Sign in to follow this  
andersson

Arma Crows

Hi, I added some crows to the wildlife.

This is a

so you can see what it is about (from the rahmadi test so normally you dont get that much birds wink_o.gif ). That is the "normal" version, MarkXIII's Hifi-version is better (not depenent on the Hifi-soundmod).

I will paste the readme here so I know you all will read it.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">MarkXIII like crows, he wanted it and I made it.

This goes to you MarkXIII! Thank you for your Hifi-version!

I made this addon using BIS released mlods.

As I used BIS mlods I agreed to the licens there are released under.

If you want to use anything of this for your own models be sure to read the

ARMA_SampleCharactersAnimals_readme.txt also, or visit BIS official forum for info.

I added an unbinarized folder with MLOD and config.cpp.

What the addon does:

It adds crows that fly around in the same way as the seagulls and hawks.

Howto:

Use a modfolder of your choice and put 'andy_crow.pbo' in it.

Then you can choose what island you want crows on by adding one or more of those:

andy_crow_porto.pbo

andy_crow_rahmadi.pbo

andy_crow_sahrani.pbo

andy_crow_southern_sahrani.pbo

andy_crow_united_sahrani.pbo

You can read what island it affects in the pbo-name..

MarkXIII made a recommended hifi version of this addon that you find in the 'hifi version'-folder.

Use that instead of the "normal" andy_crow.pbo if you want the crows to sound better. And they do :)

andy_crow_rahmadi_test.pbo is only if you want to see alot of crows close to you.

I made that so you can see what it is about without taking a pair of binoculars

and head out on Sahrani with the risk of becoming an ornithologist (nothing against

ornithologists..). You find it in the 'test'-folder.

The model looks more like a crow then a seagull, but as the seagull-anims are used

the model is warped which makes it closer to segull... Atleast sometimes you do see the "true"

crow model in the air.

Enjoy,

andersson

PS. Its not really that visible but I made the crows alittle more persistant to rain compared to the seagulls.

I also made them more dense around houses (rural areas with all the trash and food was my thought). They should

also be in higher numbers if there are dead bodies laying around.

Armaholic

Armed Assault Info

eprison.de

Download from freewebs :-/

Thankyouuuuu andersson!

You know I love this, for me it adds such alot. Imagine playing a zombie mod with the mist thick, crows all around & zombies somewhere out there...Awesome

Thanks again buddy

Best Wishes

Mark XIII

Thank you!

If need be I can easilly add more density to the crows, I can also add them to more islands if requested.

It is standalone, I will make it clear in the first post.

Ok, thanks for the clearification thumbs-up.gif

Looks cool! tounge2.gif

crowra7.th.jpg

Is it possible to place them manually in the mission editor, or will they be only spawned automatically in the mission itself?

@Rellikki. If you take a look at the model you will se I actually tried to make them look like crows.. The seagull anim warps them back sad_o.gif Sometimes they do look like I wanted them to ingame.

You can place them in a mission the same way as seagulls, by script smile_o.gif The classnames are andy_crow_1 to andy_crow_10 (10 different crows as I couldnt get a sound array to work..).

I'm glad to see something other than Seagulls in the game, great job on these!

wtf .. i thought it was about a remote controlled turret  biggrin_o.gif

But crows as in 'birds' is even better. Thx!  thumbs-up.gif

THX later upload (next week) on www.ofp2-arma2.cznhl.com

@ andersson

Have you given any thought to creating a Military Working Dog? I think there is a Wolf in the BIS Files. I think that would be another great animal addon! Thanks for your work!

Thanks Andersson,

Sorry to make this a request-fest - but you've made a great addon -

Can your crows replace the seagulls? Nothng worse than being on an Afghan map and hearing seagulls! LOL wink_o.gif

Perhaps would you been keen to do Vulture or Hawk noises?

Thanks mate - just ideas wink_o.gif

Stew

crows, craa craaa smile_o.gif

yes definitely they should be on North Sahrani biggrin_o.gif

they fit this island and give atmosphere smile_o.gif

Can your crows replace the seagulls? Nothng worse than being on an Afghan map and hearing seagulls! LOL wink_o.gif

Perhaps would you been keen to do Vulture or Hawk noises?

Just name the map and I fix it for you when I get up from bed smile_o.gif

There are already hawks ingame wink_o.gif

I do request for different maps!

@Landdon. This was easy enough as there already was birds ingame. A dog is a whole other story Im afraid..

@the rest. Thank you for your words and mirrors!

great addon nice job smile_o.gif

just imgaine if the crows pecked a dead soldiers body in MP when the player disconnects tounge2.gif

Do one for the 3DE map? smile_o.gif

andy_crow for 3d party islands

@DMarkwick. There you go.

What do you all think is the best way of keeping this 3rd party island updated? Should I maybe collect requests first? If people want to host the file it can be up/outdated very quickly...

Btw, to all islandmakers, feel free to use and add my crows if you want. Remember the BIS mlod license though! If you want to avoid it you can always add your own extra config or contact me.

Well I'll be wanting one for mine when I release it, is it something I can do myself and just include it in the release?

Yes, its easy. Just open up one pbo and have a look. At the minimum you only have to change the island name in three places, if you want to tweak you have more values inside. Feel free to do as you please!

edit: Ofcourse you can also change the islands own config, but then its dependent on my crow addon. You are ofcourse free to do that aswell and to put my addon in your archive. But I like when you have choices, thats why I use island specific pbo's so everyone can choose themselves when and where the crows are there.

Yes, its easy. Just open up one pbo and have a look. At the minimum you only have to change the island name in three places, if you want to tweak you have more values inside. Feel free to do as you please!

edit: Ofcourse you can also change the islands own config, but then its dependent on my crow addon. You are ofcourse free to do that aswell and to put my addon in your archive. But I like when you have choices, thats why I use island specific pbo's so everyone can choose themselves when and where the crows are there.

Yeah I understand smile_o.gif however as my island is deep, deep inland I prefer the crows to the seagulls smile_o.gif I'd probably go the route of including your addon and adding in a small addon just for my island.

So what's next, pigeons for the cities? Vultures for the deserts? biggrin_o.gif