Sign in to follow this  
[frl]myke

"Create your own billboard"

I'm not sure if power of 2 is quite right. smile_o.gif

I assumed that as long as the aspect ratio of the pic was the same as the billboard itself, ie 2:1 twice as wide as it is high, then it would work.

I'll try resizing them to 512 x 256. I'll change the order first to see if it's just that one file causing it or if the error will crop on the first file in the sequence regardless of which it is.

OK Myke.

Yes you were right, I change the file dims from 640 x 320 to 512 x 256 and it works just fine.

Also, using an M107 scope from a distance of 2km, the billboard was seen clearly. Not readable, but recognisable.

Great addon, love it. Many thanks.

Tanky -Paul-

My guys and I are having great fun with this wonderful addon. I'll post some youtube links later.

Meantime, I need a little guidance.

I messed about with the script that puts images in sequence on the signs. The following lines have to go in a script which is called by the init line.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

_billboard = _this select 0;

_interval = _this select 1;

_face = _this select 2;

_tex1 = _this select 3;

_tex2 = _this select 4;

while {alive _billboard} do {

_billboard setObjectTexture [_face, _tex1];

sleep _interval;

_billboard setObjectTexture [_face, _tex2];

sleep _interval;

};

That's fine. Because I have 50 (yes 50) little paa files to screen, I'm going to write a little loop to call them up.

However, with the init line code, it's more complex.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">nul = [this, 1, 0, "texture1.paa", "texture2.paa"] execVM "switcher.sqf"

Because I have to declare each file used in the anim here in the init, it's going to be nasty if I want 50 files in there.

How can I make this more elegant? Can I write a loop in the init line? Is there another way?

Cheers!

Tanky -Paul-

Perhaps I should clarify;

My paa files are called pic01, pic02 up to pic50. I want to know if I can use a loop in the init line pic(val(counter)) or similar. Same goes for the actual script itself. Can I use a counter and have it applied to a string to make a variable name.

Damn, I can't think of how to word my request. I've not earned my money through real prgramming in 20 year and am feeling a bit silly having to ask for help now!

It is banned...because of all the anti-BIS signs beng put up by neo-Marxist (Pro-SLA supporters) and right wing neo-fascists/anarchocapitalists.

I am sorry...you can not put up such signs.... it is wrong.   Freedom of speech stops here.    

Nah, I'm just lidding...was wonderng when I could put up my Jihadist "DIE INFIDEL" signs myself.  (joking...joking)  

Seriously, it would be good to see this addon posted back up somewhere.  

I'd like to see more funny signs like fake billboard advertisements for "Kalishnikov- the people's gun" and amusing things like that.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Sorry.... Yeah I was joking and drunk when I posted that... I need to edit that.... just to make it a bit clearer that I was joking.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Doh!  banghead.gif <throws scorpions down the back of miles' pants>

That's what I hate about being sick....your head is so elsewhere you grow all the more gullible. Just, don't try selling me anything guys, ok?  tounge2.gif