Sign in to follow this  
Doomguy

Warfare Cooperative (WACO) v1.1.1

Ok! Thank you I looked over this when I tested this a while back..

Yo your mod is mad fun with the addons!

Yeah that really makes sense now that I think about it... I have to look over these scripts carefully, thanks!

I actually thought this determind how Units were predefind in vehicles:

_m = _m + [200 + (westBarracksCosts Select WSOLDIERTYPE) * 2]

I thought that Multiplied the amount... It probably does.

That multiplies the cost if I'm not mistaken. But doomguy knows a lot more about the code than I do. wink_o.gif Warfare in coop with this mod is indeed "mad fun". We play it with a few extra modifications (a combination of mods from sixth, ecs, slx and a few others) for an even tougher experience.

Yeah I found out this script multiplies it...

;Used to calculate amount of units needed to buy vehicle.

westOneManLightVehicles = []

for [{_count = Count _u - 1},{_count >= 0},{_count = _count - 1}] do {if (_o Select _count) then {westOneManLightVehicles = westOneManLightVehicles + [_count]};}

That code only adds the cost for the crew members of the vehicle. It does not determine how many crew members the vehicle will actually have, because that is done by the Server_BuyUnit script, and cannot be changed easily.

Edit: for some really mad fun, try the testing mode option. Practically infinite funds for both sides biggrin_o.gif

Oh okay! I see why they left the Airport_Config.sqs Su-34B like it was:

;EAST

_u = ["SU34"]

_d = [Localize "STR_DN_SU34"]

_c = [7000]

_m = [7000 + (westBarracksCosts Select WPILOTTYPE)]

_o = [true]

_t = [50]

_p = [50]

_i = ["\ca\air3\SU34\data\UI\Picture_su34_CA.paa"]

for [{_count = Count _u - 1},{_count >= 0},{_count = _count - 1}] do {Call Compile Format["%1TYPE = %2",_u Select _count,_count];}

Rick: No pain no gain tounge2.gif

Seems like a good Warfare for singleplayer smile_o.gif

ok ok point taken, was only thinking of all the addons to download for a multi player game but can see it being good as single player.. whistle.gif

What A.I. Improvement Addons do you all approve of? I see that Doomguy takes the respawn thing seriously in his mod LOL!

In our sessions, we play with:

ECS: all except tracers, armory (sounds)

SLX: slx_gl3.pbo, slx_netcode.pbo, slx_ecs_xeh.pbo

SIX Pack3: six_sys_ai.pbo, six_sys_suppression.pbo

VFAI: vfai_smokeshell.pbo

True: truegameplay-ai-hearing.pbo

PROPER: PROPER_Gameplay_No_AT_Use_Vs_Men_By_AI.pbo

That's about it for AI mods.

Doomguy

dunno if anyones tried this on LAN yet but im getting a chronic scripting error which shows up about every 30 seconds during the mission...it still seems to play but that error popping up constantly is very distracting as its a long one :-)

btw - what are all of those red flag markers on the map for?

Like the map, the best thing is being able to get more troops and viehcles when away from base. Do the racs make aircraft cos i did not notice any? smile_o.gif

Doomguy, well done. I like it.

Have you thought about hard-wiring in FFN MOD? The Ai are simply amazing and would be a REAL challenge to a human team.

[TAO] Kremator

Thanks DoomGuy Even the People I set in UH60 Choppers were landing and getting back in to leave, but I need to figure out if the A.I. will always run smoothly and not get stuck when it comes to choppers. With the listed A.I. Mods when I add them to the addon list will it run automatically or do I have to set them up? I can always look for them myself though and find out.

dunno if anyones tried this on LAN yet but im getting a chronic scripting error which shows up about every 30 seconds during the mission...it still seems to play but that error popping up constantly is very distracting as its a long one :-)

btw -  what are all of those red flag markers on the map for?

Hi Bigshot, sorry to hear about the error. Could you grab a screenshot when it happens and put it up somewhere? Or tell me what the warning is?

Edit: the red flag markers are starting positions.

Doomguy

Like the map, the best thing is being able to get more troops and viehcles when away from base. Do the racs make aircraft cos i did not notice any?  smile_o.gif

The RACS don't get aircraft in this version (only BLUFOR and REDFOR) I'm not sure how the RACS would use aircraft in a sensible way. Any ideas?

Doomguy, well done.  I like it.

Have you thought about hard-wiring in FFN MOD?  The Ai are simply amazing and would be a REAL challenge to a human team.

[TAO] Kremator

Thanks!

FFN sounds really interesting, but I haven't spend any time with it yet.

Thanks DoomGuy Even the People I set in UH60 Choppers were landing and getting back in to leave, but I need to figure out if the A.I. will always run smoothly and not get stuck when it comes to choppers. With the listed A.I. Mods when I add them to the addon list will it run automatically or do I have to set them up? I can always look for them myself though and find out.

The AI embarking/disembarking used to be very unpredictable in OFP, but I'm not sure how it is in ArmA. In my private version of WGL ZSCTI I used to just teleport the passengers right into the chopper if they took too long trying to embark.

You don't need any special setup for the AI mods listed, just put them in a mod folder and play.

Doomguy, well done. I like it.

Have you thought about hard-wiring in FFN MOD? The Ai are simply amazing and would be a REAL challenge to a human team.

[TAO] Kremator

I've tried FFN. It's interesting but I still prefer the combination of mods we use in our sessions. Especially slx_gl3 (group link) makes for some great AI encounters. If you haven't tried group link I suggest you do. Fire up ARMA with only slx_gl3 loaded, run a simple mission with several squads on the map and see what happens. The squads will communicate, pinpoint your location and hunt you down. pistols.gif Combine that with ai hearing, suppression and engagement improvements and you are in for a fight.

Boris Eberhart

Like the map, the best thing is being able to get more troops and viehcles when away from base. Do the racs make aircraft cos i did not notice any?  smile_o.gif

The RACS don't get aircraft in this version (only BLUFOR and REDFOR) I'm not sure how the RACS would use aircraft in a sensible way. Any ideas?

Yeah in my mod the RACS use Aircraft like there supposed to, they'll start out on land. Here is the cool part though, Depending on how you approach the town area, if you come in silent you can catch them off guard and they won't have the time too lift they'll choppers and leave. These guys will even attack your base! I've seen it happen. What they love to do is take out a cluster of your people with the missles the Ah-6 has in a line. they seem to miss but they plot out where your going first. I learned to jump out of the car when AH-6s show up and get back in them when MH-6s show up. MH-6s seem more agressive to infantry. The guys in AH-6 are the types that hit and run, the A.I. will even use the parachutes for a quick escape. I'm surprised every time. But the RACS Choppers are beat if you have Attack Choppers.

I finally had a few hours to play this mission and it was very nice. The AI helo's seem to work properly.....I was simply going around in a M1A1 taking towns, after about 1.5 hrs, the AI's wiped the enemy base out. I can now try different settings to make it last much longer, but it made for a great quick game using the extra funds. The adjustable options help alot when your gaming time is limited.

Is there any chance of this being made for the full Island?

Thanks again for the no addon version.

Hi SWAT_BigBear. It's great to hear you had a good time playing WACO! smile_o.gif

The problem with the full island is that it will degrade performance a lot... all the camps and depots check continously for the presence of units, and each town can spawn teams of resistance. I might do it, just to see if it could still work.

I have been working on a new version however. Its main features are:

- AI capture of the airport,

- AI use of airplanes (if they have the airport),

- much improved resistance team behavior (they will re-capture camps and perform better patrols),

- improved town defense teams (east or west teams that spawn to defend their towns),

- normal AI infantry teams also actively capture camps now,

- AI heavy teams move actively attack enemy bases and units,

- improved AI formation keeping and embarking behavior.

It will be released soon!

Doomguy

Regarding the airport, don't forget to add code to change the side of the airport. That way, if you add lines to the planes AI to refuel and rearm they could do so automatically by using the landAt command, landing at the airport and then taking of after rearming and refuelling.

mmmm, another thing. do you plan to add paratroopers code?

BTW, your version is the one I like most now. Very good enhancements!!

Regarding the airport, don't forget to add code to change the side of the airport. That way, if you add lines to the planes AI to refuel and rearm they could do so automatically by using the landAt command, landing at the airport and then taking of after rearming and refuelling.

mmmm, another thing. do you plan to add paratroopers code?

BTW, your version is the one I like most now. Very good enhancements!!

Yep, I have rewritten the airport code such that whoever owns the new 'Aeroporto' town also controls the airport (hangar). I actually have seen the AI automatically perform landings, supposedly to rearm and refuel.

Paratroopers... not sure. Do you have a pointer to mods that have it? Also, the AI would need to be able to use it too.

Good to hear that you like WACO. Thanks! smile_o.gif

Oh, by the way, I just released a new version in the top post!

wink_o.gif

Doomguy

I just wanted to say I love this version I'm having a great fight (as I type) for the airport I cleared most of the resistance and the damn SLA showed up in force aghhh.......

love it

Wow, works very well. I have edited the mission a little, mostly to add resistance helicopters, and to change a little the AI teams.

I have looked at your flawless code. Very elegant.

Now, some suggestions

- Para drop mission: AI could use transport choppers or planes to drop an squad over an enemy location. The basic code is already in the AI update advance squad.

- Enemy AI could use artillery.

- create some building or unit that repairs/rearms/refuels in the airport that changes sides when the airport is captured so planes can be ordered to land at the airport and then refuel/rearm/repair themselves.

Well, these are the things that have come to my mind.

....and again

very good work thumbs-up.gif

create a view distance feature. usefull as pilot .

with radio action or better, in "T" menu.

I agree that it could be useful. ECS does it automatically, btw.

Doomguy

Good Work Doom Guy when I get the chance I'll take a peek, Can't wait to see enemy planes fly above my head!