Sign in to follow this  
BigRed

Wafare Tournament

It seems there are a lot of teams playing this and I thought of organizing a 6 v 6 warfare tournament. I wanted to post here to see how many teams would be interested before I did all the work of setting it up, 8 teams at least to make it a good tournament.

Anyone interested?

I think it is safe to say 1-8th would be interested in a 6 v 6. We are located in the US, and would like to get see some PvP here in the US.

Be sure to setup some ground rules for the tournament to try and ensure a good time.

For example:  Is it allowable for a team to "wall off" a camp to prevent people from retaking it?  Etc...  You don't want bad/negative feelings about how some teams got their victories.

How about the usage of helicopters as suicide guided missiles to destroy factories or worse, the MHQ?

506th would be interested.

any posibility of having a 6 vs 6, and something a little larger (12 vs 12, or 18 vs 18 utilizing 2 units per side possibly?)

knock knock

would have to be on Sundays for my squad you know the Drill nener.gif

Yeah there will be rules against lame tactics forsure.

6 v 6 will be the min if the other team agrees you can play as many as the map will hold.

I will get started this weekend on how it will all pan out and will get a forum up so we can all decide on what rules we want and don't want.

SHOOT would be willing to give this a go.

I will speak to my warfare expert about it, I have only ever played it once! smile_o.gif

what version of warfare would be used?

the 506th has a version that has included the mando missile scripts into it. it makes the map MUCH more fun to play, and makes the defensive turrets actually useful.

obviously some teams would feel we would have an advantage playing on a map we created, but the map could be made available to all teams participating, and it is designed to be 100% fair to both sides.

if you want to check it out, join the 506th PIR Baker Company server. most of the time its on our warfare map. current version is 5.1b

I would like to check it out franklin would you happen to have a link?

I'm also curious about which version will you be using, and will you accept input from participating squads on the version to be used?

I think there are some serious faults with the original release.

Is the 6v6 going to be played on the full island? That doesn't sound like enough players for the whole thing, maybe just South side.

thats why i asked about possibly larger squad sizes... if its just southern, it wouldnt be much fun.

I should have the forums up this weekend to discuss all of this.

Thanks Big Red. I will get a list of 1-8th players and post in the DK forums in a couple of days.

Thanks to DK for taking the time to put this together.

Thanks Guys!

Man good to see 1-8th again we used to have some great wars back in Wargames in OFP, DK has high respect for you guys.

Rock's Raiders might be interested. Our participation may depend on the timing of the matches and a couple of other details.

USMC-Warriors would be interested in a Warfare Tourney!

We like any of the varients, Matts or Iced.

Damn it will be like wargames all over again. Good to see all you guys again.