Sign in to follow this  
Doomguy

Warfare Cooperative (WACO) v1.1.1

Ok one thing i did on my mission to get rid of the mapcoords error was to open up the "Common_GetMapCoords" & "Common_GetTeamStatus" you have to addin the missing map coordinates the numbers and letters refrences or rows and columns. sara lite has less numbers and letters than sara does.. that will get rid of that error with getting locations of units...but im currently having my own issues with that same area but im thinking its cause of the new update from ACE 106. i think that WACO needs to be twiked some...i to get the same errors your getting but not with the map coords ...not to mention when a player leaves the AI become usless and not usable sad_o.gif

Can't figure out how to get artillery to work. I build it, put one of my team members on it, then don't see an option for it on the "T" menu. How do you do it exactly?

No on Sara rick1965 mod

Yeah sorry these errors are a problem. I just have not had time to look into it. If somebody else has time to invetigate that would be great because A full map version would be good.

If sombody could sort the map coord problem I think the other problem is to do with ace and might be sorted in an update

Thanks Rick  smile_o.gif

@VerySolidSnake As far as I can remember I think the arty is dissabled in some versions!

well this is what i did. open up the Common_GetMapCoords

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> _ArrayMajuscForGrid = ["A","B","C","D","E","F","G","H","I","J"];

_ArrayMajusNegative = ["Z","Y","X","W"];

_ArrayMinusForGrid = ["a","b","c","d","e","f","g","h","i","j","k","l","m","n","o"];

_ArrayNumbers = [9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1,0];

And also do the Common_GetTeamStatus

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> _rows = ["9","8","7","6","5","4","3","2","1","0"];

_rows1 = ["9","8","7","6","5","4","3","2","1","0"];

_columns = ["X","Y","Z","A","B","C","D","E","F","G","H","I","J","K","L","M","N","O"];

_columns1 = ["A","B","C","D","E","F","G","H","I","J"];

That is what i did to get the map coords error sorted.

well this is what i did. open up the Common_GetMapCoords

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> _ArrayMajuscForGrid = ["A","B","C","D","E","F","G","H","I","J"];

_ArrayMajusNegative = ["Z","Y","X","W"];

_ArrayMinusForGrid = ["a","b","c","d","e","f","g","h","i","j","k","l","m","n","o"];

_ArrayNumbers = [9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1,0];

And also do the Common_GetTeamStatus

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> _rows = ["9","8","7","6","5","4","3","2","1","0"];

_rows1 = ["9","8","7","6","5","4","3","2","1","0"];

_columns = ["X","Y","Z","A","B","C","D","E","F","G","H","I","J","K","L","M","N","O"];

_columns1 = ["A","B","C","D","E","F","G","H","I","J"];

That is what i did to get the map coords error sorted.

Thanks m8, just added that and it is running now on server I will just leave it and see what happens. btw do you know how to increase the players from 16 to 32, i have tried everything that i know but it only ever shows maximum of 20. 10 on each side huh.gif

well might want to go to the ACE site doomguy made an update for WACO. might want to update your version specialy if your running ACE 106. for adding more players open up the

Description change the min and max players <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> minPlayers = 1;

maxPlayers = 16;

to

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> minPlayers = 1;

maxPlayers = 32;

open up the InitMission

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> //Advanced squads

eastTeams = [Group EastSlot1,Group EastSlot2,Group EastSlot3,Group EastSlot4,Group EastSlot5,Group EastSlot6,Group EastSlot7,Group EastSlot8,Group EastSlot9,Group EastSlot10,Group EastSlot11,Group EastSlot12,Group EastSlot13,Group EastSlot14,Group EastSlot15,Group EastSlot16];

westTeams = [Group WestSlot1,Group WestSlot2,Group WestSlot3,Group WestSlot4,Group WestSlot5,Group WestSlot6,Group WestSlot7,Group WestSlot8,Group WestSlot9,Group WestSlot10,Group WestSlot11,Group WestSlot12,Group WestSlot13,Group WestSlot14,Group WestSlot15,Group WestSlot16];

//Advanced squads

eastSlots = [vehicleVarName EastSlot1,vehicleVarName EastSlot2,vehicleVarName EastSlot3,vehicleVarName EastSlot4,vehicleVarName EastSlot5,vehicleVarName EastSlot6,vehicleVarName EastSlot7,vehicleVarName EastSlot8,vehicleVarName EastSlot9,vehicleVarName EastSlot10,vehicleVarName EastSlot11,vehicleVarName EastSlot12,vehicleVarName EastSlot13,vehicleVarName EastSlot14,vehicleVarName EastSlot15,vehicleVarName EastSlot16];

westSlots = [vehicleVarName WestSlot1,vehicleVarName WestSlot2,vehicleVarName WestSlot3,vehicleVarName WestSlot4,vehicleVarName WestSlot5,vehicleVarName WestSlot6,vehicleVarName WestSlot7,vehicleVarName WestSlot8,vehicleVarName WestSlot9,vehicleVarName WestSlot10,vehicleVarName WestSlot11,vehicleVarName WestSlot12,vehicleVarName WestSlot13,vehicleVarName WestSlot14,vehicleVarName WestSlot15,vehicleVarName WestSlot16];

Also in the editor you will have to add in the units and names for each team and i belive that should do it.

If you start getting errors with AI teams not creating right or some off the wall errors you might have to go into the Config_AITeams and add in some teams but i dont think that will be an issue. but one thing i got when making on sara and 32 player it got laggy for me, dont know if your getting that now but you might

Well it works a treat "thanks" but you are correct the lag makes it unplayable its even quite bad with the 16 player version, and thats with just me playing lol

crazy_o.gif

Holy addons...

I don't suppose you would consider an 'addon-light' release, would you?

Reading through a lot of the readme files, it seems most of these are cosmetic addons. Really? :nervous:

Edit: Wait, I'm confused. You mention a 'normal' version and an 'addon' version, but I only see one version for download. I'm looking at "WACO_v117c_ACE.Saralite.pbo" which is 1.86 MB (1,953,710 bytes). Which is this? Does this still need all those dozens of addons? (I have ACE)

Edit 2: Well, it just works. So... yea.

Edited by draeath
possibly, I'm an idiot... (yes.. I am!)

What about a Yoma Addon Sync server to make the addon download simple?

Can't figure out how to get artillery to work. I build it, put one of my team members on it, then don't see an option for it on the "T" menu. How do you do it exactly?

Are you using plain old Warfare or WACO? In WACO the arty is temporarily disabled.

Edited by awotter
wrong thread

Seeing as this version has been going for a while now im a bit confused why players still cant obtain money for there hard work, and players missing of the transfer list or double ups?

Any chance we could have a switch to re-enable arty or could you show us how to do it. I miss the arty even if the AI cant use it.

Is it not possible to get DAC in to this , i saw some example missions it was pretty awesome. even the AI use Arty etc

Hello guys. I'm just a newbie to the forums. After looking through 30 pages, I've given up. I have no idea how to play this, or what to install. I installed the latest version (1.17d?) and I have already had ACE 1.7 installed for a couple weeks now. I put WACO/Warface into the Addons folder. Nothing happened. I made its own @Warface folder and editted the destination. Nothing happened.

All I want to do is play an advanced version of Warfare mode on singleplayer, with lots of AI and lots of options. This mod sounds like a dream come true. But its so confusing, so many versions. What addons do I need to play? What order do I install them in? Where do I go to play this mode? ARGH

Edit: It works in MPmissions. Sort of. AI running in circles, buying 50 jeeps, shooting each other and more is not out of the question though. Also, the AI tends to never buy soldiers for their team. Its just squad leaders running around.

I tried to play it in single player and it said no player selected. Warzone needs a save function, badly. :/ Wish I could play it in SP

Edited by C-zom

Get the latest version here: http://dev-heaven.net/attachments/download/545/Warface_v117d_Saralite.zip.

The AI should not be running in circles, buying 50 jeeps, nor shooting each other. I recommend you run this mission only with ACE (1.07), and no other AI-changing addons.

If there are just squad leaders, your side is probably runing low on funds.

Doomguy

Thanks. The latest version worked when I put it in MPmissions. I wish I could play it in singleplayer too, for those times there are no servers online. Oh well.

And I use ACE 1.07 and thats it. No other AI enhancers. Thanks for the help guys

You can play this single player... :)

Start your own Multiplayer server by pressing New, then make it a LAN match. Select the player position you want then hit start. Once the game starts it will ask to Vote for Commander. You can either leave the AI commander or vote for yourself. The other AI commander will fight RACS and capture towns while you also fight RACS and capture towns. You will eventually run into the other side's units...

L8r,

eem

Hi all,

Some guys was looking ways to make 3 men crew in tanks, here is my decision: just little change in Server_BuyUnit.sqs:

#CreateGunner

if (_vehicle EmptyPositions "gunner" < 1) then {Goto "CreateCommander"};

_gunner = _team CreateUnit [_crewName,GetPos _vehicle,[],0.5,"FORM"]

[_gunner,_side] Call InitUnit

[_gunner] AllowGetIn true

[_gunner] Join _team

_gunner MoveInGunner _vehicle

#CreateCommander

if (_vehicle EmptyPositions "commander" < 1) then {Goto "LockVehicle"};

_commander = _team CreateUnit [_crewName,GetPos _vehicle,[],0.2,"FORM"]

[_commander,_side] Call InitUnit

[_commander] AllowGetIn true

[_commander] Join _team

_commander MoveInCommander _vehicle

And for players in in Client_BuyUnit.sqs

#CreateGunner

if (_vehicle EmptyPositions "gunner" < 1) then {Exit};

_gunner = _team CreateUnit [_crewName,GetPos _vehicle,[],0.4,"FORM"]

[_gunner,sideJoined] Call InitUnit

[_gunner] AllowGetIn true

_gunner moveInGunner _vehicle

#CreateCommander

if (_vehicle EmptyPositions "commander" < 1) then {Exit};

_commander = _team CreateUnit [_crewName,GetPos _vehicle,[],0.2,"FORM"]

[_commander,_sideJoined] Call InitUnit

[_commander] AllowGetIn true

_commander moveInCommander _vehicle

Deal with money already found in Config_HeavyFactory.sqs for each 3men crew vehicles, isaw in this thread something about:

_m = _m + [000000 + (resistance(west/east)BarracksCosts Select GCREWTYPE(WCREWTYPE,ECREWTYPE) * 3]

brgds

Your actually doing it the difficult way. You can always manual buy an extra crew member for the tank crew, but for the AI Tank Teams you'd have to change this:

-----------

_n = _n + ["Tank"]

_d = _d + ["Tank"]

_u = ["M1Abrams"]

WestAITeamTemplates = WestAITeamTemplates + [_u]

WESTAIM1TEAMTYPE = Count WestAITeamTemplates - 1

WestHeavyTeamTypes = WestHeavyTeamTypes + [WESTAIM1TEAMTYPE]

-----------

and

-----------

_n = _n + ["Tank"]

_d = _d + ["Tank"]

_u = ["T72"]

EastAITeamTemplates = EastAITeamTemplates + [_u]

EASTAIT72TEAMTYPE = Count EastAITeamTemplates - 1

EastHeavyTeamTypes = EastHeavyTeamTypes + [EASTAIT72TEAMTYPE]

-----------

to this:

----------

_n = _n + ["Tank"]

_d = _d + ["Tank"]

_u = ["M1Abrams"]

_u = _u + [WCREW]

WestAITeamTemplates = WestAITeamTemplates + [_u]

WESTAIM1TEAMTYPE = Count WestAITeamTemplates - 1

WestInfantryTeamTypes = WestInfantryTeamTypes + [WESTAIM1TEAMTYPE]

WestHeavyTeamTypes = WestHeavyTeamTypes + [WESTAIM1TEAMTYPE]

-----------

and

-----------

_n = _n + ["Tank"]

_d = _d + ["Tank"]

_u = ["T72"]

_u = _u + [ECREW]

EastAITeamTemplates = EastAITeamTemplates + [_u]

EASTAIT72TEAMTYPE = Count EastAITeamTemplates - 1

EastInfantryTeamTypes = EastInfantryTeamTypes + [EASTAIT72TEAMTYPE]

EastHeavyTeamTypes = EastHeavyTeamTypes + [EASTAIT72TEAMTYPE]

-----------

In your (\Common\Config\Config_AITeams.sqs)

Hi guys, great to see Warfare is still being modded!

Both your solutions to get a tank commander are missing some details. Most importantly, the AI scripting does not cope with AI units being a tank commander except for the AI team's squad leader. So Computica's solution will create an extra crew member but he will not board the tank as commander. Siglar is more close but also the extra crew member will probably disembark at some point. Also, editing only the Server_BuyUnit.sqs will give you three member tanks for the AI teams, not if a player buys a manned tank.

What I suggest you do is reconsider whether you really want this ;-) It will be quite a lot of work to make this change and I'm unsure if there are benefits to having AI tank commanders. If there are, let me know and I might look into it more.

Doomguy

Hi,

Think 3 manned tank is more effective especially in city fight. While you stay in tank on gunner position you hear ai on commander place is always busy with his MG.

BTW at first i changed "Server_UpdateTownResistance.sqs" adding commander to Resistance tank that way. So it became harder to shoot resistance tanks by launchers in city fight. My opinion is to add tank commander at least to resistance tanks. In the field battle there's almost no difference. So it can stay as is it.

Could not add second gunner in "UH60mg", are there any suggestions?

Brgds