Sign in to follow this  
TeRp

BWMod

BWMod v0.4 released on Jan, 23!

Hey everyone.

After a lot of work we've finished yet another load of addons, this time it's the Wiesel MK20 as well as the UH-1D (transport and SAR variant). Helifreak's Wiesel MK20 should be a nice addition to the Wiesel 2 Ozelot and OPK's UH1D should provide the necessary transport means for our troops which had to move on foot until now.

Also there've been quite a few bugfixes, and the BWMod_UI.pbo is now optional. If you don't like it, just trash it. smile_o.gif

We'd like to thank Sgt.Ace (Project '85) for adding working instruments to the UH1D and especially RockofSL for allowing us to use his Dynamic Rotor System and helping me implementing it into the UH-1D.

Some pics by burns:

wiesel_mk20_1_tn.jpgwiesel_mk20_2_tn.jpg

High Resolution: Pic #1 Pic #2

uh1d_1_tn.jpguh1d_2_tn.jpg

High Resolution: Pic #1 Pic #2

Have fun!

You might be better of downloading from one of the mirrors instead, gamepark.cz has been very slow lately.

Alternative links to the pictures if those are down too:

http://armed-assault.de/screenshots/bwmod_04-1_1_4819.jpg

http://armed-assault.de/screenshots/bwmod_04-2_1_4820.jpg

http://armed-assault.de/screenshots/bwmod_04-3_1_4821.jpg

http://armed-assault.de/screenshots/bwmod_04-4_1_4822.jpg

Download link:

Download v0.4 Public Beta

Mirrors:

Mirror #1 - Thanks to ArmedAssault.de

Mirror #2 - Thanks to ePrison.de

Mirror #3 - Thanks to armaholic.com

Mirror #4 - Thanks to armedassault.info

Mirror #5 - Thanks to armabase.de

Did some blitz testing and i must say: astonishing!

There are some config glitches here and there. I will give detailed feedback ASAP.

I say again, a very very awesome tank and i really hope there will be more of such releases, even if they aren't finished so the comunity may help fixing it! notworthy.gif

You gotta be kinding me? What a pleasant surprise. I look forward to checking this out when I finish up some work. Thanks.

I've found a problem with the loader position while using this in conjunction with the SLX Mod. While sitting in that position the unit member is sticking out of the hatch regardless of whether turned in or out.

Just a hunch here but could this have something to do with a lack of XEH compatibility? I didn't see anything about the 2A6 needing XEH to play so that's the first thing that came to mind. Not sure if it matters in this case.

If so, could you add XEH compatibility or allow someone to fix it for you in case you don't have the time atm. I've heard it only takes a few minutes to add XEH to the config and there are a few people around that can do it. I'd do it for my personal use but it's a little out of my skill range.

I checked your site every day at least three times to see anything out yet, and now I am giggly like a schoolgirl!!! Please continue your mod, you guys are making beautiful add-ons, thank you! biggrin_o.gif

Absolutely stunning!

I tried it on Scmaldafaden and it was amazing, The Textures and the models are put together so well!

Keep it up!! wink_o.gif

Awesome work!

It needs Extended eventhandlers though i think? As armaeffects dont kick in as it should. And i notice (maybe because of my other addons though) i cant shoot from the commander seat. Looking through the optics and press left mouse will tell the driver to drive instead of shooting the gun.

But great work! Model and textures are superb. Please add XEH and do some fixes and we have yet another super tank. Thank you. smile_o.gif

EDIT: Forgot: I cant move the gun around at all in commander seat when outside view (3d person). And only left/right when inside (V). Funny to see AI change to HE when taking out infatry lol. They used HE instead of MG.

Regards

Alex

There are some config glitches here and there. I will give detailed feedback ASAP.

Appreciated, can't wait for your post.  thumbs-up.gif

To all the other guys mentioning problems while using XEH, SLX, ...

I haven't put any effort in making this addon compatible with other mods. In fact, the only enviroment I used this addon in was vanilla ArmA. I'm sorry to disapoint you, but I don't have enough time to get into making our addons compatible to some or all of those awesome mods out there. My focus will remain on 'finishing' what we have and release it. I might add some stuff later on, but first I'd like to try releasing some more stuff we still have in our pipeline, waiting to be finished.

72 @ Sep. 12 2008,23:15)]EDIT: Forgot: I cant move the gun around at all in commander seat when outside view (3d person). And only left/right when inside (V). Funny to see AI change to HE when taking out infatry lol. They used HE instead of MG.

The commander doesn't have a gun. Only the gunner and the loader have. You gotta switch seats to use the MG3 on top of turret smile_o.gif

I'll check the HE infantry engaging, as well as the balance (someone mentioned the guns are overpowered). As a matter of fact, I haven't tried a tank battle yet and just used the old armor and damage values we had back in the OFP days.

Oh and before I forgot, whenever the loader is turned out, reloading takes longer. Make sure your loader stays in if you need it.

Not a problem if a fix comes later. I'm happy with this regardless. Beautiful model. Thanks again.

Awesome, the Leopard 2 is one of the tanks that I anticipate de most to see in ArmA.

I don't think that the Leopard 2 cannon or rounds (Sabot) are too powerfull specially if compared with BIS M1 Abrams and its Sabot rounds (it seems to me that both have basically the same destructive power), but the reloading times are perhaps too fast (specially compared with BIS M1 Abrams).

And I even think that the HE rounds are a bit too underpowered.

Nice addon.

Will all BW Mod addons be on West side?

Why not put them as neutral?

Well just let other people figure out the fix and incorporate it.

Excellent work, very nice to have this vehicle in game. With regard to the optics I'll have a look how to use the proper files already included in the addon and define them with the appropriate magnification.

Regards,

Sander

Nice addon.

Will all BW Mod addons be on West side?

Why not put them as neutral?

In my oppinion it makes sense that the German unit be part of the west side, afterall Germany belongs to NATO and every (or most) military actions that Germany will take abroad will be within NATO (and sometimes UN) mandates and this basically means "West" and never "neutral" or "independent" to be more precise.