Sign in to follow this  
Doomguy

Warfare Cooperative (WACO) v1.1.1

I have ported WACO to Sahrani and I must confess the AI works quite well even with those long distances and the different islands (mainly antigua and Rahmadi).

If you could add paratrooper missions to the air groups that would be sweet.

I have also added new units to the Resistance side and an special town config that spawns planes in the airports so you have to face RACS F-16 whenever you get near antigua and Rahmadi for the first time. works quite well.

Keep up the good work, m8!!!!!!

ok tnks !

btw where must i put the config bpo file ? just in mp missions?

Boshart

No, the WACO_config.pbo should go with the other addons, so either in addons, or in a modfolder that you load with -mod.

I have ported WACO to Sahrani and I must confess the AI works quite well even with those long distances and the different islands (mainly antigua and Rahmadi).

I have also added new units to the Resistance side and an special town config that spawns planes in the airports so you have to face RACS F-16 whenever you get near antigua and Rahmadi for the first time. works quite well.

That sounds excellent! I'm very interested in your mission. Did you also add the other airports?

Doomguy

Yes, the airport can be used to buy planes as long as you have captured one.

I'm having problems with the RACS planes pathfinding. I want them to take off as soon as you get near them but it seems they have problems to take from where they spawn.

The would have to be scripted so they always spawn in a good point.

Anyway, with the standard Warfare mission if you put the advanced AI on "true" and you add mixed squads, "air" and "infantry", the soldiers get in the chopper, then it takes off and flies to the destination point.

I haven't checked in your version But as your missions for air teams supersede those of the standard squads,....

Anyway Looks very good so far

so i tested the addon version ,but i thing something is wrong .

1. the racs is not shooting on us, i can just walk to them and they still don`t, and if i shoot the grab their gun and then shoot @me , even all the tanks are not shooting

2. we don`t see any russion even after 2 hours of playing or choppers or planes

its just to easy

confused_o.gif

Hi Boshart,

Sorry to hear it's not working out as it should.

With regards to the RACS problem: Are you using any other addons except the ones required for WACO? I've never seen this problem myself, and in my games the RACS is always fighting fiercely.

What bonus setting did you use? To get some challenging performance from the enemy AI, you should at least give it the "Large" bonus.

Doomguy

its realy weird i never had this problem before, i test everything now, and sorry to ask but the config file is that client side or server side or both ? i mean must i install it on both or just client or server .

One thing I never managed to figure out yet: how do you get a dedicated server to run with non-default values for the mission settings? I was never that bothered before, because things like fast day/night cycle were not really that important or useful. But the bonuses for the AI team are!

ok its seems ok now ..that AI is shooting now and good ! yay.gif

This is the best mission i played , the AI is just good now , they play together, i saw soldiers getting in an m113 and the m113 moved to a town and there they getting out to take the camp with support with the m113 ,really great mission to see.

thumbs-up.gifthumbs-up.gifthumbs-up.gifthumbs-up.gifthumbs-up.gif

Maby an good idea to put an UAV in this mission or support form the radio from Mando ?

One thing I never managed to figure out yet: how do you get a dedicated server to run with non-default values for the mission settings? I was never that bothered before, because things like fast day/night cycle were not really that important or useful. But the bonuses for the AI team are!

I had the same thing! It caused me hours of pain back in the OFP days trying to get a CTI mission working properly. I know the solution now, and it's really simple: you have to login as the admin while on the mission settings screen!

So while you're on the screen where you can set the roles and the settings you type #login $password in the chat bar (first press whatever key you need to press to get the chat bar, for me it is /), and replace $password with the admin password that you set for your server. Then you can change the mission settings.

Good luck!

Doomguy

ok its seems ok now ..that AI is shooting now and good !  yay.gif

This is the best mission i played , the AI is just good now , they play together, i saw soldiers getting in an m113 and the m113 moved to a town and there they getting out to take the camp with support with the m113 ,really great mission to see.

thumbs-up.gif  thumbs-up.gif  thumbs-up.gif  thumbs-up.gif  thumbs-up.gif

Maby an good idea to put an UAV in this mission or support form the radio from Mando ?

Glad to hear it's working fine now! smile_o.gif

I'm pondering now about how to move this mission to the next level: radio's, UAV's, paratroopers, etc. All great things but I'm not really sure about it yet... the AI must also be able to use it.

I just added aircraft support for the normal AI teams that mankyle was talking about. It's working okay-ish, infantry get into the chopper most of the time. It's a shame the choppers are shot down so easily, though. Add least the support to add choppers to all teams will be in the next released version of WACO.

Doomguy out.

its realy weird i never had this problem before, i test everything now, and sorry to ask but the config file is that client side or server side or both ? i mean must i install it on both or just client or server .

WACO_config.pbo should be both on the server and clients.

Doomguy

hmm .when my gf is joining my server she gets error in top of screen and i don`t getting that error .

we have the same addons and startup   crazy_o.gif

if you want i can get an screenshot, or you know what i mean  tounge2.gif  with that error

Hi Boshart,

A screenshot would indeed help tracking down your problem.

Doomguy

Thanks for the screenshot. The error is really bizarre... I've never seen it myself. Can you tell me what your setup is? Are you running a dedicated server? Which version do you have, the addon version or stand alone? Do you get it every time you start the mission?

The error is originating from Client/Client_UpdateTownMarkers.sqs, line 26, which sets town markers and supply values at the client side. Did you modify the mission in any way, like renaming a town for instance?

Yours,

Doomguy

Thanks for the screenshot. The error is really bizarre... I've never seen it myself. Can you tell me what your setup is? Are you running a dedicated server? Which version do you have, the addon version or stand alone? Do you get it every time you start the mission?

The error is originating from Client/Client_UpdateTownMarkers.sqs, line 26, which sets town markers and supply values at the client side. Did you modify the mission in any way, like renaming a town for instance?

Yours,

Doomguy

I am running an dedicated server 1.14

And i have not edited you`re mission at all

And setup ? =config file ?

stand alone version

And she gets the error all the time when she joins the server

Stucked with Trucks. Again.

Here some screenshots:

http://img66.imageshack.us/my.php?image=arma2008102103211567bo1.jpg

http://img296.imageshack.us/my.php?image=arma2008102103180200nt9.jpg

This stuck game with about 3-11 fps

Here is from arma.rpt:

Error in expression <ing >= 1) then {Exit};

_nearVehicles = nearestObjects [_building,["LandVehicle">

Error position: <nearestObjects [_building,["LandVehicle">

Error 0 elements provided, 3 expected

Tsis is a great modification at all. But why you enable this stupid trucks? For what? I dont understand sad_o.gif

stand alone version

Hi Boshart, I've tried to reproduce your problem but it doesn't occur with me. Even when I'm running a dedicated server...

Stucked with Trucks. Again.

Here some screenshots:

http://img66.imageshack.us/my.php?image=arma2008102103211567bo1.jpg

http://img296.imageshack.us/my.php?image=arma2008102103180200nt9.jpg

This stuck game with about 3-11 fps

Here is from arma.rpt:

Error in expression <ing >= 1) then {Exit};

_nearVehicles = nearestObjects [_building,["LandVehicle">

Error position: <nearestObjects [_building,["LandVehicle">

Error 0 elements provided, 3 expected

Tsis is a great modification at all. But why you enable this stupid trucks? For what? I dont understand sad_o.gif

Now that is really bizarre! The supply trucks should never spawn in that large numbers - most I've seen in my games is about 3 to 5 simultaneously. I've got no clue what is causing that... does it happen every time you play the mission?

The error message is strange: are you running 1.14?

EDIT: Never mind, I figured out what is causing the error in arma.rpt. There was a script running on clients that should only run on the server. I don't think this will fix your other problem though.

Supply trucks are needed to supply towns - in my games they are working fine.

Hi Mankyle,

Great news - is your WACO port to Sarani N&S already available for download somewhere?

Regards Gunhawk

stand alone version

Hi Boshart, I've tried to reproduce your problem but it doesn't occur with me. Even when I'm running a dedicated server...

its realy strange, the error appearing only on the pc of my GF and not on my pc , we have excactly the same installation and addons   confused_o.gif  

she will delete the mission in the mpchache and test again .otherwise we realy don`t know where to look.

I forgot to tell about the other errors/ bugs:

1. this is in you`re mission, when we are in the lobby and select an soldier and press connect we getting a loading screen ,but after a few min we get back in the lobby ,we must press again to connect to get ingame and seccond time it works

2. some errors , i think in an addon but i don`t know for sure maby you know something from it:

Bin\config.cpp/CFg.magazines.vil_20rnd_105mmsabot_m

Bin\config.cpp/CFg.vehicles/mgunclouds.scope

Bin\config.cpp/CFg.cfgweapons/mp5a5.c_mp5_single

Edit:

I played for an hour and don`t get the error ..i exit the game and joined later and i get also the error..

We realy like this mission and it is only your mission that gives that error, and we getting lot of desync when the server is longer playing.

And we tested you`re mission without the addons and that one runs without error.

2 Doomguy You dont understand me. I wished to ask why you use very old version of Warfare for your mod? Matt disable trucks in 113. Last version 114 have many optimization and features. You like these trucks?

On my server i have same mods as on your. Can you tell me please you load slx_gl3.pbo before ECS or after? And what version of Extended_Eventhandlers you have on server?

i tested the addons that you use in the mission just in the editor bit there are no problems , its something in the mission .

And is there not an file i  can read the complete error ?

Tried to play with the addon version again ..

we don`t get an error  this time but :

Now when i join the game i am a bird .a bird on the middle of hte ocean ..and no camps seeing on the map.so re-join and its ok ...

and AI just stand still they don`t move at all

crash to the desktop ..

And i didn`t change a thing in the mission ...

to many bugs in this one i think

2 Doomguy You dont understand me. I wished to ask why you use very old version of Warfare for your mod? Matt disable trucks in 113. Last version 114 have many optimization and features. You like these trucks?

On my server i have same mods as on your. Can you tell me please you load slx_gl3.pbo before ECS or after? And what version of Extended_Eventhandlers you have on server?

I kept the trucks in because they work fine for me. They are an addition to the game play because they increase the supply value of towns, if you keep them alive.

We've got slx_gl3.pbo later in the -mod list than ECS. We use version 1.9 of Extended Event Handlers. It's important to get the latest versions of ECS, slx_gl3.pbo, slx_netcode.pbo and the ECS Themis XEH compatability plugins.

To Boshart: addons that work in the editor are not garantueed to work in the MP game. I'm not sure what addons you use, perhaps you could post the full list?

Thanks,

Doomguy