Sign in to follow this  
Jas0n

Dual Monitors

Hi Guys,

Is something like this possible with ArmA?

Quote[/b] ]I just discovered the Dual Monitor support in Supreme Commander, my god it's awesome!! It starts zoomed in on your builder bloke on the main screen, and zoomed out to the map on the secondary monitor. You can change both displays with the mouse wheel just like with one display. I know its cheating but I love turning off fog of war and leaving one screen zoomed in on the AI army!! lol!

Would be very handy to have the map on the second screen.

Thanks,

Jase

SupCom was designed to have multi-screen support, and, it doesn't count as cheating to use secondary screen as strategic map, and the primary screen as tactical map.

Also, can you hold your map, look your map, shoot your weapon, and aim with your weapon at the same time? (IRL)

Think this is better, ive a 22 tft and two 17 tft and im thinking about getting one of these.

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/products/gxm/th2go/

This is it in action, not Arma but you get the idea.

You can also try Kegetys SoftTH. Tested it myself, it works!

http://www.kegetys.net/SoftTH/

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

Cheers Lee will give that a go, never seen SoftTH before wink_o.gif

interesting on the getkysyes.....

I've used dual screens in supcom for over 6 months, however, i find in arma, in dual screen mode (none SLI) i CTD a lot when using the editor (switching between the editor and mission and back).

I'm not sure if its my particular setup, or the 2 screens, but when i switch to single display (SLI mode by having arma.exe renamed to fear.exe) i don't have this problem.

Its so handy to have -nopause switch activated and use ur 2nd monitor for scripting when editing, that way you dont need windowed mode or to tab.