Sign in to follow this  
mireazma

4, follow 2!

I've looked trough the commands menu and couldn't find this. There should be somewhere... I think it's the corresponding for "commandFollow" in the script.

Quote[/b] ]I've looked trough the commands menu and couldn't find this. There should be somewhere... I think it's the corresponding for "commandFollow" in the script.

This is a result of the order to "Fall Back Into Formation". Usually in a multiplayer game with use of AI's, if the "Player" [You] get into a vehicle with your group in any other position than "Driver" you loose you ablility to have your group continue to follow you. You can still issue various orders but when it comes to "Fall Back Into Formation" you'll get a result of (all folllow 2) or (all follow all) or other variations.

I ment if I can issue this kind of order:

If I want 3 soldiers to follow let's say soldier2 so that I create a formation with its own leader and wherever I move the leader, the sub-group follows.

Thanks.

Quote[/b] ]I ment if I can issue this kind of order:

If I want 3 soldiers to follow let's say soldier2 so that I create a formation with its own leader and wherever I move the leader, the sub-group follows.

Thanks.

Oh sure that's easy. First of all each unit has a function key assigned to it (F2 through F12). Just as a quick simple way to divide a group first issue to all (` key) to "Stop" or "Wait for Me" Then use the "F2...F12" for the units you want to follow you. Then issue "Fall Back Into Formartion for those units you selected. The selected units will now follow you and the others will stay behind. A bit more advanced method would be to use (9 key) to select Team function.

1. Use F2....F12 to select units you want to assign to another group.

2. Hit (9 key..not the keypad) then select assign, then select the group you want to assign them to. Example 9,9,2. You have now assigned your selected units to "Team Green" {Note: Default Team is White"}

3. To issue orders to "Team Green" hit (9 key) then 2 to select "Team Green", then issue oders as you would normally do. Example: 9,2,1...Team Green ordered to move.

Man, thanks, I know the color teams.

So, I assume it's not possible what I want. How to explain it more clear...

I play very much multiplayer so I want to have one officer (me) and to give a few soldiers to another soldier under my command; that sub-officer would be a friend. So, I get rid of few soldiers and my friend gets them to command them however he thinks appropriate.

I've seen this in a single player mission (can't recall its name), where the group just split into 2 distinct groups. It's the mission in which you can't win and you get caught but not killed. Later on in that mission you watch through the binoculars and say: "Oh, my God! everybody's dead" and later - "don't shoot, don't shoot".

But what am I doing?

So the leader officer said "# follow #" and I had to stick with an officer's subordinate...

It sounds like you want to split one group into two?

If you are creating or editing a mission - use createGroup to create a new group, then join (he can order them about as a normal group), or use commandFollow to simply make them follow him.

If you mean you want to achieve this using only the command interface during a mission (which has no appropriate scripting) - I don't think it is possible.

I made a small example on intro island of a possible other solution to the follow command. But it needs all the soldiers of the squad to be named.

http://files.filefront.com/x22Introrar/;11812715;/fileinfo.html

Get the x22.intro folder from inside the rar archive and put it in your

...\Operation Flashpoint\Users\YourUserName\missions\

directory

The leader of the squad have a radio command "Split Squad".

Once the leader use this radio command, the squad is split in 2 independant teams.

3 soldiers will continue to follow the leader, and 4 will follow the "sub"leader that was part of the original squad.

The "Split Squad" radio com will not be available anymore, but it will be replaced by a "Rejoin Squad".

Using this new radio command will make the sub-leader and his 4 men to join again the main leader to form back the original squad.

The "Rejoin Squad" radio command will then disappear to be replaced by the "Split Squad" again, allowing the players to use again the same trick as much as they want.

Additionally, this should solve the MP problem of not falling back in formation anymore if leader does not sit in driver of a vehicle, as in each radio action, soldier join their original leader even if they don't split.

Note : every human player of the squad have access to both "Split Squad" and "Rejoin Squad" radio commands, so they could decide anytime to do the split/rejoin thing.

This obviously will work better if you and your friend are the soldiers named MainLeader and SubLeader.

Thanks.

I (half) made some scripts to "enroll" or "dismiss" individual soldiers in and from the group.

This way from a platoon, each of us - me and my friend, can pick who we like and exchange them ingame. Just now I'm working at when to appear and when not to appear the actions on the soldiers.

I just wanted to know whether I could skip the scripting and do it by the means of the game itself.

Opps,

Don't understand how this post got here, must of pressed the wrong button by mistake.

When you split teams into colours and then give them a waypoint, they follow the unit with the highest rank keeping their postion in formation as if the whole group was sent.

So the idea is to have you as the leader and your friend as the next highest ranked person in the team.

This is what your team will look like in formation

*2  *3

*4     *5

*6         *7

*8             *9

So if you put 5,6,7,8,9 in team red then they will run around quite a long distance apart. like this

*6         *7

*8             *9

So the best idea is to have your friends team as 2,4,6,8 ect ect so that they will all stay close together when they stop.

In multiplayer all you need to do is give your friend and his team a waypoint anywhere and as long as he does not radio 0,1 (ready) they should keep following him.

I still use the above mentioned radio method in missions I have edited because the formations are easy to manage and change.

About your question in the other topic relating to position reporting, I think you can do it by using the radio command keys 5,X   or it might be 0,X (with no team mate selected) but I can't remember for sure.

If you get stuck with the 3 follow 4 thing from a vehicle, you the leader can press 0,1 once you have left the vehicle and then return them to formation and it should work.

isn't one of the commands just .. dofollow? SoldierA dofollow SoldierB

I think you could mess with the surrender scripts because in that you can pick which surrendered soldier will follow you. You could play around with it and change it around.