Sign in to follow this  
Sven

Can\'t upgrade

What i want to know ........is can i get my disk changed by codemsters...from european v1.0 ,,,,to,,,,,usa ver 1.2.......if so i could then update to 1.30...i presume...do you think the'll go for this.....confused.gif?

I spent me money and i would like a game that works with my pc.........

if ya gonna sell a game that work on (SOME) NOT all pc's then they should say so........on the BOX...

Not when i've just bought it......ya. !!

Either give us a patch that works for via KT133 users or give us a disk that is updatable ...thats wot it says on the box......Multiplayer....??.....

Get ya act together boys & girls.......or go get ya selfs another job........stop ripping off joe public...

Boo..

weird2u2.......hes got a point!!! I´ll be happy to just get my money back and download the bloody thing!!!

@weird2u2

Forget it! I´ve got the US-Version 1.20 and can`t upgrade to 1.30 either!

I get the exact same message as Flashy......

Codemasters and BI, are you reading this? Get your act together, please, and release a patch without the copy protection!!!!

After all, you still got the FADE-protection, right? So what`s the point in torturing your customers with these ill-ridden update-extractions?

And I bought the US-version to avoid this upgrade-crap....

sigh!

whoa, this is getting better every post

i would like to put my problem:

when 1.1 or 1.0 to 1.2 appears no crc problem in checking, but a problem in UPGRADING:

"patch is probably damaged. You may need to download it again.

Error data in dta\hwtl\data.pbo, phase 1"

DETAIL; i downloaded 17 TIMES the 1.20 patch on different sites, (here too) and the message continues

PIII 450 MHZ 128 ram 10 Giga (disk space) 32 memory card viper 770 , asus p3b-f jumperfree atx motherboard, win 98

dma off, avonlady tried to help but nothing (but i thank u avonlady for the support, u're a great person)

reinstalled patch, ofp, and win 98, etc etc...

ok its your turn, reader to put your sad problem here. The more guys writte most fast will the problem be solved

"I love this game" - but i hate this patches...

Where are all the officials from this site who helped make this great but bloody annoying game???

For me this 1.3 patch has got to be the worst out of them all, patchy graphics, crashing to desktop, AI shooting perfectly through trees, bouncy flying and Aircraft that bounce whilst parked.

It's annoying how they can make a game whith an absolutely brilliant concept yet execute/produce it with such piss poor programing!

Stuff it I'm going back to 1.29, it worked better!

Maybe they jumped the gun like they did with world war ii online...just wanted it out on the market to start getting cash in, then worry about the problems when it suits them!!!

I just wrote to them again...will keep you posted if i get a reply!!

Good stuff Robarinodk, keep hounding Them! BIS and Codemasters.

I think you're right about them jumping the gun, and I think it happens more and more these days, so they can get the game out on the market then fix it/ patch it later!

hi

It is rather obvious here and else where that this game has been knowingly released with bugs.............

Do any of you dispute this fact? Even the novice can figure out that the disc has bugs.......let alone someone who does programming for a living...........

Therefore then, Codemasters have knowingly sold a product that is 'not fit for function and purpose '

In the UK at least, this is an offence in Law.

The time and effort that some ppl here have expended to get this game to work - almost runining their own PC

in the process - ought to be worth some monetary compensation......

In what other industry do you find such practises going

on?

Where the customer, in good faith, buys a product which should work but does not...then spends

many hours trying to rectify a problem at his own expense........

Can you imagine such a scenario in the automotive market? white goods market?

No, products like this would be 'recalled'....and that is exactly what Codemaster should do. Recall the entire batch of 'faulty' cd's

I spoke with Codemasters yesterday who readily admit

to certain er... um.... 'probelms' with the earlier release.

I would say to those of you who have given up, send

your OFP CD back to Codemasters...........but don't pay any postage....

If any of you are tempted to say ' show me any game which will work on EVERY system'

That is a cop-out because, as you will admit we are talking percentage of customers who have bought the disc based on the minimum spec listed on the box.

FACT:

The spec does not mention you MUST download this and that from the net at your OWN expense. To enable

certain features to work.............

You may also say 'we expect this and accept that we will have to spend many many hours of downloading and computer tweeking to get these games to work'

I suspect your youth will prevent you from seriously confronting these companies with legitimate complaints.

That in short, you are being sold products 'not fit for function and purpose'

Regards

One very happy person with a cool Å30 tea coaster...

(Edited by grillheat at 4:41 pm on Nov. 21, 2001)

Well said.

Knowing that we've been conned is one thing, but confronting BIS and codemasters is another.

Out of everyone who has already confronted Codemaster or BIS, who has actually had a reply from them? exactly.

I know how pathetic their responses are, so the only thing i will be doing is not buying any software with the BIS or Codemasters label.

At least we know why they introduced FADE into Operation Flashpoint. And that is to hide the duff programming.

I have had the same problem as all of you above. I also have a VIA chipset.....

But I could make these files not corrupt anymore by copying them from the original CD to the folders.

The problem I'm now facing is a corrupt ijl15.dll. It's not on the CD, but I think it's in the 1.10 patch. I really need a working one, maybe someone could mail it me?

Grtz, Cyberneer

cyberneer@achterdepc.nl

Once again i receive a new reply from codemasters and once again its my computer at fault.....or of course a scrathed cd as they put it!! (cd has been out of this box once and has been in my drive now for 6 days as i try and cofigure my computer to get the friggin thing to work!!!!!!!!! No scratches..).

The first reply of course i was told to update my drivers on graphics card, mainboard, cdrom drive, bios,etc! Aot of good that did!

..........................................................................................

Quote:

Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer

Services concerning Operation Flashpoint. Your query was dealt with by Rob.

The problem is due to the files not being installed accurately from your

original CD. This can be due to:

1) A defective CD - check for scratches etc.

2) Errors on your hard drive - check using Scandisk or similar

3) Driver problems relating to your CD - check for firmware

updates/controller drivers etc.

Please quote your ref. number in all further correspondence. IF YOU NEED TO

REPLY TO THIS EMAIL, PLEASE ENSURE THAT THE ENTIRE TEXT IS INCLUDED IN YOUR

REPLY.

Regards

Codemasters Customer Services

..........................................................................................

Do they honestly not follow whats going on with this s**t?confused.gif?

Anyway...time to e-mail them a third time... LOL

My 3rd reply to codemasters:

Dear Rob,

Do you people honestly have any idea what you are on about?? Do you not

follow official forums concerning the products you people release?? This is

now the second reply i have had from codemasters telling me to update

drivers etc on my (NEW) computer! When will you people admit that you have

released software with bugs that you refuse to acknowledge???

Please read the following (official) Operation Flashpoint forum.....

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard/topic.cgi?forum=4&topic=1817

If you people took the time to read here a bit you would quickly find that

the problem is in the software and not our computers! I have alot more than

the minimum requirement verifications on the original box i purchased!! Can

it be right that i pay alot of money for such a great title and then be

exspected to continously configure my computer to bipass a bug in your

software??

I hope very much to see an official reply from you on the board that i have

linked to you or a better solution than the original driver updates or cd

issues (scratches)!

Thankyou for your time

Rob (robarinodk)

(Edited by robarinodk at 12:23 am on Nov. 22, 2001)

Here's one for you guys...

"CD NOT IN DRIVE OR INSTALLATION CORRUPTED"

My CD IS in the drive...and it has no scratches on it as well.

WTF is going on here!

Some of you have done this and some of you maybe have not. For the latter, search The FAQ for "aspi". It has resolved many player's problems.

My 3rd reply today from codemasters....I truely dont think these people know what they are doing! Please refer to my reply to them above, the this is their reply to me...

QUOTE:

Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer

Services concerning Operation Flashpoint. Your query was dealt with by Andi.

Can you run a file called DXDIAG from your hard disc and provide us with the

results.

If you click on Start >> Run and type DXDIAG and click OK

This will display the DirectX Diagnostics screen.

To send the results, simply click on the button "Save all information" and

save it as a text file. All you need to do then is, attach the file you

saved to the email with a description of the problem you were experiencing.

Please quote your ref. number in all further correspondence. IF YOU NEED TO

REPLY TO THIS EMAIL, PLEASE ENSURE THAT THE ENTIRE TEXT IS INCLUDED IN YOUR

REPLY.

Regards

Codemasters Customer Services

.......................................................................................

LOL...I have already sent it 3 times now!!! Well...time to try again!

This topic went dead awfully quick and i still have problems! What happened to everyone else???

the problem is that many ppl have many problems and cant play this game and no reply form bis or codemaster.

the probl continues and the owners of the original games cant play for a crazy copy protection,

i payed here in south america 75 bucks (!!!, yeah here the games are very expensive) and now i think that honest owners of the game are feeling like clowns buying a great game with a crappy programation. And bis is still in silence....

this is very sad.

Games like hidden & dangerous had very bugs too, but u can play this game; and flashpoint had very serious bugs that nakes u feel that u bought half game...

Here's was I posted on another thread

If you're getting real MAD about the 'sound.pbo corrupted' error while checking, and you have a VIA Chipset (kt133a for me), just try this (I posted something about this on The Avon Lady)

- check last bios version

- upgrade to last 4in1 drivers

- don't swith off DMA on your IDE drivers, it's useless

Here's the trick : go in the bios, then switch your DRAM speed from 133 to 100. Install the 1.20 : GREAT ! No error when checking. Install the 1.30, then switch back the DRAM speed to 133. It works !

Thanks God ! This prevented me to commit a MURDER

Thanks for the tip chrisssss, but WHAT THE #### does memory speed have to do with a patch exe not running?!?

I am also a pissed-off customer with an original virgin 1.20 OFP bought in Canada that refuses to install to 1.30. No error messages, just a couple seconds of hd work, then -nothing. I've also done a clean reinstall and re dl'd the patch several times, but no dice- it's pooched. My 1.20 game works PERFECTLY and it's a sweeeet game, but waaaaaaaaa!!!!! I want the upgrade. BIS gave me a answer today saying please ask Codemasters, so i just forwarded now. We'll see.

Incidently, I sent them a DXdiag.txt file to pore over; we'll see if they blame me for their s**t code.

I have the same problem and it is pathetic that we are posting this in the "oficial" OFP forum and no one will give us a decent aswer for the problem. Instead some people here will sugest that is not the copy protection crap that is causing the trouble but the VIA chipset! Do they think we are idiots or what?

(Edited by Webwing at 2:30 am on Dec. 6, 2001)

OBiJuan,

This is the troubleshooting thread.

YOU say you have no problems, with patches or anything.

The only reason for you to be around would be to help people solve their proplems or at least try to.

I tried virtually everything that was posted and still have the problem.

Another issue is that most people here now more than average about computers and will mess around with BIOS settings and the likes but what about the guys that just bought the game dont have the time to waste looking for somenting nobody seems to know what it is?

I've helped people in the past.  I will continue to do so.  I just get irritated by some of the comments.  Just look back at the 4+ pages on this thread alone:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

one will give us a decent aswer for the problem. Instead some people here will sugest that is not the copy protection crap that is causing the trouble but the VIA chipset! Do they think we are idiots or what?

...we'll see if they blame me for their s**t code...

I truely dont think these people know what they are doing!

LOL...I have already sent it 3 times now!!! Well...time to try again!

Once again i receive a new reply from codemasters and once again its my computer at fault.....or of course a scrathed cd as they put it!! (cd has been out of this box once and has been in my drive now for 6 days as i try and cofigure my computer to get the friggin thing to work!!!!!!!!! No scratches..).

The first reply of course i was told to update my drivers on graphics card, mainboard, cdrom drive, bios,etc! Aot of good that did!

<span id='postcolor'>

and so on and so on.  Somehow, unless the programmers of OFP respond to them, they are feeling dissed.  If it's not their computer at fault, how can others not have the same problem?  This is what boggles me about the attitude.

How can you honestly expect BIS to account for every single hardware/software issue and have a magic answer right away when Windows itself has the same issues you are describing - just check the other support forums all over the Internet.

Is this how you honestly deal with your day-to-day life? b*tch and b*tch until it magically gets fixed without honestly trying to asses the situation? Do you buy a racing car without knowing at least how an engine works? Do you go skydiving without knowing about basic aerodynamics? No! Why do people expect to be able to use Windows computers without some basic knowledge?  

They ought to be able to, you say? That's what Macs are for.

I had the same problem with the upgrade before, re-installed Windows, both 98SE and Millenium. Didn´t work. Everything I tried was for nothing so eventually I gave up and (God forgive me) concentrated on other games for a while. Later I bought a new harddrive and thought, what a ####, let´s give it a go and you know what? On the new HD with ME I could finally upgrade OPF. No problem since. Kind of odd wouldn´t you say?