Sign in to follow this  
Raptor

CC:GM Teaser released

it seems promising smile_o.gif

indeed. Although it is just a teaser..

And it seems thats not the RVE 3 Engine used by ArmA2.

Probably because it's CGI wink_o.gif

Engine will probably end up being a more advanced version of RVE with some stuff from Black Element Software. After all, they need something that can handle huge maps.

Cool teaser though, the game seem interesting smile_o.gif

This is made by BIS? I dont know what to say biggrin_o.gif

The voice in teaser... it sounds so familiar, hmmm biggrin_o.gif

Ah ye, it's the one annoying form Armed Assault campaign tounge2.gif

When I saw the forum title 'Carrier Command', I thought to myself "Nah, it can't be that amazing game I played to death on my Commodore Amiga"

I watched the movie and heard the word 'Manta' mentioned, which was a dead givaway. I always remembered that the 'enemy carrier' was much faster than mine and a complete git to destroy, plus it was nearly impossible to find in the first place.

Although it was an early game, it was way ahead of it's time and from what I remember, the AI's strategy was amazingly good. If I remember rightly, some islands had very active volcanoes, pretty dangerous things when you're flying over the island in a Manta. I also liked how you could automate tasks using waypoints, bloody brilliant game.

What can I say except, I'm impressed!

umm, I'm aware it (the video) was released as a 'teaser' however having never seen/played the original and therefore having no nostalgic feelings for the game that vid told me shit all of what to expect. WOW, there's a game coming that has a boat and a plane AND a missle... confused_o.gif

Don't misunderstand me I am always keen for anything that come from the offices of BI but as I said I have no idea what this game is.

umm, I'm aware it (the video) was released as a 'teaser' however having never seen/played the original and therefore having no nostalgic feelings for the game that vid told me shit all of what to expect. WOW, there's a game coming that has a boat and a plane  AND a missle...  confused_o.gif

Don't misunderstand me I am always keen for anything that come from the offices of BI but as I said I have no idea what this game is.

Here's a little info on the original game..

http://amigareviews.classicgaming.gamespy.com/carrierc.htm

The intro matte painting is very nice, the rest seems a bit rushed if you ask me...

Camera work an animation are so-so... Note how they cleverly hide the lipsync and explosion...

It seems they just got their copy of e-on's VUE 7 and had fun with it over the week-end and said "why not make it a teaser trailer?" :

- Volumetric clouds flythrough...

- Open ocean...

- Text Editor (BI logo)

- Poser Import...

Nice to have something anyway...

Will they use Real Virtuality for this? Or another engine?

Looking good though. Will have to give this a go when it's released! Atleast it's a break for them from combat simulators... lol

Well, the teaser does what its name says, it's teasing. Quite good for something released such early. Not much information though. But for that to happen there's still quite some waiting time I guess.

Maybe I should order the books for some background story while waiting. With some luck a new Terry Pratchett hits the shelves as well, Fallout 3 did already, ArmA2 will be early next year I hope, same with Jumpgate Evolution and then there still is playing some old carrier command for old times sake. I guess I may have a chance to survive the waiting till somewhen in 2010 without going insane. No more insane as I am already at least.

Pretty impressive! Although is it just me, or was that death a little too... comical? tounge2.gif

rofl.gifwow_o.gif If we had chicks like that in ArmA/ArmAII I don't think any online missions would ever get completed(had to say it) Not my genere though, gl BIS with this though.

This is made by BIS? I dont know what to say biggrin_o.gif

The voice in teaser... it sounds so familiar, hmmm biggrin_o.gif

Ah ye, it's the one annoying form Armed Assault campaign tounge2.gif

I KNOW! I told my bro that the voice was familiar, he didn't think so,

Looks cool but if all that is in game I dont think I'll ba able to play it on my PC :D

The overly-dramatic music kind of ruins the mood, and what's with their uniform? Feels like I'm the only guy left who doesn't go "OMG TITS".

Aside from that, could be really cool.

humm mixed feelings (that was the opinion about the teaser)

Looking forward to see this IP executed with modern day resources. One thing i suggest (and the teaser remind me off...)

Don´t go with the "shining polished toy look" for the vehicles uniforms etc. Trow some dirt on it!

Look at Hollywood, if you must, they have long past that phase (even if George Lucas didn´t got it) I understand rendering shining plastics are easyer but nowadays you can certainly do better (its the age of the physic's)

Maybe is just me but really hate playing Little lego type objects that the sci-if video games keep on doing from rts to fps from Command & Conquer to Signs of a Solar Empire or even the X series

Do a modern day soldier looks more shining or "plastered" than a medieval one?

Just my 2 cents, looking forward

Being a big fan of the original CC game I am really looking forward to this title. Also nice to see BIS trying something else for a change :)

At least they wont be like ConMasters and say that this is ingame footage :P

oh wow this game looks great, will there be infantry gameplay!? if there is omfg.. i would buy 100 copies of this game