Sign in to follow this  
Hawk666

Casual Coop playing?

Hi,

can anybody recommend me a server etc. where I can play serious coop from time to time. Don't have the time to play regularly.

Thanks.

We occasionally run coop missions on our server (our server is called The Citadel).  At this point we play 70% pvp and 30% coop.  If you two want to play sometime this week let me know and we can work out a specific time to play.  We use Ventrilo to communicate.

http://rocksraiders.com/forum/index.php

On Tuesdays you are welcome to join on the Comrades in Arms server from 20:00 CET. For details on Teamspeak server and Arma server location see:

Comrades in Arms site

Regards,

Sander

Join the SHOOT server mate. Members are always on there and our TS is open to the public. Look on our site for details.

You are always welcome on the 3PARA Server. Just go to our website and download our addon pack: www.3para-hq.co.uk and filter 3PARA ingame to see our server

Hope to see you soon,

Ghost

A couple of us play some coop missions casually Friday 10pm EST, servers in Eastern US.  If interested shoot me a PM or catch me on XFire under Jscreed

I will get time to read your forums to know what rules and what addons and mods are required to join your events...

We run plain ArmA, no addons.  Hawk666 and Andre, our server is located in New York, USA.

I would suggest TacticalGamer.com. Great server for those who don't have time to commit to the more serious outfits.

Although I hate their guts, I would suggest checking out the CiA coop nights.

Every now and again Var likes to shoot you in the back and they can take it a lil too far in both extreams of professionalism and immaturity, but back in the OFP days their coops were quite fun for a more serious player.

He asked for casual coop playing, and you linked a TvT tournament? Doesn't seem to be the answer he's looking for at all.

His post asked for "serious coop from time to time" which we do play over at IC on occasion. So the link is indeed accurate smile_o.gif

Your concept is quite interesting so,

But for a game to be "serious", any respawn or revive must be disabled: 1 life / 1 battle day.

If you disable respawn, you force a mature and realist gameplay, obliging tactical approach and teamplay...

Else, you quickly get a circus full of kids spawning, running, fragging, dying, spawning, running, fragging, dying, spawning, running, fragging, dying...

What a pity you set 30 secondes respawn.

The only serious thing about a 50 vs 50 pvp game with no respawn is how boring it would be. Think about it - at the start of a 3 hour capture & hold game you sit as a passenger in a helicopter and the chopper gets shot down. Game over. Did you have fun? I didn't think so. Near the end there are only a couple of guys hiding from each other and I doubt they would be having much fun either.

It's better not to demand so much realism in the game mechanics because otherwise you wouldn't have a game. You already have realism in how the combat itself works, everything else is secondary if it stands in the way of having a good time for everyone.

How would Norrin's revive script work in a big game like IC:Arma?

Please Celery, do not feel offenced by what I am going to say, but you cannot understand an old man like me.

I am 40 years old and what an adult is looking for is not a game but simulation and realism: on the battlefield, when you die, you do not respawn.

You are in age to assault, to kill lot of enemies, but for an old man like me, even a reco mission for hours without any kill, only observing, progressing stealth through opfor position... is a great and funny time.

Think how you play with respawn 30 secondes on... And now, think how you should practise if no respawn and like you said: "game over" if you die.... Do you know what I mean ?

You will understand me when you will be 20 years more. ;-)

Even though I am half your age it doesn't mean that I don't understand you. However your wish of having a no respawn game for 100 players isn't very thoughtful of the others who have waited to play in the battle and then most of them die in a way that they could do nothing about. Talk about an anticlimax.

In pvp multiplayer it doesn't matter if you have respawn or not, it still comes down to when the opposing players see each other and one or both are killed. The question is, does the fun continue or end there. In single player you can always restart or load your savegame but in a weekly tournament you can only die and then nothing. AI don't care but humans expect fair entertainment from games.

How would Norrin's revive script work in a big game like IC:Arma?

Not sure, I may recommend it. But similar concepts have been known to cause lag with the amount of players we have. smile_o.gif