Sign in to follow this  
{USI}_Zombie

frustrating error

in my edit of warfare I keep getting this error:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Error in expression <column1,_columns1 Select _column2,_rows Select _row1,_rows1 Select _row2];

};

_>

Error position: <Select _row1,_rows1 Select _row2];

};

_>

Error Zero divisor

I have found that line of code in the common/functions/common_getteamstatus.sqf and have reviewed the script on a version that generates the error and on a version that does not generate the error.

I am using ace islands, and 1 of the versions I compared was also on ace islands, and it didn't give the error.

I have added several starting locations and several more towns, and don't get any errors from them, I can't imagine that adding more towns would cause that error above when I click the team status button. It seems to be looking for the location of my teammates because it says in the right of the screen "rifleman healthy at "x"<null>" where "x" is the letter componant of the location.

It looks like it my be missing a bracket ">"

<column1,_columns1 Select _column2,_rows Select _row1,_rows1 Select _row2];

What are you working on? (Just Curious)

I am editing ck_claw's warfare on ofp islands, by adding more captureable towns and such, and tweaking some of the scripts.

It seems the error is caused by ace_ofp island because the script is exactly the same as from the warfare mission made by bis. I guess the coordinate system in ace islands is either not optimized or isn't 100 percent compatable. Units will report they are at 187325 for example, but that script wants to say they are at ba15 for example...I even merged the warfare 1.1 from bis with an empty ace islands and the error showed there.

I am guessing it's one of those things we will have to occasionally deal with, because I have NO idea how to edit ace islands to see if that can be fixed.

I would be happy to share warfare11_32_usiv12 with the community, but since I have used ck_claw's work as a baseline, and he used matts scripts, I think I would want permission from BOTH of them before I distribute.