Sign in to follow this  
Doomguy

Warfare Cooperative (WACO) v1.1.1

I'm using the same except for XAM, EVA and truegameplay (I only use AI hearing). Have you tried without these mods? Especially XAM.

Doomguy

That error message is generated when a script runs, however, I know what script it is and I'm pretty sure that it is not the script that is the cause of the problem. Judging from the error message, it seems that something has broken the map markers that are used by the script. Another reason why I think the script is fine: nobody else has reported the error before, and I haven't seen it myself ever.

Doomguy

Updated to 1.1.4. Details and download links in the top post!

Doomguy

wich addons are these ?

RACS get Army 4x4 with M2's, OPFOR gets a stronger T64 variant (in the addon version).

and tnks for the update will try it for sure smile_o.gif

Edit:

Hate it to say it but still getting the error (was hoping that is working) but its a bit strange how i must get into game :

1. i log into the server and choose side and press ok (server loads the mission. and then i get back into to lobby again.

2. when i hit connect again it works now and get in you`re mission and then i get the screen mission etc , when i press to exit that and want to start play arma chrashes to desktop with a nice error from windows (arma is not working anymore)

3. i log in everhting goes well now i get into the game and i gat the error on top of screen

all this is with the addon mission and you`re mission without the addon works ok   confused_o.gif

I give up now , i tried you`re mission, it was good to see the AI now with some nice addons  but it just wont work here and my gf`s pc either or friends pc .

Quote[/b] ]

and then i get back into to lobby again.

This is the problem. Your dedicated server does not have the addons loaded correctly. Please make sure you have all the required addons... it should work then.

Doomguy

A bug report: 1.1.4 StandAlone version has KA52 in East Aircraft factory.

I love your warfare, I just hope there will be a 32 player version, and a version with the whole Sahrani Island.

Keep up the good work Doomguy! thumbs-up.gif

A bug report: 1.1.4 StandAlone version has KA52 in East Aircraft factory.

I love your warfare, I just hope there will be a 32 player version, and a version with the whole Sahrani Island.

Keep up the good work Doomguy! thumbs-up.gif

Hi TOTAL22,

Thanks for the bug report. I'll fix it soon - in the mean time: don't buy it wink_o.gif

Mankyle is working on a port to the full Sahrani island. I hope he will release it soon. 32 players version is a little bit easier to implement I guess, but 32 independent AI teams probably trash any server.

Doomguy

Updated to 1.1.4. Details and download links in the top post!

Doomguy

Hi DoomGuy!

Thanks a lot for your recent work (and hopefully your future work) on Warfare Cooperative! I had several really intense games with a friend of mine. The atmosphere really rocks :-)

Two questions:

A question on the enemy AI...if they do capture the airport, should they start building aircrafts and go on direct interdiction/reconnaissance missions (given they have enough funds)? Or is this planned for a future release? I guess, this would give  a lot more tension to the human players as they really would have to take air defense with them on capturing missions etc.

Another question also on the enemy AI's tactic:

Once, they have spotted your HQ or decided to capture the airport (or another strategic point of interest), will they change their tactic in case they did send a certain number of teams (tanks,infantry) without success?

It would be interesting to let the enemy AI attack the players' HQ for a certain time (depending on how much the AI wants to send with his current wave) and to automatically reroute his attacks, e.g., attacking the airport from the south first, and then from the east. Or even split the teams to let them simultaneously attack from different directions? *g*

(this is really complicated to implement, I guess...working with synchronized waypoints etc.)

A last question, can the enemy AI vary the size of its attacks squads, i.e., sending 2 tanks to a capture a town and the next time probably 4 tanks. This would make his attacks a little bit more unpredictable :-)

again, thanks a lot

cya

bionicman

Quote[/b] ]

Hi DoomGuy!

Thanks a lot for your recent work (and hopefully your future work) on Warfare Cooperative! I had several really intense games with a friend of mine. The atmosphere really rocks :-)

Hi Bionicman303!

Great to hear! I've hardly had any time to play it myself recently... good to know that somebody is enjoying it biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

A question on the enemy AI...if they do capture the airport, should they start building aircrafts and go on direct interdiction/reconnaissance missions (given they have enough funds)? Or is this planned for a future release? I guess, this would give a lot more tension to the human players as they really would have to take air defense with them on capturing missions etc.

Yes, the AI will purchase planes if it has captured the airport, provided it has enough funds, and there are enemy targets available for it to attack. It will not purchase planes to do recon missions, only interdiction and base strikes. Also, the AI commander will wait a certain time after mission start before it will start purchasing attack aircraft. This is due to performance - aircraft flying around spawn resistance teams at the towns they pass by, causing more (unneeded) units to be active.

Quote[/b] ]

Once, they have spotted your HQ or decided to capture the airport (or another strategic point of interest), will they change their tactic in case they did send a certain number of teams (tanks,infantry) without success?

It would be interesting to let the enemy AI attack the players' HQ for a certain time (depending on how much the AI wants to send with his current wave) and to automatically reroute his attacks, e.g., attacking the airport from the south first, and then from the east. Or even split the teams to let them simultaneously attack from different directions? *g*

(this is really complicated to implement, I guess...working with synchronized waypoints etc.)

The AI commander will send heavy teams directly to the enemy base if it knows the location, but only if the AI side holds a certain number of towns (3 or 4 from the top of my mind). I like your ideas about attacking the enemy base from different directions, but indeed it's not so easy to make it work. The AI is struggling with path finding a lot already. One idea that might work is let the AI find out which town is to the N, S, E, or W from the enemy base, randomly pick a town, move to that town, then attack the enemy base. The problem with a more generic approach where you would just randomly pick an attack vector, is that there can be water, mountains or forests blocking the way. That stuff is very hard to detect...

Quote[/b] ]

A last question, can the enemy AI vary the size of its attacks squads, i.e., sending 2 tanks to a capture a town and the next time probably 4 tanks. This would make his attacks a little bit more unpredictable :-)

Currently the AI can't do this. It will always purchase all the units in the team template, unless it runs out of funds. It might be interesting if the AI switched team templates depending on the funds it has. That might actually be the easiest way to implement this... I might do it. smile_o.gif

Doomguy out.

needed addon : "bds_product" plz for the @ version.

needed addon : "bds_product" plz for the @ version.

Are you sure? For what vehicle? There should already be bds_m60a3.pbo for the M60.

Doomguy

Quote[/b] ]

This is the problem. Your dedicated server does not have the addons loaded correctly. Please make sure you have all the required addons... it should work then.

Doomguy

all addons where already there , i even double checked.

But please check my server its online now ..and if the errors does now show just relog please xmas_o.gif

Another bug I discovered while porting the Stand alone version. There is an M-1 Abrams (RACS) in the heavy factory list.

BTW, more or less I have checked all camp and depot positions for the full Sahrani map and I probably will send it to Doomguy today as soon as I check some other things.

Basically I have added all North cities and Towns, all airports and a couple of Bases.

I also have moved some starting positions to the North.

And some good news. I have added a new config called config_airporttown which is only for airports. Right now it uses F-16 from PRACS and activates when you get nearer than 2400 m from Rahmadi and Antigua. When that happens two RACS f-16 take off from the airports and fly over the islands attacking everythin on their sights.

I was flying one GNATs V-22 and I was shot down by one of them while I was trying to capture antigua.

Quote[/b] ]

Doomguy

all addons where already there , i even double checked.

But please check my server its online now ..and if the errors does now show just relog please  xmas_o.gif

If you have all addons loaded correctly the dedicated server should not return to the lobby after clicking OK.

Sorry I tried to log in to your server yesterday but it wasn't online when I tried (~22:30 CET).

Doomguy

srry its online now  tounge2.gif

I just logged into your server. Indeed, I get hundreds of errors like the one you took a screenshot of. Are you running the server with only the addons required by WACO, or are there more addons running?

Doomguy

-some server side addons (there is an topic here on this forum with server side addons ,but cant find it anymore)

-Some units

-Xam 1.5

-Xeh

edit :

i just tried the mission only with you`re addons and nothing else on the server , but stil getting the errors

dunno if anyone asked this before

but will there any chance that you make a complete island version in the future? (both north and south island)

and would you consider to add or replace some units in game?

such as

more detail Land Rover for RACS

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3205

M1114 armoured humvee for West

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3544

T-80, T-90, BTR-90 for SLA

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3613

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3704

BMD-1 for SLA

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=984

F-16 for West

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3537

Mirage III for West

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3962

SU-25 for SLA

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3650

SU-27 for SLA

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=4040

SU-33 for SLA

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3721

CH-47 for west, already in Mapfact pack

MV-22 for west

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3311

AH-1Z for RACS

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=4090

AAVP7A1 for West

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3438

Leopard II A6 and Wiesel

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3840

Puma for RACS

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=4033

(I think RACS should use Puma while US use BlackHawk)

sorry if some vehicle already in map, never played Warfare on SLA before...

but anyway, this map is awsome... most intense map I ever played, thank you

dunno if anyone asked this before

but will there any chance that you make a complete island version in the future? (both north and south island)

and would you consider to add or replace some units in game?

such as

<SNIP>

sorry if some vehicle already in map, never played Warfare on SLA before...

but anyway, this map is awsome... most intense map I ever played, thank you

Hi Lugiahua,

Mankyle is working on a complete island version - I hope he will release it soon.

Thanks for all the links, I'll check them out.

Glad you like it! smile_o.gif

Doomguy

I have tested the Sahrani version I have ported. There are some pathfinding issues but nothing unsurmountable.

I have found some problems though.

- The airport code doesn't work with the radio system. I have to look at the way you have used variables to enable the airport because with multiple airports the radio system doesn't work except with only the normal Paraiso international airport.

- There are pathfinding issues with the area near victoria and Mataredo. The AI stucks there a lot.

But so far the mission porting goes well:

- All town names do work.

- Now Antigua and Rahmadi spawn PRACS F16s that take off and fly CAP over those islands, making an aerial assault without air cover a complete suicide.

- I have enabled also choppers for the RACS. They are a serious opponent and an AH-6 has blasted my strikers more than once now.

I'll try to upload the mission ASAP, but I'd like to polish some things before, such as the camps and depot placements.

EDIT: I have taken a look at the airport code, mainly the teambuy and AIteambuy files.

You have added a markerpos that uses the runway marker as the spawning position of all wingedairteams.

With the standard Warfare mission the spawning position of the planes in the airport code is related to the airport's position so if you have more than one airport and you capture one of them and then spawn some planes, these will be spawned near the airport you have just captured, not in a fixed point determined by the position of one marker.

Wat should be done for enabling multiple airports would be creating a variable that uses the town name for refering to the runwaymarker, more or less like the towns code that uses a system based on that towns name or reverting to the standard BIS method of spawning the planes.

Anyway an excelent mission so far