Sign in to follow this  
Tom_Anger

Ending Screen & Air Strike Question

Just so that I have the exact desription of the ending screen, can someone just describe what the following represent:

-Soldiers Recruited

-Soldiers Lost

-Vehicles Built

-Vehicles Lost

Also, how do you successfully setup and utilize an Airstrike? I've seen it used, but the people who used it didn't know how they had the ability or not. Any response is greatly appreciated.

Afaik there is no 'airstrike' in the vanilla Warfare?

Must of been a version of Warfare that had Mando-Bombs added.

Just so that I have the exact desription of the ending screen, can someone just describe what the following represent:

-Soldiers Recruited

-Soldiers Lost

-Vehicles Built

-Vehicles Lost

Also, how do you successfully setup and utilize an Airstrike?  I've seen it used, but the people who used it didn't know how they had the ability or not.  Any response is greatly appreciated.

That screen represents as it says, How many Vehicles were built from the factorys and how many vehicles got destroyed in the game etc.

Thanks for the replies. I will mention that I've hosted the vanilla version and a teammate ended up at some point realizing that he could purchase air strikes so I don't think that is a mod feature, although there are mods that have some decent features.

Also on the ending screen my question goes with this exampls. I saw on my ending screen:

# of soldiers recruited 545

# of soldiers lost 1131

How can the # of lost soldiers be more than the # of recruited ones?  That kind of raised my query.  I am thinking it may have something to do with AI, but not 100% sure. Looking for more insight on this please and thanks in advance.

'Soldiers recruited' would be the ones you bought,or ones you /other players bought.

'Soldiers lost' would be prehaps all soldiers lost:- yours/other players/A.I

Soldiers lost probably includes the spawned AI such at your base [you've noticed the infantry running/patrolling around].  If your base was repeatedly shelled with artillery, it would kill a LOT of those spawned soldiers [as opposed to recruited ones by human players].

By Airstrike, do you mean those explosions that occur around a specific spot, that come in waves every few seconds, before ceasing for at least 3-5 minutes?  That is Artillery, and from your command menu you can call those in if you've purchased artillery pieces [either as commander, or at a camp in any city, or with a repair truck in an area where the enemy is not likely to find it].  You also have to hire crewmen and bring them to the location and tell them to get in the artillery pieces.... then you can order them to strike targets.

They have about a 4000m range... if you order them to attack but they do not fire at all and your target was very far and you are sure you had ammo, that would be why.  So on North-South Sahrani maps, artillery pieces in south Sahrani cannot attack everywhere in North Sahrani, you have to create pieces in North Sahrani to cover that part of the island.

If you REALLY want airstrikes, you can use a laser designator on a target and a human flying a GBU plane can pick up the target and drop bombs on it. You could also have an AI fly the plane and bomb by ordering it to attack your laser target, but I usually do not risk such expensive planes with AI.