Sign in to follow this  
NGFT

The "Why I'm going to buy ArmA2" thread

Oh wait, one more reason - because i'm worth it...

Hehe, you're a funny guy, funnyguy1.

Even though all i ever do on these forums these days is complain and whine about ArmA, i'll be pre-ordering ArmA2 for sure. I feel i owe it to BIS, for the hundreds of hours of enjoyment i've recieved from just messing about in the editor.

im buying it because there arent any alternatives. ofp2 is not an alternative, its obvious theyre going cod4 with it.

I'll buy it because it will have good infantry simulation, features that I was waiting for (medic, suppression, reloading while walking etc.) and good gameplay (just an assumption though).

I'll buy it because I don't want a "script-fest" gameplay.

And because I like BIS. smile_o.gif

Let's face it, I love this game! biggrin_o.gif

Of course, I'll buy OFP2 if it provides the scope and features CM is promising.

Because BIS knows how to give us highly detailed military entertainment compared to all other wannabe crap.

I buy it because I belive they learned from ArmA 1, and will fix all the bugs that showed up in ArmA 1. the ArmA 2 also looks nicer and has more Features than ArmA 1. also, I buy arma 2 to support BIS (with all the 60€ they get biggrin_o.gif ), So tehy can produce even better games in fututre.

Way g.. Play! tounge2.gif

i will buy arma2 because I have been a supporter of BIS since I first played OFP back in 2001. All the hours I've spent playing OFP and arma I just know BIS will not let me down. (they havnt yet)

But Codemasters OFP2 is looking interesting. Havnt seen much of ingame footage yet. Dont know how it will play, only time will tell I guess

im going to buy armed assault2 for the biggest reason of them all.....i bought a new pc especially for it..plus-{GOL}- the caln that i am in will be hopefully moving along to it when it is reeleased....i actualy cant wait for ym pc to come....settings:HIGH YEY

Because if it's anything like what Flashpoint 1 was like then it's gonna be damn good. *crosses fingers*

If I wouldn't buy it on the release day......how could i whine and howl because of the missing patches....... biggrin_o.gif

just kidding....

Keep up the good work BIS and take your time to make Arma2 as stable as possible...(especially MP)

regards

Teddy (GF)

Even if BIS would only add a new island in ArmA 2 and leave the rest the same, I'd still buy ArmA 2. Armed Assault is already the best game ever made. It's a miracle something so perfect has been given to us gamers, in this time of incredibly poor PC titles. All the freedom you can have on a big island map with lots of realistic military toys to play with, complete with 3D vehicle/aircraft interiors and razorsharp textures it's a dream come true for every PC simulator fanatic!

I'm glad the guys at BIS are still trying to make good games instead of just making a quick buck. Supporting them is my number one reason for buying ArmA 2.

That said, I'm sure ArmA 2 will be even better than ArmA 1. That's the second reason I'm buying it.

Drat, I'm beginning to sound like a true fanboy wink_o.gif

BIS was very veeery lucky, that hoards of ol' OFP fans bought the ARMA. After they bought it, they realized what buged sh** it was compared to original OFP. No storyline, crazy sounds, stability, flight controls ... leaving aside the Ai issues.

So the real question for me and them here. "Why i am not going to buy arma at the begining and maybe buy it later."

Bis better show us Demo before the ARMA2.

Having in mind how Marek with his group ripped us, i still wish them luck ... small companys sometimes have to sacrifise ol' fans, for the benefit of new ones. Sad reality confused_o.gif

I really dont care about the AI or anything if its like ArmA 1.08 will lots of multiplayer pvp addition well... I will worship it.

Im going to purchase it becuase

A: further eye candy, just when i thought ARMA was good on the eye.

B: Prefer the terrain that this next map offers

C: I really have got into the editor a lot more now and seeing as its improved but a continuation in familiar with it all now.

D: Arma's AI will be improved so Im guessing CQB will be more friendly in SP and to be honest that and eye candy alone will satisfy what I want from a SIM such as this. I like SF night missions allot from my Ghost Recon days.

E: Existing scripts should be seen in the next version, I mean all the script options now, and addons all appearing in a smarter AI better eye candy version ... say no more.

F: Just when i fell in love with COC/CEX it now comes as part of the game with the new mode.

BUT ...........  wow_o.gif  ............. as with anything no matter how familiar, demo first **most important **

I'm Buying it because our quad core 2Gb dedicated servers

will be running it and I would not miss the chance to play

coop with freinds!!!!!!!!!1 biggrin_o.gif

...because I get to flex my creative muscles on thinking of new and exciting ways to insult griefers in the disappointed thread...

Seriously though,  Micro AI and Village ladies

(no jokes please)

...because I get to flex my creative muscles on thinking of new and exciting ways to insult griefers in the disappointed thread...

Seriously though,  Micro AI and Village ladies

(no jokes please)

Lol gotta love blind brand name loyalty.