Jungle Fever

ver2.gif

Jungle Fever Redux

Updated October 2nd 2008

Jungle Fever Redux FINAL

Mirrors:

OFPNam: JF Redux

Old Jungle Fever v2 promo video:

Very old and crappy quality, but hey, it's a video!

Jungle Fever promo video

Youtube version

Regular video version requires xvid codec:

http://www.xvidmovies.com/codec/

Jungle Fever mission pack

Download

Post all comments, bugs and questions about the mission pack to the Jungle Fever mission pack discussion thread

EDIT, IMPORTANT! Download this missions pack, but do not unpack the campaigns that are inside. The ones that are included in the JF download are newer ones. Currently, this is an old version. I'm in the process of updating the pack with new missions and updates of the old ones. Sorry for the inconvenience, but I just now rememberd that I forgot to update the pack. sad_o.gif

To those who don't know what Jungle Fever is, here it is in a nutshell.

This project started several years ago when WRPEdit was released, when I started making the A Shau Valley island. I abandoned the project about a half a year later, and started again when WRPTool was found. I also started making some new objects for it and also used Ebud's great Ilo Ilo ones to get it done.

I joined VTE, one version of the island was released with it, then I left VTE and short while after I joined the Unsung. I remade the island a bit with the great new vegetation that the talented Unsung modders had done, and that led the island to it's current form. Somewhere along the way I also started experimenting with some unit modelling and well, various other stuff, and I learned A LOT during that time, most of it from Unsung. Unsung influenced the mod in a great way, and I'm happy it did. The guys kept pushing me with beta updates and new mission all the time, and this encouraged me to finish the mod.

This is the final blow. There still might be some small bugs, but those wont be fixed. This version is stable, and it works! More work will be done, regarding missions for OFP, and most likely addons for Armed Assault. Have fun!

and the changelog:

Quote[/b] ]

-added CRT medic

-added M40 Recoilless

-added mat49 and mat49 crt (7.52x25 SD variant for NVA CRT)

-added ppsh

-added browning HP

-added hush puppy

-changed main force vc and local vc textures

-added more civilians

-added navy seals

-added ia drang island

-added rattling gear when walking (different depending on unit) (thanks ECP and DynamicRange team)

-made footsteps louder (thanks ECP team)

-fixed marine and pilot vests

-armed the CH-34 choppers

-changed M60 fire sound (thanks WarriorX aka "The Pigman")

-fixed forest V shaped tree fire geo (thanks Jarppi)

-changed tokarev fire sound

-garand rifle added, HAW_garand, HAW_garandmag

-jeep and jeep with M60 added, HAW_willys and HAW_willysmg

-added HAW_sogrpdmag with 125 rounds, works in both deg guns

---after internal beta release

-changed SKS reload time from 0.2 to 0.5

-made civilians visible, scope=2;

-changed old M60 sounds back

-changed AK-47 sound (thanks WarriorX)

-changed grenade explosion (thanks WarriorX)

-added some new sounds for weapons (thanks WarriorX)

---after second internal beta release

-fixed ammo crate bug on gunship

-fixed marine vest

-fixed jeep bouncing issues

-changed sks reload time to faster

-added brown water (cfgMaterials, thanks PolishGI)

-made M-60 sound louder

-changed M1911 Colt model

-added female local VC and civilian model, HAW_jfsoldier5_lvc, HAW_jfpeasant6_vcc

Some pics:

cave3-1.jpg

game2oi7.jpg

These shots and many many more can be found at: OFP 'Nam screenshots thread at Hawknam.

I thought you guys have deserted to ArmA crazy_o.gif

Nevermind, I still do enjoy playing both games rofl.gif

Although ArmA is the norm, we still play OFP occasionally, since we don't have decent 'Nam stuff yet. That, though, is about to change in the near future. wink_o.gif

Thanks for the heads up. The Bra island is no longer needed on the server, so no need to look for it. smile_o.gif I'll update the list with the latest info. Thanks again for the heads up! smile_o.gif

Hey Sarge,

Glad to hear you haven't gave up on OFP completely smile_o.gif

I was watching the server and following the fourm to see if guys were planning to play. I saw no activity for quite a while. Will look to see if anyone is playing this weekend.

Hope to see you, X, Garcia, Reaver or who ever else maybe be on.

Thanks Zulu.

Ive downloaded this twice now and both times its stuttered on 58% and fast tracked to end early corrupting the rar content and im missing the 2 largest files the HAW_o.pbo and the Haw_jf pbo, any chance of a mirror jsut for those 2 files please... notworthy.gif

screenies look very smart.

Ok edit;; i tried a 3rd time using other mirror but same response the 2 files are corrupt sad_o.gif

Weirdest thing that. You had no luck with either of the downloads? I can upload to two files for you though once I get home.

Oh, I did update the primary download as it seemed to have a corrupt rar file. It has been working fine after the update. If you want and have the time, check it out once more. smile_o.gif I'll still upload the two files for you, just in case.

I just tried it and the file worked fine for me thumbs-up.gif

everything works fine. I'm glad nam boys are still in the mood of some gook chase smile_o.gif

I'll try to join you guys.

P.S. I'm also eagerly waiting for news about unsung in arma... wink_o.gif

everything works fine. I'm glad nam boys are still in the mood of some gook chase smile_o.gif

I'll try to join you guys.

P.S. I'm also eagerly waiting for news about unsung in arma... wink_o.gif

I'm sure you won't be dissapointed wink_o.gif

Found an old promo video of the mod. It's from version 2 and thus it does not reflect the quality of the current version. Still, it is a video of the mod. Could have been done better though. Take a look if you want. Two version available (both bad quality), youtube and regular downloadable video.

Old Jungle Fever v2 promo video:

Jungle Fever promo video

Youtube version

Regular video version requires xvid codec:

http://www.xvidmovies.com/codec/

I need link to mission made by WarriorX. Cant remeber name but that was a small coop (or single:/) on Haw_Delta island. Originally posted somewhere around here.

Thanks in advance!

I need link to mission made by WarriorX. Cant remeber name but  that was a small coop (or single:/) on Haw_Delta island. Originally posted somewhere around here.

Thanks in advance!

...geeehh.... so what was the mission about...? huh.gif

*listst through heaps of missions made so far*

You sure it isn't in the mission pack of JF? Well some info on what the mission was about could be useful while searching and finding it biggrin_o.gif

OK. I took a shovel and started to dig thru pages. So that's the mission I was looking and it's not included in the Jungle Fever mission pack.

This is it

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=66177

Link has expired so could renew it?

More SP missions not included in previously mentioned pack would be very appreciated. Thx.

Yeah okay. Give me some time, as the file is on my old PC which is no longer connected to the net. Will try to get it uploaded tomorrow m8.

And about other SP mission for JF, they are in the pack or in campaigns for JF. afaik, that little mission was the only one to be released seperately. smile_o.gif

If X can't come up with it I'm sure I have it and can host it for you.

@ Warrior X would you, Hawkins, Garcia or anyone else be up for a game this weekend? I'll check the JF fourms later this week to see if anyone is interested.

Well shoot... seems i haven't got that file anymore. Sorry Sudayev, couldn't find it anymore. So if Zuku1 as it still maybe he could post it for you.

@ Zuku1

Well friday is a no go for me, saturday is a maybe, sunday is also a maybe. Will know more once the weekend is happening. Just keep an eye on teh forums as you said wink_o.gif

If X can't come up with it I'm sure I have it and can host it for you.

Would you mind ?

Oh yeah baby! Vietnam time again! I like biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Oh yeah baby! Vietnam time again! I like

Hawkins did an outstanding job working with Warrior X to supercharge the Unsung Mod that X worked so hard on. I've played online a bit with Hawkins, X, Garcia, Reaver, Zwobot(CIA) and others. It was quite a blast, OFP Jungle warfare at it's best. pistols.gif

Hawkins did an outstanding job working with Warrior X to supercharge the Unsung Mod that X worked so hard on.

Wooooh?!!!!  crazy_o.gif  Let's get this straight before the rest of the Unsung guys send me unarmed up the hill to attack a VC mg nest!  goodnight.gif

I was/am a mission maker mostly within Unsung. There's a entire team of modders behind Unsung. Just look at the site: Squad page Unsung site (click me)

So it's not only me  rofl.gif  And with that said eurm...yah Hawkins is the only person responsable for Jungle Fever! The rest of us kinda euhm...took a ride on his glory....  biggrin_o.gif  Just read the JF readme and you'll get it all haha.  band.gif