (YES/NO) if ArmA2 will come to 360.

Questions:

1. Will BIS go for a simulateneous multi-platform release? (my guess ... NO, cause it seems it is too late for that with no signs of any console stuff)

2. When will something be said about a console release (which console, when rls)? I'm well aware that BIS says 'we cant currently say anything on the subject' ... but when (if ever) CAN you say something on this subject??

It would be handy to know if we (console gamers) have to wait till xmas 2009, 2010, 2011 of forever

Placebo I know that BI has many issues with the marketing of the PC game from different regions to multiple publishes but they need to let us know if the console release is still in the works. We don't need the date LOL. Just a hint that it will be so.

I tell ever person I meet on the 360 about OFP/ARMA/ARMA2 but most of them who never played are looking at OFP2 because of the marketing, target release date and word of mouth around the 360 community.

I am not here to say one game is better then the other only time will tell the truth about the gameplay But more people are looking at OFP2 BECAUSE OF THE OVERALL MARKETING OF THE GAME FOR CONSOLES.

If ARMA2 PC target date is still 3/20/09 BI should let the console community have some new infomation soon. Can you see if you can get any for us. help.gif

AVIBIRD 1

When playing this game, Keep Chuck Norris home!

If they make the game, They will play!

The truth is out there, If you look!

Unfortunately there is nothing to tell, until there is something to tell smile_o.gif

Well, for instance to the PC vs console debate here, I can say, that the only reason for me to defend PC version of the game is that when somebody asks about ARMA, I can proudly say, that it's called armed Assault and it's PC only game.

It kind of feels big, just like when Sony talks about Killzone 2, it's their game, it's only on PS3. It's sort of those things that you can have, but others don't, so it's very special to you,it's your game to you, but with now that ARMA 2 is heading to consoles. You can't anymore say it's your game, it's PC only....so it doesn't feel special anymore.

SO that's propably one of those big reasons why so many are against console release, it's just that when that happens, it loses that little feeling called special. It loses it's magic.

Same way how Killzone 2 would lose it's magic if headed to x360.  whistle.gif

You could always go for VBS2 if you want a PC only game smile_o.gif

And it's anybody's guess if ArmA2 console port will ever see the light of day. All BIS says is Next Gen Console that is to be determined. What the hell does that even mean? X360 is hardly next gen, it launched 2005. And the real next generation of consoles might not come out sooner than 2012.

If I have a choice between PC ArmA2 and 360 ArmA2 I'll go for the 360 version every time, I don't play games on my PC any more.

If I have a choice between PC ArmA2 and 360 ArmA2 I'll go for the 360 version every time, I don't play games on my PC any more.

And miss out on all these fantastic addons due? Must be mad! that said I did have a great time playing Elite  smile_o.gif

I feel the same one. playing on my 55 inch flat hdtv when my wife is rubbing my feet and what could be better lol.

Some people think the xbox 360 will not come out for a long time if not for the next system