Sign in to follow this  
computica

Making A.I. units do Much more on there own.

Hello Everyone! I am Computica! I am here today on these forums because I've became an armaholic just 3 days ago! Since I play Warfare buy myself and not online all the time ManKyle opened my eyes to scripting the Warfare code so I would like to post my 2 Versions of Warfare Based on Mankyle's Air Unit Script. I added only original units from the game... hold on I need to figure how to attach it.. give me a sec... If it doesn't work I'll send it to you all to pass around I'll also upload it on alcholic I think. Anyways I made a 64 player version of Warfare (I play buy myself ;>) then I said I'll double it so I did. I got a fast comp and the only time it will lag is in the city. And my settings were on high, not very high! View Distance was about 3000-5000 I guess!? My comp runs 10000 no prob on 64 players. 128 players is the limit I'll comeback and list more details...

Scratch that here ya go play on LAN for a while set how many bots you want I cut AirCraft prices down at resonable rates and I even refined somethings ManKyle didn't Mention, oh this means AI spawns all vehicle except airplanes on there. oh and I'm looking into that as we speak!!

http://hosted.filefront.com/computica/

I'm still updating the files so I'll be throwing up new ones as T7, T8, T9, T10, etc. OH AND THANKS MANKYLE!!! smile_o.gif

EDIT 3:

I still need help though I would really like for the A.I. to Capture and use Airports on there own without having to be there! Same with players, unless you know how to fly and shoot a ground target planes are just too useless for me. Oh yeah I really beefed up the Resistance too, Yo I'm about to get some zzz's my fingers hurt from all that scripting... Oh I uploaded the N&S Version too without all the fancy scripts! took me a while to disable all of that...

Edit 4:

Ok I fell in love with the Sakakah_Al_Jawf Warfare map so I'm gonna add up to 32 player support A.I. Choppers Grenade Launcher for the East side and... Motorcycles I guess...

I found out that I forgot to change these numbers in the Description files...

-----------------------

class Header

{

gameType = CTI;

minPlayers = 1;

maxPlayers = 16;

};

-----------------------

I might have an idea to have the A.I. spawn Airplanes at the Airport but I don't know how to make it into an capture priority yet... For the HQ Defense A.I. I want to make sure you can use the Artillery Strikes. I might have to check out some of the Server files...

EDIT 5:

I just figured out the Airport is owned by the resistance so I think it would be sorta cool if the could throw out camels every once and a while. I think if I want the Artillery to always have 3 units then I'm gonna have to make I sever script to do so. I need to make a script where it checks and verifies the current players mounted  and spawns or moves players (HQ Defense Units) to it...

I'm thinking about making the A.I. be able to buy things seprate from that of the player...

I firgured out there were plans for Large Walls???

EDIT 6:

Ok I made a 24vs24 48 player Version Sahkaka Al Jawf or what ever the name... Anyways Not many bugs on my side but I did include the content from Queen's Gambit, I gotta test out the MERCs and I still don't know how to include the Hammer GL Ammo to the ammo list, the only way I know is by switching the ammo (East side only) to AK47 clips (not SD) then Clicking on the HAMMER on the Weapon list (which works perfect) the game automatically will convert them (Ak47 ammo [NOT SD CLIPS!]) to 6 clip shells... Download is at the link:

http://hosted.filefront.com/computica/

EDIT 7:

Okay I'm going to Remake the Sakka Al Jawf Map by slowly Upgrading the code. Question though, What do the M203 Smoke Grenades do in warfare? Can I set those up to make scripts? Like an ammo crate LZ or an Sqaud Parachute LZ that comes down from the sky?

EDIT 8:

Just for an update I noticed my uploaded .pbo files were missing the Island names... I will replace them with new names so they'll show up, either that or a zip...

I've decided to beef up A.I. skill to a reasonable .70 on "setskill" and "skill" Commands I just have to be carefull...

EDIT2: I'm running test right now to see if the A.I. will use Airplanes, This will be awhile...

EDIT3: Nah I'm gonna have to come up with a new script but I also safely updated the Sakka Al Jawf Warfare to 1.1, For some reason the Team Status Menu is basicly blank...

My newest test is done for sakka Al Jawf, only error that is no biggie at all it just tells me that I forgot the ";" at the end of an Exec command I fix it later, Just go to the file front link and when you play notice all the cool things A.I. will do. The A.I. Perfectly uses the choppers like there supposed too, and for those who like constant action and big battles, well this is sort of for you...

This is basicly the Wafare 1.1 version of Sakaka Al Jawf with extra A.I. stuff unlocked. An Content from Queen's Gambit thrown in. Although the 6G30 works I don't know how to add the ammo for it in the ammo list...

http://files.filefront.com/Warfare....fo.html

Edit your old posts rather than make new ones before anyone else replies, or the mods'll string you up! Its not pretty when they get involved...  crazy_o.gif

This forum is anemic in its activity. There is nothing wrong with posting multiple times in your own thread.

I have been fired upon with an East helo in the ICED version of Warfare. Don't know if there were additional scripts involved, and it happens only occasionally, but it does happen.

This forum is anemic in its activity. There is nothing wrong with posting multiple times in your own thread.

I have been fired upon with an East helo in the ICED version of Warfare. Don't know if there were additional scripts involved, and it happens only occasionally, but it does happen.

What did you mean in the ICED Version? I still got some fixing I could do in the 48 player Sakka Al Jawf map... I'm gonna take a break from ARMA for a while though. I've been playing a few RTS's but if there is anything you all want fixed just post it and I'll see where I went wrong and update a new one. I also seen that almost 20 ppl downloaded the Sakka Al Jawf Revamp, It's pretty fun, I don't play with a full 48 players though. I'll redo some other maps later too.

Well, I have added the airports to the location list so they can be captured.

I will post the code soon. I'm also working to enable the fixed wing planes and also to enable parachute teams over enemy locations.

Anyway I will post code soon.

EDIT: I have posted in another thread the code for enabling the AI capture of the airports.

Unfortunately I have somre problems.

- What I cannot manage now is how to make the AI use the airport for building planes.

- I would also like to be able to load troops in choppers. The I would be able of loading para troops in planes and choppers.

These troops could then be able to eject near enemy positions.

If you look in my AT teams list you'll see how i enabled troops to get in the heli, they rarely parachute though, they would rather be a certain distance to the ground when they depart.

I'm about to get back into modding and this time I'm gonna do more maps!

Make sure the file names look like this!

Warfare_SAJ_Comps.Sakakah.pbo

Warfare128V11AIFLYEdT5.Saralite.pbo

Then they shuld show up in the List...