Sign in to follow this  
Col. Faulkner

Oxygen's UVEditor

Real basic question.  How do I get the selected faces appearing in the UV editor to "stick" so I can select another set of faces?  Simply put, when I select one side of my object, it appears in the UV editor fine.  When I switch back to O2 and select another side or top of the object, when I go to the UV editor the original selection has been replaced by the second selection.

Thanks!

You have to unwrap the whole model in o2 itself. When everything is unwrapped to one plane view you can select it all and press UV editor. It should all show up as you have Unwrapped it.

At the moment you just select the side of your model and press UV editor then in o2 the other side and press UV editor again?

Attempting to teach myself how to do this stuff.  I was following the RIP31st method (not unwrapping really).  My model is a simple wall - all flat surfaces.  I select a face (either using 't' or using F3 and selecting the associated vertices), switch to the UV editor and hit 'tab' and the selected face appears no problem.  My hangup is when I select another face, the first disappears (the outline in UVeditor).  Obviously a real basic misunderstanding on my part about using O2.  The tutorials out there are good in explaining the concepts, but assume the basic understanding how to get these done in O2.

Solved my problem, and like I thought, it was "simple".  In order for the selected faces to be "set" in the UVeditor it is necessary unselect them in O2 (click on an empty spot) *before* selecting new faces.