Sign in to follow this  
norsu

Vehicle interior lighting problems

I'm having problems with vehicle interior.

It seems that no matter what I do with rvmat or model settings the HDR lighting will always go nuts inside the interior. Outside the model things are fine and it looks just like every other model but inside the lighting makes everything slowly brighter until the whole interior is white or grey with some spots of green here and there. I remember seeing similar anomalies with Stryker in ArmA 1.0 that were fixed in later patches.

Any idea what causes this?

I agree, a very strange effect.

But the BMP-2 interior seems to be OK (I reused the driver's part for a T-72 driver cargo), so I would suggest that you might check the bmp2interior rvmat and the cargo LOD of the BMP-2.

I noticed this effect within the buldozer view on a model, I am actually working on. But I have not noticed this effect in game...  yet  crazy_o.gif

Check config values:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">   viewXXXShadowDiff = NN;

viewXXXShadowAmb = NN;

M113 example:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">    // let only small amount of direct light go through, to avoid shadow artifacts

viewCargoShadowDiff = 0.05;

// reduce amount of ambient light as well

viewCargoShadowAmb = 0.5;