Sign in to follow this  
eble

F35 Lightning II - JSF

I guess a greater being is telling me I shouldn't be converting/making addons.

the only one who commits mistakes is that who makes things   wink_o.gif

keep up the great work , and thanks for taking your time in these great addons  xmas_o.gif

Has this happened to anybody else?  I lased a target for the F-35 and the ai F-35 was in a shallow dive.  When he released the LGB, the aircraft stalled and crashed.  So I flew the F-35 and in a dive, the LGB is released in such a way as to cause the F-35 to stall (it looked like the bomb was fired from a gun instead of released like a bomb causing me to stall too) .  Level flight the LGB drops away with no stall.  Weird?!

GD Mast

Has this happened to anybody else?  I lased a target for the F-35 and the ai F-35 was in a shallow dive.  When he released the LGB, the aircraft stalled and crashed.  So I flew the F-35 and in a dive, the LGB is released in such a way as to cause the F-35 to stall (it looked like the bomb was fired from a gun instead of released like a bomb causing me to stall too) .  Level flight the LGB drops away with no stall.  Weird?!

GD Mast

It seems that when I dived towards the target and let loose a couple of JDAMS, my aircraft was brought to an almost standstill. Shortly after I stalled...

Southy,

The reason for the above reported problem was covered in a recent tip/recommendation by me in the Modeling Thread;

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....;st=135

The weapons need weight in the geometry LOD, but DO NOT need "Find Component" which means they collide with stuff, including the plane that launched them. Weapons models do not need to collide to explode on a target, they explode by proximity.

Highly recommend you do this change for ALL you aircraft weapons, F35 and others.

We are currently using the ACE mod, and the JDAM's on the F-35 have a bad habit of departing the plane when fired like a missle. Anyone have an idea on how to fix it? We would like to use the aircraft with the ACE MOD as it really steps up the realism factor. We are hoping the addon maker will be able to fix it.

I think I may have fixed it, tho with all the version released on around christmas I wanted to let the dust settle so to speak.

I'll finish testing and release a new version later today tomorrow.

Southy

Great stuff! Did you manage to make the sonic boom any more "boomy"?

Ok lets start Beta V3.25!

change log:

- adjusted Jdam release (shouldn't hit aircraft on release)

- min height for Jdam release 100m

Now the angle of attack of the aircraft will have an effect on the way the Jdam is released.

Always try to have a level flight pattern above 100m and it 'should' be all ok. (AI have no problem dropping the JDAMS)

If on ocasion the JDAM does hit the aircraft, look at it being a small feature of a weapons failure.

I've not tested this with any mods etc, just downloading ACE now as that seems to get the most questions etc.

The sonic boom/forward looking optics are re-instated for this version, I'm aware the sonic boom isn't the best and on my system at least gets distorted once and a while.

I've searched the internet for an alternative sonic boom - (if anyobne has one or can find one let me know!wink_o.gif

Southy

Download here:

Beta V3.25

F35 Beta V3.25

If on ocasion the JDAM does hit the aircraft

? You didnt understand my fix for that or ..... ?

Gnat @ Jan. 04 2009,23:07)]
If on ocasion the JDAM does hit the aircraft

? You didnt understand my fix for that or ..... ?

Well the fix I used in the end was to set the drop distance from the plane further down.

My main concern was to get the last beta out before this addon goes final - basically I want the addon tested in manner of situations and bugs tio be found so I can clear them up.

If some very basic rules are followed just for the JDAMS - release over 100m and a somewhat level flight path then all should be ok.

I had a quick look at the fix you found for this exact problem and I'm still working through it in O2, I've not been able to add weight to the GEO lod without a component being listed?

So any further help in this area would be appriecated.

The F-35 is unique in the addons I've converted as the JDAM's drop from the internal bomb bay, hence why it makes contact with the plane in certain situations.

Southy

I had a quick look at the fix you found for this exact problem and I'm still working through it in O2, I've not been able to add weight to the GEO lod without a component being listed?

For existing weapons, in the GEO lod delete the names "component01" etc

Likely just leave the weight as is ("Mass" number box normally in lower left).

For new weapon models, just select the GEO lod faces, then type your weight into the mass box. No need to generate the "components".

Edit: Typo