Sign in to follow this  
Doomguy

Warfare Cooperative (WACO) v1.1.1

Quote[/b] ]

Personally I think the AI won't perform that well on full Sahrani as there are too many chokepoints and mountain ranges.

Is that fixxed wing, helos, or both?

There used to be a game type of something like Warfare (can't remember the name), that let you set your own AI controlled helicopter's altitude via the "Action" menu. Something like that would help a lot since the ACE mod has the really nice weapons controlled from the "2" spot. I can tell my pilot to set altitude and hold face hdg ..etc..

...  but would probably see a lot of fire and smoke in the mountains...heh...does EVO do it?

L8r,

EEM

Last night in the 1.15e ACE version I loaded a laser designator (inc. battery) and it did not work.

I just verified that in the editor using the ACE weapons box it worked just fine.

I don't know if it's me or not, but I've never had any luck with LD in MP.

Hi Mazza,

Quote[/b] ]Running ArmA 1.15 patch and ACE mode on a small dedicated server with 2 human players.  I experienced a situation where two groups (6 and 8 from memory) seemed to get stuck around home base i.e. they were not moving to designated towns/objectives.  This didn't happen initially!! Only after completion of the first objective, from memory the taking of Cayo.

As mentioned in a previous reply on this thread this could be due to the fact that they were organising themselves. They were building tanks (new nice looking m60s).  I got myself voted as Commander i gave orders to move. they didn't.

I noticed this myself too. They seem to be stuck even if they have all units according to their templates. It must be something related to ACE, since it doesn't happen in the normal addon or stand alone versions. Can you recall if the men crewing the vehicles were wounded (shown as red or yellow in the commander's team status menu)? My current theory is that the ACE wounding behavior causes these problems when soldiers go unconscious.

I've seen this happen in the normal WACO missions, both SA and normal.  I don't have ACE (dial-up would take a month) so can't comment, but the behaviour certainly exists in the normal WACO versions.  Usually its the independant air, but sometimes stryker units.

regards

Gnrnr

Quote[/b] ]Is that fixxed wing, helos, or both?

There used to be a game type of something like Warfare (can't remember the name), that let you set your own AI controlled helicopter's altitude via the "Action" menu. Something like that would help a lot since the ACE mod has the really nice weapons controlled from the "2" spot.  I can tell my pilot to set altitude and hold face hdg ..etc..

...  but would probably see a lot of fire and smoke in the mountains...heh...does EVO do it?  

I was mainly thinking of normal land vehicles that suffer from mountain ranges and chokepoints such as cities (Corazol). The AI path finding has a hard time navigating around/through those things.

Quote[/b] ]I've seen this happen in the normal WACO missions, both SA and normal. I don't have ACE (dial-up would take a month) so can't comment, but the behaviour certainly exists in the normal WACO versions. Usually its the independant air, but sometimes stryker units.

The independent air team is programmed to ignore commander commands. Its squad leader stays at the base, in particular at the aircraft factory if there is one. The aircraft it purchases are sent on missions independently, the commander has no control over where they go.

It's certainly possible that vehicles get stuck. In fact, it happens quite a lot in ArmA, especially wheeled vehicles such as Strykers. This is why, if the commander is AI controlled, AI teams' movements are tracked. If an AI team doesn't move more than 50 meters in 5 minutes (numbers from the top of my mind), they are respawned. If the player is commander, this doesn't happen. Therefore you sometimes have to unstick teams yourself (respawn them).

Quote[/b] ]Last night in the 1.15e ACE version I loaded a laser designator (inc. battery) and it did not work.

I just verified that in the editor using the ACE weapons box it worked just fine.

I don't know if it's me or not, but I've never had any luck with LD in MP.

Me neither, actually. Also, in ACE the laser designator is put in the binocular slot, normally it is a launcher weapon. I haven't really tried to fix this yet, as I hardly ever use the laser designator myself.

Doomguy

I found the cause of the being unable to buy stuff at factories after dying (or just being inside) a helo or plane!

It turns out that the Mando Missile HUD that's shown in helo's and planes causes a client side script to halt (forever). That script should update the actions the player can do, like buying at factories.

There will be a fix in the next update.

Also, I found that ACE needs some setup that is overwritten by Warfare. This probably causes the AI to remain stuck after respawn. ACE is releasing a patch soon that will allow me to fix this.

Doomguy out.

Here is ACE version v1.1.5f! The first version that really works well enough. AI teams are no longer stuck after respawn, and most ACE stuff seems to work fine.

Thanks everyone for your feedback!

Download from FileFront

Here are the changes:

- (ACE) AI squads should no longer become stuck after respawn. This has been fixed by a work around, which will be replaced by a proper fix once the ACE patch is out.

- (ACE) Due to a compatability problem between Warfare UI and Mando Missile HUD, players could no longer buy stuff from factories once they entered a helo or plane. This has been fixed.

- (ACE) Soldiers in AI teams that are unconscious are killed during their regular update cycle (between 15 - 30 seconds). This is to prevent AI teams being held up by unconscious men, and also descreases the amount of ammo wasted on injured soldiers.

- (ACE) Replaced ACE resistance units by standard BIS because ACE units have config problems.

- (ACE) AV8B GBU and AV8B AA were incorrectly swapped in factory menu.

Doomguy

Nice work on the ACE support, lovin' this mission.

Are there any plans to implement ACE's map system?

One thing that does bug me though, (not just in this warfare flavour, pretty much all of them) is that the player's vehicles disappear if left alone for a certain amount of time. The obvious solution for the moment is to leave someone in the vehicle, but isn't really practical with a 12 man hardcoded limit. It can become quite frustrating later on with the more expensive vehicles. Perhaps vehicles controlled by the player (and his squad) could be exempt from the timer?

Nice work on the ACE support, lovin' this mission.

Are there any plans to implement ACE's map system?

One thing that does bug me though, (not just in this warfare flavour, pretty much all of them) is that the player's vehicles disappear if left alone for a certain amount of time. The obvious solution for the moment is to leave someone in the vehicle, but isn't really practical with a 12 man hardcoded limit. It can become quite frustrating later on with the more expensive vehicles. Perhaps vehicles controlled by the player (and his squad) could be exempt from the timer?

Bhaz,

If you need to, just change the abandoned vehicle time variable in init_commonconstants.

Looking at the WACO files, 900 seconds is used (15 minutes) I think you could change it to 3600 (30 minutes) without it crunching the game too much.

Having said that i don't pretend to speak for the WACO team regarding their mod.

Does anyone know of anyway to identify player created units over AI created units? As far as I know there is no indentifier attached to the vehicles to say if AI orhuman players purchased them.

Regards

Gnrnr

I haven't really tried to fix this yet, as I hardly ever use the laser designator myself.

I wouldn't usually either, but I think it doubles as a rangefinder now.

If you need to, just change the abandoned vehicle time variable in init_commonconstants.

Thanks, i'll take a look.

Does anyone know of anyway to identify player created units over AI created units?

I haven't done hardly any scripting since my OFP days, but AFAIK it'd be easier to check if they're in a player's squad? Example could be moulded into a loop (or a forEach maybe, not sure) to check every human player's squad. Something along the lines of:<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_unit in (group player);

Re: ACE_Map in warfare

Doesn't quite work in warfare, as the equipment purchasing menu is set up the way it is, there is no way to purchase gubbins such as NVgoggles, Binos and in this case the map. This negates the addition of the requires map object unless the user has to dump it in favour of say a parachute etc (Though NV goggles have become redundant anyway, from what I see, no one plays with the day/night mode on sadly). An update of the equipment purchasing screen is well in order imho and as such a slight modification to the associated load out script.

Tried fiddling around with the map system in warfare m'self to no avail. Would certainly be a nice thing to have in warfare if we could get it. smile_o.gif

(got it in the right thread this time, doh)

Agreed, something I might look at for the next update.

Most Warfare missions give you NVgoggles and binoculars as default - you don't need to purchase them. Problem is that we now have more equipment that fits in those slots with ACE, like the laser designator/range finder, parachute packs, and the map object.

I'll see if I can add it to the gear menu somehow.

Doomguy

hi and thank you for this great modification.

I have a problem with the Waco ace(1.1.5f).

The so squads stuck somewhere in the map(not at the base) after an hour or so. I use ecs, ace and gl3 and It happens since I use gl3. Snkman doesn't really know warfare so he couldn't tell me too much about it. Any ideas why it could happen? Thx in advance.e

Hi spangg,

I already saw your post on the GL3 topic. I haven't tried SNKMAN's GL3 yet, so I have no idea what goes wrong. That being said, I think you're using a very ambitious number of addons that change the AI. ECS, ACE, GL3 and WACO all make overlapping changes to the AI (WACO mostly at the strategic level, where to move, etc.). The AI behavior of all these addons together is highly unpredictable.

In the games I'm currently playing myself I use only ACE, and I find I do not miss the added AI behavior offered by ECS or SLX GL3 that much.

I'll let you know how it works out when I try GL3.

Doomguy

bundling all the addons would be a little better for folks ...

mabe when i get a little free time ill toss up a link with all in 1 DL

A little update: I implemented rucksack support for ACE. You'll be able to pack stuff directly into (and out of) your rucksack from the gear menu. Also, you'll be able to buy binoculars, nv goggles, and laser designators that now go into the correct slots.

The coolest thing is: you can pack stuff like rockets, satchel charges, mines, etc. into your backpack, which you can't do in with the normal gear menu in the current ACE version. yay.gif

I'll release it when the ACE patch is there and I made some more compatability fixes.

Doomguy

Just D/Led the addon version and find there is no WACO_config.pbo in the zip. Theres a bsign for the config but the config itself is missing.

Obviously the game keeps telling me WACO_config is missing so Ive yet to be able to try it with all the addons.

Is there somewhere I could find WACO_config.pbo for download?

By the way - excellent job on the standalone version!

There is a problem since the ace patch the start of the mission keep telling me that the medicalitems are missing from the config.bin. I guess they implemented some new ones? Can you have a look pls?

thx

Error msg

Can confrim spangg's error, as I'm getting the same.

Would be good if you could have a little look into it please Doomguy.

Cheers

[TAO] Kremator

You're seeing that error because you installed the ACE 1.01 patch.

WACO v1.1.6 will be compatible.

Doomguy

Thx for the info.

Doomguy, is it possible to use the heli's missiles as a pilot? I know ace restrict it, but at least to tell the gunner to switch weapon as he uses the gun only.

I think that you can switch weapons for the gunner while holding spacebar and pressing F  smile_o.gif

Looking forward to it smile_o.gif

however. can you make the Ai a bit smarter? like. make i build walls around ther base and such stuff.. its way to easy as it is now..

did a mission in 1/2 hour :\

also.. i dont know if its acemod or mission scripts related. but the laser marker doesnt seams to work. i could fix this myself. if i had the time. but i dont.!

anyway Keep up the good work.. i love playing waco smile_o.gif

Looking forward to it smile_o.gif

however. can you make the Ai a bit smarter? like. make i build walls around ther base and such stuff.. its way to easy as it is now..

did a mission in 1/2 hour :\

also.. i dont know if its acemod or mission scripts related. but the laser marker doesnt seams to work. i could fix this myself. if i had the time. but i dont.!

anyway Keep up the good work.. i love playing waco smile_o.gif

You give the enemy a `huge bonus'?

The laser designator is working in my current development version. It wasn't working before because I used the ACE_ classnames, which turns out to be wrong.

I probably won't script the AI to build walls because it will completely mess up the AI pathfinding around the base, which is very poor already.

WACO v1.1.6 will be released soon, once I tested out the compatibility with the new ACE 1.0.1.

Doomguy

WACO v1.1.6 will be released soon, once I tested out the compatibility with the new ACE 1.0.1.

Very good news Doomguy. Your warfare version is the only one I host on my dedi server (with ACE 1.01 of course !wink_o.gif

Keep up the good work.

One final thing - Benny added extra features to his warfare like Satellite camera and units camera (both VERY useful indeed). Would it also be possible to add extra goodies like these ?

[TAO] Kremator