Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

EricM's Kamov KA-52 Alligator Released

Excellent work, it handles very well but as mentioned landing can be tricky, hey i just had my character model killed by the rotors after a not very successfull landing, that was a surprise.

Thanks for filling in the missing SLA air units, couldnt stand the BIS Kamov but with the hind and now the Alligator life is good smile_o.gif .

Looks great Eric but I have a question. Testing the Ka-52 in the armoury, I have no co-pilot\gunner. Is it possible to enable a co-pilot by default?

Looks great Eric but I have a question. Testing the Ka-52 in the armoury, I have no co-pilot\gunner. Is it possible to enable a co-pilot by default?

Co-pilot is enable.

I suspect the "armoury" thing removes the co-pilot.

Use the editor like normal people do wink_o.gif

The "armoury thing" doesn't remove the co-pilot or any gunners, drivers or commanders. I only have 2 3rd party items which does not load AI crew members, this and the Hind D. Everything else works fine, I was just asking if it is possible to enable a co-pilot\gunner in the Ka-52.

The "armoury thing" doesn't remove the co-pilot or any gunners, drivers or commanders. I only have 2 3rd party items which does not load AI crew members, this and the Hind D. Everything else works fine, I was just asking if it is possible to enable a co-pilot\gunner in the Ka-52.

I have observed this weird behaviour too.

Maybe some config switch in main class, like hasGunner ? ? ? Or?

edit: yes, it is the hasGunner switch. Set it true. CfgVehicles\EricM_Ka52.hasGunner -> 1

Hi, one nice detail will be that the KA-52 drops the rotors blades if

you eject from the chopper or above certain heights. Let's C ya

Downloaded and tested for a while now and found it to be a worthy addition. Flight was impeccable and landing was not too bad if on level ground. Tried with AI and could not fault it. For anyone that has played SP Evolution I have edited the script that spawns the KA-50 and adapted it to use the 2-seat KA52.

Duca

Superb aircraft, flies well, and the quality, especially from the outside, is astounding.

I'm with wipman: if you ever plan on updating this, consider a proper ejection sequence! I guess there's maybe a way of having the rotors disappear same way as they do when destroyed, and have the crew shot into the air.

Seriously cracking addon though. thumbs-up.gif

edit: yes, it is the hasGunner switch. Set it true. CfgVehicles\EricM_Ka52.hasGunner -> 1

Cheers for that zGuba, which file do I need to edit and do I need any special programs to edit the file?

Thanks for your help, it's greatly appreciated.

Cheers for that zGuba, which file do I need to edit and do I need any special programs to edit the file?

NP  smile_o.gif

Use Kegetys ArmA Tools pack elements: cPBO [unpack], unRap [config.bin -> config.cpp], edit the file and throw the .bin out, then cPBO again [pack]. But remember that modified addon won't be compatible with EricM's sign.

Guest RKSL-Rock

NP  smile_o.gif

Use Kegetys ArmA Tools pack elements: cPBO [unpack], unRap [config.bin -> config.cpp], edit the file and throw the .bin out, then cPBO again [pack]. But remember that modified addon won't be compatible with EricM's sign.

*cough* dont forget to ask EricM for permission before you release anything.

it seems like the radar animation in the cockpit, rotates backward when in gunner seat

*cough* dont forget to ask EricM for permission before you release anything.

I doubt if he woould release it as "my own Ka-52 with gunner avaiable in the Armory!" smile_o.gif

Hi, the best tool that i know for pack/unpack .pbo's and also edit

.bin files (like configs or that) is the: Voyager's PBOview 1.1 . Which is an

amazing tool that saved my life due to how simple it's of use and

how well it works, so i don't have to make 3.000 turns as with the

Keg's (my dear amish "friend") tools which requires knowledge and

luck; things that the townfolks like me, don't have in excess. Let's C ya

This is Eric's aircraft and baby, I have no intention to release anything. All I wanted was to have an AI gunner for the armoury. I'm going to email Eric as per his wishes and ask his permission to edit the files.

Once again thanks for all your help zGuba.

.....so i don't have to make 3.000 turns as with the

Keg's (my dear amish "friend") tools which requires knowledge and

luck; things that the townfolks like me, don't have in excess. Let's C ya

I beg to differ, I use kegetys tools as they are intergrated into the shell. Double click on a pbo to open it and righclick and choose 'create Pbo' to create one. Cant be easier.

Another good thing is that kegs programs open up anything, it havent failed yet on any pbo.

Yes, there's a little bug with the radar in the gunner view going backward.

I fixed it already with a few other things mentionned in this thread (destroyed geometry lod, floating antena...). I'm waiting a little bit more to see if anything else arises before releasing the new version.

I edited to land contact too to make it a bit easier to land as well.

No problem with the "armoury fix", but please send me your modification so that I can include it in a later release.

Has anyone written, that the external lights are misplaced?

Position lights are a little away from its original position, the light comes out from nothing and needs to get a little raised, so that the pilot can see the lighted area.

- XEH : I didn't include any fancy event handlers, only very basic defines inspired by BIS choppers (Ka50 & AH1Z). Don't know why there would be any trouble why other addons...

There is no trouble as such. Just that some addons dont kick in without XEH. For example you need to start outside the heli to get Myke's Dynamic Viewdistance to work (everyone that flies a lot in ArmA should use that god sent addon). That is just 1 example. So nothing gets messed up, just that things dont work (kick in).

I thaught XEH was the standard today? Since so many use many different addons.

Regards

Alex

72 @ Sep. 17 2008,22:25)]I thaught XEH was the standard today? Since so many use many different addons.

Regards

Alex

SHit I wish. Then I wouldn't have to ask to have it added all the time. biggrin_o.gif

From what I gather, it takes a few minutes to add though. If it's needed I can PM a tutorial.

Quote[/b] ]

From what I gather, it takes a few minutes to add though. If it's needed I can PM a tutorial.

Please do so. However, it will mean a new dependency on the XEH, right ? People who don't have it will have to download it first to use...

Is there a way to make it "compatible" yet no mandatory ?

Everyone has XEH, or should have it. It's needed for a ton of different addons that use any kind of eventhandlers, starting with the invaluable MaddMatt's effects. As a bonus, it's tiny, so it can easily be added to your download package. smile_o.gif

Regards,

Wolfrug

I miss to see why XEH is needed for this addon, it doesnt use any eventhandlers. XEH should be totally irrellevant in this case.

Please do so. However, it will mean a new dependency on the XEH, right ? People who don't have it will have to download it first to use...

Is there a way to make it "compatible" yet no mandatory ?

Gnat @ Sep. 18 2008,11:57)]*looks around for the simple tutorial: How to add XEH to your addon* ..........  whistle.gif

Try using the configs I PMed you two guys  smile_o.gif