Sign in to follow this  
Hawk666

Casual Coop playing?

Although I hate their guts, I would suggest checking out the CiA coop nights.

Every now and again Var likes to shoot you in the back and they can take it a lil too far in both extreams of professionalism and immaturity, but back in the OFP days their coops were quite fun for a more serious player.

At least you don't bear a grudge eh? smile_o.gif

I'm sure that you yourself have also made mistakes from time to time and don't need them constantly being dredged up again, perhaps next time you can just say "I would suggest checking out the CiA coop nights." and leave it at that please.

@Andre:

If you are looking for a casual coop game, other that the usual evo, warfare and SL, you might wanna check CIA, GOL, or my own clan KH, as we all host events from time to time (CIA on a regular basics) open to public. Just look for MP section announcements.

If you are looking for a non-respawn tourney, you might wanna look into OFCRA. They are french indeed, but they have recently started having a "Foreign Legion" on each side. Worth checking it.

-I am currently a 14 month IC vet, former MOD lead, 9 month ATOW member - 2 as active member, 1 month OFCRA member. Al are different in terms of gameplay, the IC has the most players and altogether it is virtually lag-free.

@andersson:

That is something that has been discussed in the past, the only problem is that it might affect even more the server FPS (bear in mind that the common numbers are ~90 every game), which is already low, and it would need a total rehaul of the MOD (implementing the scripts), and the way everything is set. I am not saying it might be better or worse (in terms of gameplay will surely make it more challenging indeed), as i never got the chance to test it. Maybe in the future (read ArmA 2) or in a test game.

Sorry for the offtopic parts...;)

Your concept is quite interesting so,

But for a game to be "serious", any respawn or revive must be disabled: 1 life / 1 battle day.

If you disable respawn, you force a mature and realist gameplay, obliging tactical approach and teamplay...

Else, you quickly get a circus full of kids spawning, running, fragging, dying, spawning, running, fragging, dying, spawning, running, fragging, dying...

What a pity you set 30 secondes respawn.

The only serious thing about a 50 vs 50 pvp game with no respawn is how boring it would be. Think about it - at the start of a 3 hour capture & hold game you sit as a passenger in a helicopter and the chopper gets shot down. Game over. Did you have fun? I didn't think so. Near the end there are only a couple of guys hiding from each other and I doubt they would be having much fun either.

It's better not to demand so much realism in the game mechanics because otherwise you wouldn't have a game. You already have realism in how the combat itself works, everything else is secondary if it stands in the way of having a good time for everyone.

Please Celery, do not feel offenced by what I am going to say, but you cannot understand an old man like me.

I am 40 years old and what an adult is looking for is not a game but simulation and realism: on the battlefield, when you die, you do not respawn.

You are in age to assault, to kill lot of enemies, but for an old man like me, even a reco mission for hours without any kill, only observing, progressing stealth through opfor position... is a great and funny time.

Think how you play with respawn 30 secondes on... And now, think how you should practise if no respawn and like you said: "game over" if you die.... Do you know what I mean ?

You will understand me when you will be 20 years more. ;-)

I hear you man! However, I don't think it's an age issue, but a character one. I liked that game style you talk about even at my early twenties.

Likewise. I know adults that lack the patience for anything other than respawn+frag, and I know of countless players that were as young as me when we joined units like IRDF and 23rd.

Playing any games, including co-ops with respawn removes all the excitement and tension that these players thrive off. The only exception i've noticed were the huge XDF JOs in OFP, and they had very long respawn waits.

Daniel @ Sep. 25 2008,19:31)]The only exception i've noticed were the huge XDF JOs in OFP, and they had very long respawn waits.

I remember those days, them games where awesome.

We have little gang ArmA oriented guys in JTF-2 that usually plays co-op missions only. We could welcome few mature and well behave guys on our team  biggrin_o.gif

http://www.jtf-2.com