Sign in to follow this  
EWAAR

Trouble importing in O2

Right here it goes,

I am having some trouble importing a model into O2. The model was created in blender then i exported it as a .3ds file. Then when i try to import it in to O2, I get an error message that says “Missing KFDATA sectionâ€. After i click OK nothing happens.

Any advice on this would be much appreciated.

You need a program to add a fake KFDATA section.

Among tested I know of anim8tor and Deep Exploration. The first one is for free, the other one has free trail.

When exporting from Anim8tor you get an option to add fake KFDATA section, DE does that without asking IIRC.

Of course you could also export as .obj file. You need to cut along the hard edges in Blender either way to get propper hardness (enable "no merge" in O2 import to not merge the edges back).

After I exported the model as .obj. But now when i try to import it into O2 there is error no message but the model is not showing up.

Any ideas?

Quote[/b] ] there is error message

An error message isn't a advertisment you ignore...it often explains what is wrong. So...if you could post the exact error line, we can help more wink_o.gif .

Wild guess: It says one or more faces contains more then 4 vertexes (can't remember the exact error code).

If so, you need to make sure all faces don't have more then 4 vertexes (so a poly). Often this happens with end-caps of cilinder or if you use the remove edge tool to reduce your model.

Quick fix is to simply trianglize your model...if you original program has the feature.

But again, feel free to post the real error you encounter...

sorry thats ment to there is no error message.

but that could be the problem.

in o2 after import press strg + a and look in bottomline.

are there points and faces? if yes, press space bar to center view on the selection (strg+a), zoom in and zoom out till you see something.

it is possible to import stuff that is so big or so small that o2 dont show it. other possibility is that the imported model didnt get centred, so its somewhere you just dont see it. circling around with free view can help finding it.

usually no error message means there was no error.

Try this from ofpec.

Only thing is the resize effect, which I have not been able to fix, yet.

It seems that the imported .3ds is about 10 times smaler after export + import by O2. I used the O2 release candidate to export .3ds and import it after the anim8or KDATA fix.

BR,

mike

:edit: I know Panda already stated this, but the ofpec thread shows where to enable the fake KDATA section. Until now, no error message in my cases from O2 and the model was imported correct and visible.