Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

SJB Submachinegun Pack

After numerous tests, it appears that VictorFarbau's vfai addon causes problems with your weapon pack. When I haven't got it in my addons folder, I have no problems. As soon as I use vfai no magazines are recognised for the HK53's.

Hope this helps Jackal........

Well,you forgot SJB_TOS_MP7A1_SD_ZPoint from your config. whistle.gif

Well,you  forgot SJB_TOS_MP7A1_SD_ZPoint from your config. whistle.gif

Yeah, no-one noticed that I also haven't defined the TMPs yet :P Its a BETA, sue me biggrin_o.gif

i get a error message saying No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/SoldierMB.scope'.

other than that great work on the Smg pack! thumbs-up.gif

Can't wait for the other packs! smile_o.gif

I can't comprehend how much work and time has been put into this massive amount of weapons wow_o.gifnotworthy.gifsmile_o.gif

The amount of custom sights and every weapon in the pack with around 3 different sights for every weapon and counting the amount of weapons in the pack is making my head ache tounge2.gif

Take a break and work out the last tiny bits when you get the time for it. wink_o.gif

i get a error message saying No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/SoldierMB.scope'.

Then you probably don't have Queen's Gambit. Uninstall the Mercenary units (as they require QG) and the error will go away.

Any chance for an ammo box with these weapons in it? Or maybe a list of class names for the weapons and ammo so I can drop them in my own box?

Class names are in the "readme" included in the download. Great addon and I love the merc units. yay.gif

Huh? Really there's this many SMG's and no ammobox? I never looked for the crate, just tried the merqs and added some class name to Mando Bombs so they were air dropped in a box.

I have QG installed but i didn't use the QG shortcut but i can load Porto island and new sahrani island tounge2.gif

I have QG installed but i didn't use the QG shortcut but i can load Porto island and new sahrani island  tounge2.gif

Well, do yuo see the default QG Mercs in the editor? If not, then thats why my mercs aren't working, they need the default Mercs loaded - they not only use textures from the default QG mercs, but they also inherit from their classes.

@Salvatore_Lee: I'll see what I can do, but the Mercs were primarily a bonus addon, and inititally were a fun project. I may release an update, I may not, I still haven't decided. The SMG update is my main priority.

@All: I've made some progress with the SMG Pack update, fixing a few bugs here and there (mainly with the aimpoint and eotech sights being hard to make out, though the eotech reticle still requires further work). I have however come to a point where I need to take suggestions from the community as to what to do next with the weapon's animations.

After a few suggestions to further animate the MP5 series' (correctly rotating the charging handle into the locking lug when its pulled back when the magazine is empty), which I have done, this has caused another issue. When the MP5 is reloaded when it ISN'T EMPTY, the charging handle is rotated downwards and back up again into place; its only quick, but its noticable. I haven't, as yet, been able to find a way to change this. If I do, its a bonus, but if I don't, do you want to keep the charging handle animations the way they are (so they simply draw back and don't rotate), or will you all settle for the slight visual bug of the charging handle being rotated downward even when it shouldn't be?

Quote[/b] ]If I do, its a bonus, but if I don't, do you want to keep the charging handle animations the way they are (so they simply draw back and don't rotate), or will you all settle for the slight visual bug of the charging handle being rotated downward even when it shouldn't be?

If you don't find a solution, I'd reckon include the charging handle rotation anyway - the only times I've seen full reloads is by myself (I do it all the time in MP) and AI picking up weapons from a crate. Neither would bother me if the charging handle was rotated. smile_o.gif Cheers for working on it, I remember back in the day helping Skaven out with rotating the charging handle on the G3s he imported. biggrin_o.gif

You dont have to lock the cocking lever back into the

cocking lever housing indent when you reload any of the

Heckler & Koch weapons. You can make it ready by just

pulling and releasing the cocking lever. The only proviso to

that is if you have overfilled the mag you won't be able to

get it in with the bolt forward.

... any plans of setting up a UMP version with 9 mm ammo?

biggrin_o.gif

awesome work btw

Yes, I'd already included a few UMP9 Models, I just hadn't coded them in yet.

@CameronMcDonald: In that case I may need to contact you with regard to getting these to work correctly as I am having a few issues besides correct rotation.

@Col. Faulkner: I know, but I wanted t try and simulate the "MP5 Slap" reloading technique. Might even include the sound in the reload.