Sign in to follow this  
avibird 1

ArmA2 - The Xbox 360 thread

My name is AVIBIRD 1 and I am a handfull of die hard players that sill play the original OFP ELITE. I have two questions that I need help with. How many players will be online. The PC will have 50+ and the original OFP had 24 players. Second During the interview with IVAN BUCHTA I think he stated that the 360 game was not yet developed however on same video clips with mark spanel I have seen XBOX 360 MAP on the load screen during an interview. If this is ture then the XBOX 36O will not come out until late winter or early 2010.

Edited by AVIBIRD 1

I don't think that BI can get away with a delay this time. First they made this mistake with OFP: Elite which was published when the Xbox1 was already way over its time (and the 360 already at the horizon) and to do this again will lead to the same result as with OFP: Elite (great game but not many folks playing it)

And this time there's a real tough opponent on the battlefield, any delay will make them lose ground to OFP2.

That's the reason i didn't buy OFP Elite. I had preordered my 360 and was hopeing Elite was going to be backwards compatible.

To be honest though, i wont be getting ArmAII for the 360 as there will be limitations in the editor.

To be honest though, i wont be getting ArmAII for the 360 as there will be limitations in the editor.

Do we know this? Where did you get that info from?

What limitations? huh.gif

(bar the obvious)

=- @ Oct. 10 2008,19:01)]who cares? consoles suck anyway, it´s for those who don´t know anything about PCs. And afaik and i hope, that there wont be any hybrid servers.

If you havent got anything decent to say shut up. Im an old PC gamer who now uses consoles out of ease.

Man some games are better played on pc's, sorry to say this to you guys.. confused_o.gif

But sure if this would have been a uber EA games battlefield 14 it would have been released in the right time and with the millions od dollars of marketing done to it..

Ofp and Arma is some of the games that are best played on the pc wink_o.gif Sort of like team fortress 2 also, on the console TF 2 had promised to bring custom maps and stuff, but they ouldn't cause some of the owners of Xbox or Ps network said no you have to charge the users cash for the custom content whistle.gif

There are more restrictions on developing to a console, i've meet real game dev's stating that for sure.. tounge2.gif

Man some games are better played on pc's, sorry to say this to you guys..  confused_o.gif

But sure if this would have been a uber EA games battlefield 14 it would have been released in the right time and with the millions od dollars of marketing done to it..

Ofp and Arma is some of the games that are best played on the pc  wink_o.gif Sort of like team fortress 2 also, on the console TF 2 had promised to bring custom maps and stuff, but they ouldn't cause some of the owners of Xbox or Ps network said no you have to charge the users cash for the custom content  whistle.gif

There are more restrictions on developing to a console, i've meet real game dev's stating that for sure..  tounge2.gif

What has this got to do with the topic?  icon_rolleyes.gif

Why does every question about a console have a poster going on why the PC is better?

whistle.gif

How about we keep this one ontopic.

Quote from Rocco: who cares? consoles suck anyway, it´s for those who don´t know anything about PCs. And afaik and i hope, that there wont be any hybrid servers. YO JACKASS what is your deal. What has this got to do with the topic?

Why does every question about a console have a poster going on why the PC is better? how about we keep this one ontopic.

Rocco my old man had a good saying in life you should follow it. ( SON IF YOU HAVE NOTHING GOOD TO SAY OR ADD TO A CONVERSATION THEN SHUT YOUR F##KING PIEHOLE).

Rocco don't make this forum like codemasters OFP2 where people just talk crap and have stupid replays to peoples posts. The BI COMMUNITY is better then that.

Rocco my replay to you beacuse I have something intelligent to say and then we can get back to the main topic of this post.

PC against CONSOLE games! Yes it sucks but PC games are on the down side with sales the past 5 years. You need a top line PC to run most new games and will need to add money to play new ones within a year. Most homes only have one PC and for a game like ARMA 2 a game could be a few hours if not more. Yes PC can handle more and bring a better product to the market but not sales and you know it's all about money for companies and stockholders. So the overall product will be a little less then it could have been SO GET OVER IT you will still have the best wargame on the market. PC players will still have they MOD from the community as long as the map editor is done right and console players will have downloads for some bucks LOL. No cross platform play MS is to controlling for that maybe PS3 who knows. PS do you PC players understand PC games can not make it alone anymore it’s all about the bucks the truth hurts. so game companies can continue to make new games for us.

PS. THE ONLY the restrictions on developing to a console

that BI stated at this point was number of players per map and map editor with construction points,adding cut scenes and written text.

Rocco I could have a nice debate with you why I switch from PC to CONSOLE games start a post or e-mail me LOL.

AVIBIRD 1 When playing this game keep Chuck Norris home.

Lets try not to turn this into another BS flamewar about consoles vs PC, the difference is simple.

Consoles are fully working out of the box game systems that run their games at max graphics with no to ever so little lag, don't require patches and experience the problems computers do.

Computers can do more yes (not talking about just games) but they can also run into bigger complications and far more serious problems, not to mention you require more then one object to run a game and it can be more costly. Each one has their strong and weak points.

That said, thus far I'm afraid there hasn't been any information given about the player limit on 360 server.

I don't have a xbox 360 so I don't quite understand how they operate but if I had to guess it would be the same as how ArmaI will work in that "The max count will be as many as the server can handle", taking into account the servers bandwidth and connection speed.

Or it may be more like OFP:E pending on how similar the xbox 360 is with its earlier cousin. I did a search for other 360 topics and none of them have any information about it either.

Xnodunitx Thanks for the replay. I know no real information out at this time for the xbox 360. I was hoping for one of the big boys that run this forum had some insight or one of the BI team members might drop a liitle hint. During an interview with IVAN BUCHTA I think he stated that the 360 game was not yet developed. I hope this is not ture. The main reason OFP ELITE had a poor outcome was it was delayed and when it was released the 360 hit the market. I feel BI needs to get the game going before or at the same time as OFP#2. I know ARMA#2 will play more like OFP in gameplay however time is everything in life. OFP ELITE is still the best war game for the XBOX and XBOX 360 but most people don't know about the game. I am a handful of players that still play OFP on the XBOX we are always looking for more players let me know.

PS. One more concern will BI have the ability to take the community mod's and make them part of download content from them. I know this brings up a lot of legal and safety question.

AVIBIRD 1 When playing this game keep Chuck Norris home! smile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

hi AVIBIRD, i was hb52 on OFP:E. look forward to seeing some other elite fans on ARMA2.

i think they will try and get the console version out on time because this time there is competition from OFP 2.

Quote[/b] ]OFP ELITE is still the best war game for the XBOX and XBOX 360

Unfortunately it doesn't run on the 360, friend...

Quote[/b] ]who cares? consoles suck anyway, it´s for those who don´t know anything about PCs.

Does this forum have an ignore feature so I don't have to read bs stuff like this all the time? Rocco, were you born as a knucklehead or did you learn it from other pinheads?

Yes Unfortunately, But what I was saying is that it is still better than any other game on the market for the XBOX and the 360 right now.

AVIBIRD 1 when playing this game keep Chuck Norris home!

AVIBIRD 1  when playing this game keep Chuck Norris home!

You seem to like that saying?

If you do not understand signatures, ask a forum moderator to add it, so every post you make will have it without having to type it.  wink_o.gif

=- @ Oct. 10 2008,19:01)]who cares? consoles suck anyway, it´s for those who don´t know anything about PCs. And afaik and i hope, that there wont be any hybrid servers.

I care ... and tbh, i know more about pc's than you

I do hope that the 360 version will have the same release date. I can't wait to play it on shiny graphics with no FPS issues. yay.gif Too bad the 360 doesnt support keyboards and mouses unlike the PS3. mad_o.gif

=- @ Oct. 10 2008,19:01)]who cares? consoles suck anyway, it´s for those who don´t know anything about PCs.

WL+1 for trolling.

I think I know quite a bit about PCs, and my gaming preference is using the 360 these days.

Right, there are just a few games that i rather enjoy sitting in a comfy seat with a snack nearby and a gamepad in my hands.

But also there are some that i prefer to play on a PC like first person shooters or tactic games like c&c.

... my gaming preference is using the 360 these days.

Is that so? smile_o.gif

Anyway, what ZiiiP said ... any chance/info on the 360 version being released at the same time as the PC version?

=- @ Oct. 10 2008,19:01)]who cares? consoles suck anyway, it´s for those who don´t know anything about PCs.

WL+1 for trolling.

I think I know quite a bit about PCs, and my gaming preference is using the 360 these days.

If you quote me, please quote the whole sentence, it´s my opinion and has nothing to do with trolling, consoles have limited abilites compared to pc´s.

=- @ Oct. 15 2008,15:38)]

WL+1 for trolling.

If you quote me, please quote the whole sentence, it´s my opinion and has nothing to do with trolling, consoles have limited abilites compared to pc´s.

Please get out of the topic Rocco, you have already made a fool of yourself. Why are you even here if "consoles suck", this is a console topic?

And yes it is trolling, what has it got to do with the question asked? Is it ok for me to go into a topic called "Whats your PC specs" and say PCs are crap bla bla bla.  No its completely pointless and off-topic and adds nothing.

And the same as Placebo, I use the 360 more and more now.

I hope the 360 comes out at the same time, when Elite came out I didn’t even know about it until I stumbled on it one day in a game store, never looked back, played both versions in the end. Ironic that I never discovered the game on the PC earlier.

tounge2.gif

I hope they just Elite ARMA, with map editor and control improvements, that would be great.  

But BI, try to let us know the game exists this time round. For example GT doesn’t even have a ARMA section, and I had to write the wiki for ARMA2 at Giantbomb, OFP2 (which im also looking forward to very much) was full of info.

wink_o.gif

And BI, please - don't dumb the editor down! Set an example that the editor can be as good on the 360 as on the PC, I'm sure it is possible. xmas_o.gif

Grim

=- @ Oct. 15 2008,15:38)]If you quote me, please quote the whole sentence, it´s my opinion and has nothing to do with trolling, consoles have limited abilites compared to pc´s.

I agree with the others.

Come back in about 10 years, and read the nonsense you are posting.

Edit=, and I sold my console, which I regret.

And BI, please - don't dumb the editor down! Set an example that the editor can be as good on the 360 as on the PC, I'm sure it is possible. xmas_o.gif

Grim

That wouldn't be very practical. The major part of editing is scripting, which no sane person would attempt on a console wink_o.gif

Mission editing can get very complex, which would be made much more difficult if the same editor was used on a console.

You also need to make sure people can't easily lag out the game with badly made missions. While BIS could make an "advanced" mode, Microsoft might still have a problem with that.

If the console versions can run missions made for the PC, then that would partly make up for the limitations of the console.

You could then buy both versions. Make missions on your PC, and then sit down with your gamepad to play them on your console smile_o.gif

That would be a nice solution for consoles owners that have PCs that can only play the game on low settings.

What really limits modding for the Xbox isn't the console itself, but Microsoft confused_o.gif

Just look at Unreal Tournament 3, the PS3 version supports mods but not the 360 version as far as I know.