Sign in to follow this  
rundll.exe

Warfare v1.1 RBT

warfarerbt.jpg

Hi, im presenting this warfare modification on behalf of Benny and Revellion since they lack the time to present their work (constantly working on the mission). So all credits go to them.

The RBT (Revellion Benny Tweaked) version is a Warfare mission that focuses on gameplay and adds tons of new features, without aditional addons. The mission is under constant modification and its never "done" ***:wink_o:

The newest versions are playable at XR and sulcorp server for a while and are highly popular there. From now on its downloadable for everyone (see below)

A list of some of the new features and modifications

Changelog:

*A remote buy menu to from any building anywhere.

*A reworked GUI to be more 'accessible'

*Ability to remove any kind of defenses by pressing 'Delete' (nearest defense next to mouse cursor is erased).

*A new unit : Fake HQ (can be deployed only once).

*A new town type: "Huge Town" (Corazol for N&S version) ***with a maximum Supply Value of 260.

*Jets can be bought from Aircraft Factory for 150% of their original price in Airports Hangar.

*RACS Skill increase from 0.2 to 1.0 to make the game way harder.

*OPFOR/BLUFOR Units got an improved learning script (the more it kill the more the skill increase).

*New Structure item: Command Center.

*Vehicle Lifting via Choppers (mando hitch).

*An headbug fix button.

*Automated Supplies Truck get auto-refueled when they got a fuel level under 25%.

*A button to respawn Automated Supplies truck in case they are stuck.

*New defenses items: Minefield, Ammoboxs, Large walls, M2 mg

buildmenu.jpg

Command Center functions:

*Allow the commander to make upgrades. Allow a multiple respawn system. (at every command center)

*Allow player to call certain kind of support from the Command Center Interface.

*Give the commander multiple strategic support tools (ICBM, Napalm, Chemical Strike...(Can be turned off at the begining by setting "No Arty" mode on)).

*Allow Suplies Trucks Refilling.

*Allow fast travel to Towns , other command centers and base within 3km.

cc_upg.jpg

Upgrades:

*Satellite Camera.

*APC Paradroping.

*Paratroopers.

*Units Camera.

*Artillery Upgrade.

*Airfactory Upgrade.

*Countermeasures Upgrade.

*Heavy Vehicle Factory Upgrade.

*Light Factory Upgrade.

*Barracks Upgrade.

upg.jpg

The mission is currently available on four islands:

South Sahrani

Full Sahrani

SAP_Everon

Yanutha

Currently a version for Avghani and Schmalfelden are planned.

Now the most important: the download:

defunct link removed

You can find the newest missions here, along with the download for additional islands.

Ask, praise, discuss! (in here or on our Forums)

Edited by W0lle

Wow this is really good these guys must know the scripts like the back of there hands! smile_o.gif You all did really good, it was funny because I didn't know the real ranges of the bombs so I blew up pretty much everyone around me! LOL, there were random glitches every where but it never crashed which was good, I'm lovin the Mines and some features of the command center like the Satalite View

Some very interesting features! I'm wondering if you also made the AI make use of mines, chemical attacks, napalm attacks, jets etc.

Doomguy

Nah! if he did it would get to crazy! trust me the a.i. would kill itself and plus take too long to use it... I'm wondering if the A.I. would deploy the command center by itself?

woah thats massive amounts of changes! Will be interesting to try this version out thumbs-up.gif I like the skill learning for the A.i's smile_o.gif

Remember this mission is developped mainly with pvp style in mind.

The AI commander has changed little from the original release I think. Maybe in the furure a coop version is made.

Also note the new Invasion version (RBTI) on Sahrani. This mission always starts on one of the islands around sahrani. Your job is to Invade the main island, either by boat or by air.

I like that idea would it be possible to do that starting on one of those big navy ships that planes fly off of?

Its possible, but we aim to use no addons.

When there will be an addons version it would be a nice feature, I agree.

I just got finish studying benny's scripts! You all work really hard and after some hard studying I learned much more about the diffrent scripts within Warfare. The way you all implemented the upgrades was genius! I still wonder how you all decided what went with what.

I really like this modification of Warfare. Although there's one "feature" that i found annoying:

Player units as medic.

Happened more than once that AI units started healing at me and blocked me...bad if you just was about to attack a T72 biggrin_o.gif

Besides this, great mod.

Hi and congrats by your great version of warfare.

i think i have found a bug.

The IA is unable to buy AT,AA, snipper, speckops soldiers, even wen i upgrade the barracks at he begining of the game.

I think the Other uogrades work but i have t test it!!

thanks so much for this version

Hi guys

Tried the maps you made and they crashed my server every time. Im using a number of server side addon scripts including six-pack and truemods. Cant identify what may be causing the problem but it is consistent. We play with the same scripts on other warfare maps with no problems.

Hmm thats odd, and hard to find. A solution is to disable the scripting addons, like truemods and ecs, one by one, to find outs whats the problem.

Did you try it without any addons loaded at all?

Nice to see this version now in public. I've been playing this at the XR-warfare few months now. Great warfare-modification and Benny just keeps making it better. Server is always full. So let's hope this version spreads out more to other servers too. Can't wait to see this on some other islands and maybe with some other addons aswell. The Sahrani is starting to become a bit too familiar.  thumbs-up.gif

Hmm thats odd, and hard to find. A solution is to disable the scripting addons, like truemods and ecs, one by one, to find outs whats the problem.

Did you try it without any addons loaded at all?

Yea I know. Im lazy. Hopefully I can do this this weekend. We use alot and they work perfectly with ICED Warfare and Xeno Domination.

It´s a fanastic edit of the warfare mod, i just hope more servers would load it, XR is always full! smile_o.gif cant wait to play the avgani version!

Hi how do i change the starting music to a custom one?

I added  entries to description.ext file and added a trigger but there is a different sound when i start, checked around the tons of scripts but i couldn't find it.

Ignore the above stuff, i had messed up cfgsounds and cfgmusic and accidentally added a original track at the same time tounge2.gif

tonight, I tried the 3-way mission where you can play as Independant on N&S 00083: loved it. Was the first release of it and I love where it is going. Great work gents.

tonight, I tried the 3-way mission where you can play as Independant on N&S 00083: loved it.  Was the first release of it and I love where it is going.  Great work gents.

Yeah, its a good idea, especially for those who want to lonewolf.

It's not perfect though. If RACS players save up for T72 they can go straight to the OPFOR or BLUFOR base and destroy their bases before they're strong enough... so maps sometimes end within 15 minutes.

So it'll probably have to go through some revisions until its more popular to play more often on the server.

Benny's the one behind all the new scripting... he has said he is under a lot of stress this month so he's taking a bit of time off, to be back later in October.

Here are some bugs to report. All captures are from xr-server:

AI Dudes sunk in ground or just standing doing nothing. You can't even kill them:

bug1po5.jpg

Script error:

bug2bi6.jpg

Second script error:

bug3oq6.jpg

100 supplytrucks (or more). Got this when AI comm was selected after human comm disconnected. They are east but without drivers:

bug4nb5.jpg

Benny and Revellion, you are doing great work with Warfare RBTI! Warfare community is eagerly waiting for working and balanced RBT 3-way!

Thanks for your hard work.

pistols.gif

The problem with this map is that with every creation there has been something else to worry about so it feels like ea games patching up their games.

Surely this map is by far my favourite but rather want to see some ballance fixes instead of adding features.

Its nice that i can buy prototype planes now but I can still put the enemy team to a complete halt by taking over 1 encampement near them creating a giant ctf maze filled with landmines under their heavy and airfac. But cant finnish the mhq because of the mhq wall exploit, so i wait for a friend with extremely large vd to laser the base for gbu plane who needs to drop all gbus to do at least a bit of damage against stacked buildings.

I can think of 50 exploits on each basic warfare map which had a considerable effect on the outcome of the battle. They are known to most players and programmers yet basic faulty engine is remained intact while adding features upon a unsteady gamesystem.

For example walls are still in this game. The island has many mountains and often ground vehicles use this different in level of terrain to fire over these small walls. I know little occasions of where a wall protected me from enemy fire compared to the uses i have seen to exploit defence on mhq and buildings, wallingt in spawnsite that are already hard to take if some noob player spawns around you every 10 seconds, walling in roads, tossing tanks, screwing up ai suply routes and trapping players.

Its bad that after so many attempts this is one of the best warfare maps and people can still use the spawnworm tactic to win a game from day 1.

( 2 guys take a town and move to next. When encountering enemy town they split up to get at least 2 spawns. That way enemy advances comes to complete halt because it is almost impossible for the enemy irradicate these guys. Perhaps finally after long battle these 2 guys win a town but then enemy uses same tactic so both teams are basicly stuck. What a pvp game should be like: 2 players go to town if they are better players they should win there and move to next if they worse they should die and not be back there for another good minute. Even battlefield 2 has better spawn idea than this.)

notworthy.gif

Thank you very much for creating this map/mission.

It is a great addition to the game on top of warfare.

It took me a while to figure out all the roles of the different untis, specialy the commander but once you know them they are all very straight foreward.

It is also great that since the last patch there are full servers that play player vs player cti.

De upgrades make it that you all have to play as a tactical team to ensure victory.

Great work and great players on your server, thanks a lot.