Sign in to follow this  
lockjaw-65-

Warfare idea

I have an idea for warfare that i want to make but not sure if it is even possible would be grateful if anybody could advise before i go any further.

The idea is this:

I want to make 2 permanant bases one for each side. They will both have all the factorys etc along with all defense installations. I want the factorys to be able to produce a vehicle at set times eg the heavy factory can produce a vehicle every 5 mins etc. I dont want the money system included at all. The object will be to capture as many towns as possible before your base falls. The side with the most captured towns is the victor.

Not totally sure here,but if you reduce the spawning flags down to 2,that should make the teams only spawn at those 2 locations.

As for the rest wouldnt know! smile_o.gif

Thanks for your input, the more i think about it the harder it seems. If i remove scripting for money etc it might effect other things in the game, Think i will have to make this from scratch lol

I have managed to do it and it is nearly ready but one thing i cannot do is make west start at their base and east at theirs. I have only 2 markers but they start randomly at each base, which is quiet funny when the ai start to destroy the base you have just started in because all the buildings are on the opposite team.. Can anybody help with this problem! thanks

In server/innit/innit server.sqs make it look like i have posted here

put  the 1 for east and 0 for west blue flag starter makers where youwant and it should work. Thats how I did it anyway you get a few errors come up but it works ........theres probably a better way to do it.

#PlaceSides

//_eastLocation = startingLocations Select (Random (_total - 1))

//_westLocation = startingLocations Select (Random (_total - 1))

_eastLocation = startingLocations Select ( (1))

_westLocation = startingLocations Select ( (0))

Thanks colligpip, it works, it is a shame about the error messages though  smile_o.gif

Just noticed though that i cannot use T menu sad_o.gif

Just noticed though that i cannot use T menu  sad_o.gif

Is this happening everytime?

I actually had this the other night,but was only for one game? confused_o.gif

Yes it seems be be all the time. a few other things i have tried to alter have caused the same problem. So im still working on it

Yes it seems be be all the time. a few other things i have tried to alter have caused the same problem. So im still working on it

I had this a few times in my version - No idea why tho sorry

I had this a few times in my version - No idea why tho sorry

Hi colligpip, i have worked it out and dont get any error messages and the t menu works fine.

I just changed the top two lines to look like this...

#PlaceSides

_eastLocation = startingLocations Select ( (1))

_westLocation = startingLocations Select ( (0))

if (_eastLocation == _westLocation) then {Goto "PlaceSides"};

if (_eastLocation Distance _westLocation < SIDESTARTINGDISTANCE) then {Goto "PlaceSides"};

eastStartingLocation = _eastLocation

westStartingLocation = _westLocation

PublicVariable "eastStartingLocation"

PublicVariable "westStartingLocation"

EastMHQ SetPos GetPos _eastLocation

WestMHQ SetPos GetPos _westLocation

{Leader _x SetPos ([GetPos _eastLocation,5,25] Call GetRandomPosition)} ForEach eastTeams

{Leader _x SetPos ([GetPos _westLocation,5,25] Call GetRandomPosition)} ForEach westTeams

Thanks for your help and to ck-claw smile_o.gif

any chance of a copy of your mission?

have you made it so that you have to cap all towns and not just destroy the hq to win? I wanted to do that for my version but didnt find out how.

Thought i had done but got other problems with the map at moment, as soon as complete will post here.

btw did think about making all towns to capture but there are too many and think it would be too long a game