Sign in to follow this  
ardvarkdb

Metal Gear Solid PMCs (beta)

another update, this is due to my replacement pack, ill work on fixing it and will release an update soon

*Update, cant seem to find a fix for this

Awesome! Great work, Im actually just now reinstalling ArmA and figured Id check the forum for new stuff smile_o.gif love mgs4 so this is a great find.

You should seriously look into getting them Scars, it'd be a really nice finishing touch smile_o.gif

and you know you now have to model the Irvings[gekkou], right? :P

Hehe, thanks again

Thanks for spotting the bugs, I'll fix the Normal Map and that shadow thing for the next release.

The next release will also include Scars of some kind from somewhere.

Thanks for the mirror miller04! I'll update the first post.

Thanks for all the feedback.

well, there are already SCARS with 6th sense weapon

I dont know how to edit pbos or anything and I dont want to have to give them init coding every time, but I see that this is gonna be added in an update, so that's cool smile_o.gif

Awesome work ardvark, most definitely looking forward to the next release with SCARs aswell, then all thats left is some armed with a Mk14 EBR and a M60E3.

Thanks heaps smile_o.gif.

Wow...yeah some nice SCARs would definitely kick ass as well as the Mk14 EBR and M60E3.

In the Army, the older M60 was my favorite weapon. Despite its bad reputation on gun websites, I had no problems with the weapon and found it to be very dependable and extremely accurate. Cleaning it was the only difficult thing about it. Fortunately in ArmA we don't have to clean the weapons after an operation. lol!

At any rate, even if its only the SCARs in an update, that would totally kick ass!!!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Wow...yeah some nice SCARs would definitely kick ass as well as the Mk14 EBR and M60E3.  

In the Army, the older M60 was my favorite weapon.  Despite its bad reputation on gun websites, I had no problems with the weapon and found it to be very dependable and extremely accurate.  Cleaning it was the only difficult thing about it.  Fortunately in ArmA we don't have to clean the weapons after an operation. lol!

At any rate, even if its only the SCARs in an update, that would totally kick ass!!!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

well, all of these weapons are already relased in different packs smile_o.gif

SCARS = 6th Sense Weapons

M14 EBR = Yaciek's Weapons

M60 and M60E3 = Vilas Weapons, Rebus Italian Weapons and others

so it would be matter of permission for "borrowing" some weapons from packs and make suitable "PMC" weapon pack pistols.gif

Thanks for looking into where those weapons were located. I knew several existed but I didn't want my units to depend on a variety of weapon packs. As for the weapon list, here is the current status:

SCARS = I am working on incorporating a version of the 6th Sense SCAR H. I am adjusting it to user the iron sights, however, I like the Eotech version better (and it seems silly to me that in the future all of these fancy PMCs wouldn't have any optics on their weapons). I will more than likely include both versions. If people have a strong preference to functionality (the Eotech) or keeping with the original (the iron sights) let me know.

M14 EBR = I will see if Yaciek will let me use his weapon in my PMC weapon pack. If not, Scuba has a couple M14's that should work for the time being that he has offered for me to use.

M60 and M60E3 = I will look into Vilas Weapons, Rebus Italian Weapons and others.

These just look crazy man, great work pistols.gif

ya crazy looks nice havent tryed them out yet but in the pic is that an ammo pouch on there back huh.gif How and what crazy_o.gif How is that person to get the ammo lol crazy good work though wink_o.gif

Here there is a pack of a few M-14, with a lot of quality, and with some variants between the weapons in the pack.

I normaly load the PMC 1 with a silenced M-14 with Aimdot.

Hi, aside the pimp Yossarian's EBR's pack... if im not wrong, a man

was working on some FN-SCAR L & H for the ACE mod; and they

should be almost ready rightnow, DaSquade i think that was his name.

And he may not mind to borrow you his weapons to be used with

this good looking units. Let's C ya

Hi, i've noticed that the AI PMC's display/use the NVG's when they

try to scan for targets with the binoculars, also the radio pocket

texture should have a much more closer colour to the vest instead

use the current texture that uses rightnow. They also have GP25

nades on the inventary that i'll remove and they don't seem to have

the Throw and Put "weapons" because they don't use the hand grenades.

And now a few sugestions... if they were my units, i'll had rearmed

'em or some of 'em with G36K for the standard (no googles but protec)

unit, G36C for the CQB (googles On and protec) unit, M240B of the

cap and com-tact unit and a pimp SVD for the marksman unit. I'll

also had banked the AT4/RPG proxy to dodge to get the sight

obscured when looking arround in free mode and to make the units

look more real or just better when they're equiped with such weapons. Let's C ya

Hi, aside the pimp Yossarian's EBR's pack... if im not wrong, a man

was working on some FN-SCAR L & H for the ACE mod; and they

should be almost ready rightnow, DaSquade i think that was his name.

And he may not mind to borrow you his weapons to be used with

this good looking units. Let's C ya

Ok, lets set some facts straight here.

You'll be happy to know that the CARs that ardvarkdb is incorporating into the mod are these that Dasquade and I have made. They are the same that are in the current private releases of the 6thsense mod.

Dasquade made the original models for the CAR L, most of the attachments, and some of the textures, while I have been responsible for some of its texturing, the assembly of the various model parts, and I made the lods and textures for the CAR H, with help from Dasquade. I also made a couple attachments of my own for them.

You're right though, they are ready - and have been for some weeks now - and they're configd and pretty awesome, if I do say so myself. Just waiting for ACE release, really...unless.... wow_o.gif

Hi, where i've said "protec..." i wanted to mean MITCH 2002, im a

sucker, i know... . Let's C ya

Hi, i've seen that the PMC5 don't have the face the face cover in

the 2nd or 3rd LOD, which ruins his black camo; i don't know if the

rest of the PMC's have the same issue with the face cover or not. Let's C ya

Wipman, thanks for the bug reports, they are very helpful as I haven't had time to test much. My computer with the PMCs on it for editing is currently down b/c of a power outage due to a storm (since Sunday). Once I get my power up (they are estimating the end of this week) I'll make all those changes. I had already fixed the shadow bugs and updating the rest of the stuff won't take long.

As far as weapons go, the Cars should be here soon as Scuba mentioned, and I will more than likely just require Yaciek's M14 pack to go with the addons. As far as the M60 goes, that might come at a later date.

Stay tuned....

Hi, i'll also check or review the wounds on the PMC's too, the v1.14

wounds seem to look better than the custom ones that you've made.

At least for me...

Here it's a comparison:

pmc_bug_01.jpg

pmc_bug_02.jpg

To me the wounds (from the v1.14) that the Jonn's USMC use, look

better; but it's just a personal opinion, i think that that will improve

theyr shape once dead. Let's C ya

yeah great units but help.gif is a replacement file available without bugs?huh.gif?

I'm slowly working on a new version (I didn't make the replacement pack, it was done without my permission). I will make one that does work without bugs (hopefully). In the mean time I'm re-optimizing the units, fixing some of the bugs found, and adding the scars and some other guns when I can find the motivation.

Hi, if you look for well done & good working side weapons, you could

try this ones: Martin's BM Hk MK23 SOCOM Pack v1.2 .

I've seen many MPC's ared with those mosters in iraq as well as in

afganistan, i guess that they want to scare the enemy febore put

some lead into 'em. Let's C ya

good to hear thx for info and good luck ardvarkdb biggrin_o.gif