Sign in to follow this  
TeRp

BWMod

About transparency bug :

Quote[/b] ]I had a look at the BIS m1a1 tracks and i think i found the problem but haven´t tested it yet. BIS uses RGBA _CO DXT1 for the tracks and not RGBA _CA DXT5 so maybe thats causing the Prob will test this later...

You kind of nailed it. I had the same problem in my hind cockpit. Basicaly, DXT5 allows you to have smooth 8bit transparency variation (good for glass and semi transparent stuff), BUT for some reason, Arma sometime has hard time to make it 100% opaque = transparency bug...

On the other hand DXT1 only has 2 bit transparency (fully transparent or fully opaque). Hence no transparency bug when used and lower file size. However : you won't get smoothing between opaque/transparent and might get fringed borders in some curves...

Hope it helps

Wow that one worked EricM, thanks a lot.

Actually, da12thmonkey suggested the excat same thing: to use co instead of ca. But dumb TeRp just renamed the texture file from _ca to _co and thought that'd fix it. whistle.gif

Well, now that I know I had to change the settings in TexView, the transparency bug has been fixed. Kudos to you!

About transparency bug :
Quote[/b] ]I had a look at the BIS m1a1 tracks and i think i found the problem but haven´t tested it yet. BIS uses RGBA _CO DXT1 for the tracks and not RGBA _CA DXT5 so maybe thats causing the Prob will test this later...

You kind of nailed it. I had the same problem in my hind cockpit. Basicaly, DXT5 allows you to have smooth 8bit transparency variation (good for glass and semi transparent stuff), BUT for some reason, Arma sometime has hard time to make it 100% opaque = transparency bug...

On the other hand DXT1 only has 2 bit transparency (fully transparent or fully opaque). Hence no transparency bug when used and lower file size. However : you won't get smoothing between opaque/transparent and might get fringed borders in some curves...

Hope it helps

Thanks Eric for the detailed information i thought i was on the right way with this information it makes some things much easier. thumbs-up.gif

72 @ Sep. 14 2008,16:49)]Just tested to shoot with Ike's T90 at 3 tanks (all at lower front hull): T90, Mateck's M1A1 and the Leopard 2A6.

The M1A1 and T90 could take 3 shots (AP) even though the M1A1 took some time before blowing up, and the Leopard 2A6 could take only 2. Is this realistic or should it be modified? Anyway, just wanted to put it out there as it blows up very easy, for me anyway as i use Ike's and Mateck's tanks. I think this Leopard should be up to standards of those 2 when it comes to fire power and armour just to make them all play well together smile_o.gif Thats just my opinion though. More armour in front and less on sides and only 1 shot at back of the tank would be sweet too.

May be the armorStructural value is selected too low. It makes a tank more resistant, but I consider the 2A6 as very well ballanced for the moment.

A RPG hit disables the tracks and a sabot hit in the back destroys the tank.

Changing the armorStructural value need complete rebalancing of the hitzones armor values. But a replacement-config to modify the values of the 2A6 can be added without changing the released version. May be someone can check for a good balanced armor config, which can be introduced in a future release of the BWMod.  smile_o.gif

Well Done Metalchris, Terp and all other included.

mike

if T90 is equal Abrams M1A2 (Mateck made newest Abrams as I know) then something is wrong

T90 is uparmoured, new electronics version of T72, M1A1, M1A2 are stronger

T90 has ERA but it is effective against cumulative rockets, not ap bullets

in my opinion they made too strong addons, not BW MOD :]

Nice addon, i have try it this morning and i love the leopard and the small tank.

Just a suggestion, add a reload time for the machinegun of the loader of the leopard. Actually he reload in less than one second, it's not realistic.

And maybe add some tracer bullets to the main machinegun of the leopard.

Nice job ! wink_o.gif

if T90 is equal Abrams M1A2 (Mateck made newest Abrams as I know) then something is wrong

T90 is uparmoured, new electronics version of T72, M1A1, M1A2 are stronger

T90 has ERA but it is effective against cumulative rockets, not ap bullets

in my opinion they made too strong addons, not BW MOD :]

We tried to include CAVS-like values in the ERA project.

I think Mateck values base on the NWD tanks.

Actually we lack some communication, when it comes to balancing, but I regard CAVS and WGL values to be the best knowledge base available at the moment.

Hi, could we see again the Marder A3 released as stand alone some

day?, i'll like to play with it again and sure that many other players

too; also... the RACS will love to burn theyr shitty M113's A3 in

favour of some Marders, but i think that there's a inutile "addons

request threat" aka loose your time in a foreign language... "somewhere"

on this forums. Let's C ya

Gotcha modEmMaik.

Yeah i didnt mean to change it, but if all the new awesome tanks could be balanced against eachother, it would be sweet. And i dont mean balanced as in taking the same amount of hits, but that one of the tanks act as a "value-guide line" for the rest and they all get the "real" values compared to eachother. English not my first language lol, hope it was understandable. wink_o.gif

Regards

Alex

Thanks to a lot of help from modemMaik, I'd be happy to anounce we've just released another beta, even though we're a little late for christmas (at least in Germany wink_o.gif).

We added some weapons and a simple rifleman, make sure to check the first post of this thread for more info and a picture.

Have fun and enjoy christmas everyone!

Awesome!

I used to love making missions using BWMod for the OFP.Info server back in the day, looking forward to testing these.

Congrats on releasing and merry Christmas. smile_o.gif

Sorry for the double post. I forgot to check if someone else posted since my last one.

Thanks Terp and BWM. Merry Xmas.

Just a quick report of an error message I received on the main ArmA page. "Pictue \bwmod_ui\wallpaper\leopard2a6.paa not found" appears if I don't use the BWMod_ui.pbo. I didn't notice this in the pervious versions so I figured I should post it.

Likewise, I guess a lot of people will want to use their own UI. Nice work though guys! The MG4 and Panzershreck are great fun to use. thumbs-up.gif

I also get one when I load United Sahrani in the Editor.(It's the only Island I tried thus far.

"Picture \bwmod_ui\wallpaper\ltiger.paa not found"

Yeah, the BWMod_ui.pbo only includes the wallpapers itself, not the config. I'll make the UI optional in the next release. smile_o.gif

Damn... I can't play the BW MOD, because when I load I've this error and only with BW MOD 0.3:

bugnf8.jpg

Someone can help me?

Wow that is quite odd. I don't get this error but then again I don't use the BWM_UI.pbo. Did you try the game without the UI.pbo? Give that a try. The only error Iget from not using this .pbo is an error messade about wallpaper.

Besides this, I can't offer anymore suggestions. confused_o.gif

Yea...I get the same error Dr.Rebus.  I did the same as you Manzilla, took the ui.pbo's out and it works but I get that same annoying error.  It's got to be the texture size cause I have an ATI card.

GD Mast