Sign in to follow this  
cain2001

What league / tournament sites are left?

What league / tournament sites are left?

I know STG is setting up a C&H tournament called Last Stand http://stgclan.eu/forum/indexEN.php and #DK# hosting a tournament on the "Warfare map" http://www.dragon-knights.info/forum/.

We got IC ArmA running and AtoW but is there any for Clans out there? ECL is taking a break and Gamers Club isnt running their show anymore or??!

The reason why is im thinking of creating a little place where teams can play vs eachother, you could call it a league but it would mostly just consist of forums. There could be 2 divisions created, one for CTF and one for C&H. Teams would be allowed to play in both. I know there are some clans out there playing on public servers but I havnt seen them in any leagues. Could this be done? I put a thread out on ECL forum with a bit more details. http://www.european-combat-league.com/modules....ic=4854

cain

What would be quite good is a league that does decent PvP objective based/realistic vs. mission that didn't so all this CTF crap you see all over the place on PvP places.

My clan would probably actualy use them then.

But yeah, I havent seen many clan PvP leagues around of late... Anyone know of any?

What would be quite good is a league that does decent PvP objective based/realistic vs. mission that didn't so all this CTF crap you see all over the place on PvP places.

My clan would probably actualy use them then.

But yeah, I havent seen many clan PvP leagues around of late... Anyone know of any?

If there was a reasonable way to make entertaining pvp missions with a realistic setting, we'd have seen many of them by now. No respawn means sad times for the majority of players, mission-like objectives don't work because players don't have a "safe" mode like the AI does and unbalanced equipment or other factors make the map bad for competition. The attack & defend type maps out there are without exception boring sniping stakeouts with very little action and opponents.

IC ArmA is the biggest and most organized tournament out there, only it's not made of clans but two sides with 30-50 players in each battle.

Realistic gaming is what I call a balance of commen sense. You cant make a map by randomly placing buildings in the desert and expect people to enjoy it. You cant place 4 M1A1s with 60s respawn time on a small C&H map because it ruins the gameplay for the rest of the players. Ive seen alot of leagues and they all have the same common denominator. They are the work of one persons thought rather than copying a working style and use it. For players to enjoy a good map it has to be simple, easy to play yet give the challenge of a difficult task. Teams want 3 things in this game. They want a list of vehicles and weapons avalible for them to use, a map showing which 3 objectives they have to take and a date when the battle will take place.

OFP and ArmA never achived a PvP professional gaming level. If you look at other games theres 25.000$ price money for the winners and the quality of the gaming is top notch in general. Only decent attempt to get there was OnlineWarfare who had a price money set to 100£ for the winners aswell as real "Dog Tags" for the players in the team. However, this was at the very end of OFP and it was just hard to get 8 teams who could finish a tournament. This can be done again but requires too much work so why not go for the playing to begin with?.