Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

ArmA's min aircraft altitude 97 meters...

I'm curious. Is there a way to change the min height an plane flys? ArmA seems to be set at 97 meters for aircraft and ~ 59 meters for choppers. Can this be done in the config by adding an event handler to a script? OR is there other ways.

I know you can set flyinheight in the init of a vehicle in the editor or script. But say if you told your AI to hop in a plane and fly it and the plane happens to drops large bombs that will destroy the plane at 97 meters because its too close to the ground when the bomb goes off. biggrin_o.gif

Is there a way around this?

Adding both a getin and an init eventhandler to set the flyinheight command should do the job. I'm not sure if there's a config setting for it.

Well there has to be something out there because the planes all fly at 97m when they start. I gotta figure this out.

Guest RKSL-Rock
Well there has to be something out there because the planes all fly at 97m when they start.  I gotta figure this out.

I suspect its hardcoded into the engine.

My best guess is that 97-100m is the safest altitude for the AI to start at in a a fast moving plane. It would give them the ability to avoid most objects in the ArmA world and react safely to terrain changes. Apart from using waypoint and " flyInHeight 40" etc I cant think of another way.

You could try to put the setheight into the init. I'm not sure what line you need to use but I'm sure it can be found in the command ref.