Sign in to follow this  
Doomguy

Warfare Cooperative (WACO) v1.1.1

damn it !

i take 2 hours for port your great waco on sarahni , but i didn't "import" object , instead , i cloned folder , and rename it to .sara

the problem stay in height of ground, wich isn't exactly same than saralite. resulting in crappy respawn , under ground => injuring etc ...

i need 2 more hours sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

[this,"Rashidah",[Paraiso,Chantico],"SmallTown","SmallTown",

"SmallTownTank"]] Exec "Server\Config\Config_Town.sqs"

wich term should be changed for rename the town displayed in the intel message ??

i moved a lot of town , now all is incorrect.

Quote[/b] ][this,"Rashidah",[Paraiso,Chantico],"SmallTown","SmallTown",

"SmallTownTank"]] Exec "Server\Config\Config_Town.sqs"

The name that appears in the "Name" field of the depot, in the case you have shown should be "Rashidah", is the name of the variable that controls that town.

In the onInit field of the depot you can see that line of code. Nos step by step:

This refers to that Depot.

"Rashidah" is the string you can read on the screen when you see all towns that you can capture. It is not a variable, it is just the text associated to that town. You can use numbers, spaces, etc...

[Paraiso,Chantico] are the names of the neighbour towns variables. That is, the names that are in the "Name" fields of the Depots of those towns.

"SmallTown","SmallTown", "SmallTownTank" are the type of configs that are linked to that town. When the town is activated the game spawns some resistance groups. These files (which you will find in the server/config folder) determine which resistance teams are spawned when the town is initialized.

So, if you have ported WACO to another island, for example, Sahrani, what you have to do is town by town, rename the depots, and change both the names of the town and the neighbor towns variable names.

as an example, let's do Bagango.

I would put some camps and one depot near bagango. Then I would go to that depot and I would put the following code:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[this,"Bagango",[Carmen,Benoma,Obregan],"LargeTown","LargeTown",

"LargeTown2"]] Exec "Server\Config\Config_Town.sqs"

You should do the same for all new towns.

That would be the string "Rashidah", i.e.,

[this,>>"Rashidah"<<,[Paraiso,Chantico],"SmallTown","

SmallTown", "SmallTownTank"]] Exec "Server\Config\Config_Town.sqs"

the one between >> and <<.

It's better to rename all references to the name Rashidah however. Just doing a search and replace should be fine. I think that the new name should not have spaces though (except in the string as above, there it can have spaces).

Doomguy

ok thanks.i will finish it today , then post a download link smile_o.gif .

i have an armaholic account , but i don't know how send it to them.

Updated to version 1.1.3. Some bugs fixed and small features added. See the top post!

Doomguy

For the RACS, to enable new teams you just have to add the units in the factories and also in the config_resistance file.

You could also add AH-6s and landrovers to the RACS, it would make them much more dangerous.

I have done so even with the airport and PRACS f-16s and it works too.

I hope you add enemy artillery barrages soon, doomguy.

Keep up the good work!!!!!

my.php?image=arma2008100918460411wv9.jpg

don't know why but a large number of corps stay at base, after 2H30 of game .

I've seen that happen some times as well. Was the closest enemy town far away?

I've noticed over the past 2 years, on fresh server starts from a reboot, that most missions will keep dead corpse... seems for ever.

If I restart the 1st mission, or pick another, they fade away properly.

I use FireDaemon Trinity to run the server as a service on Vista, which shouldn't matter.

The more we play this mission, the more we like it. Thanks. (A Lot)

It kinda gives the old mfcti coop feelings of gameplay. Odd points though, spawn points are predictable.

Might there be solutions later?

Hi SWAT_BigBear,

Good to hear you like the mission! smile_o.gif

What spawn points do you mean? Starting locations for the sides or the spawn points for individual soldiers / teams?

I'm working now on some small changes to the way camps work. I want to make it so that you can only build defenses at camps if you actually own the town that the camp belongs to. And that town should have enough supply points before you can start building. I'm also going to add a respawn location at a town's depot (if you own it).

Yours,

Doomguy

Out of 8 times we played in normal mode as Bluefor, the spawns were at Playa de Palomas, San Esteban, Vallejo or Matas.

Both sides were only starting at 1 of those 4 spots.

It will be a few days before I have a chance to enjoy this mission some more, I need to check the spawn distance options, maybe those will spread them out to other locations.

Actually, I noticed this behavior too. My theory is that the random number generator tends to produce the same numbers at the time that the starting positions are determined (because it is seeded with the mission running time). I'll try to make this a little bit better.

The spawn distance options definitely have an impact here, because they limit the minimum and maximum distances, effectively reducing the number of possible (pairs of) spawn points. Basically, if you want more randomness, allow for bigger separation, or use normal game.

Doomguy

PS. I might add an option to pick starting locations, or pick the starting location for your side, and have a random starting location for the enemy.

Hey Doomguy

Thank you very much for this coop warfare mission.

I have been playing the mission for about 12 hours total and it seems to run as i like.

Ai teams respond till the end and the enemy doesnt seem to get stuck so far.

I have played on normal setting so far, to try the mission out so i am looking forward to try in on the hardest setting.

They ai air teams do nicely what they are told at airoporto and i see jets taking off all the time smile_o.gif

Thanks and respect

Thanks code-red, it's great to hear it's working! biggrin_o.gif

I asked you before if i could modify this mission and you kindly said it was OK but when i go to unpbo the file parts of it (this important parts) are slightly scrambled making it hard to read, any idea why. I used the unpbo tool form ofpec i think.

Scrambled? Hmm, strange, nothing I did intentionally to scramble the files... I'm using the pbo tool by kegetys, maybe you could try it to see if it works better? It's here (scroll down to Arma Tools): http://www.kegetys.net/arma/.

Edit: Perhaps it's an editor problem. I'm using emacs to edit the files and -- since it's a unix tool -- it might do something different with newlines than windows-based editors. What editor are you using?

Doomguy

Hi doomguy

I was just looking at them in notepad put them into arma edit and they are fine sorry about that thanks for your help anyway.

Pip

hi, this is an great warfare map thumbs-up.gif

But the wrecks are disapering to fast , can it stay a bit longer ?

and i want to us john marines i can change the players that is not an problem but how must i change the AI

Boshart thumbs-up.gif

Hi Boshart, vehicle wrecks are removed after 5 minutes. You can change it if you un-pbo the mission and edit the file Common\Common_UnitKilled.sqs. At line 63 change "_delay = 300" into something like "_delay = 600" for 10 minutes.

You can get the Johnny marines in Warfare by using a replacement pack, like the one here:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1335

Doomguy

the problem with replacements is XAm ,i see always the xam uniforms even i use replacements.

And the wrecks dispapears after about 1 min in the mission without the addons , i don`t know if its the same with addons version, i am bussy to try the addon version tonight, so lets find out

Boshart

It's not the mission that is removing vehicle wrecks after 1 minute. Also in the stand alone version they are only removed after 5 minutes. Corpses (i.e., dead people) are removed after 1 minute, though.

Never tried XAM so I don't know what to do about that...